+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bellamy

Bellamy

Might be going to manage Oxford United.

Club have given their blessing.

Re: Bellamy

Good on him, he has spent his time here, learnt a bit of the craft, not afraid to take a job in league 1.

I wish him the best of luck.

Good for him. I hope he succeeds. I like his personality in football.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    Might be going to manage Oxford United.

Club have given their blessing.
    Best of luck to him and fair play for taking a League One club.

Gut says he won’t have the patience to be a manager.

Hope he does well, always good when w player is willing to drop down a few divisions not expect a premier league club to hand them a job like giggs does.

I love Bellamy, but this is a slightly odd situation. 5 points off relegation and 10 points off promotion. A gamble by Oxford United, but he will bring work rate for that team and drive. Will it be enough? Apparently he has done his licences and the way he speaks he seems to have great depth in his analysis. Listening to him speak is very persuasive.

The interesting thing with this appointment is the problem they are trying to solve. They already have scored more goals than some teams in the promotion playoff positions, but are leaking like a horny whore. So the key to his success is this - does he, or his intended coaching team around him, have the defensive coaching nouse to fix this issue? If he does he's quids in and we may well go on a good run and hit the playoffs, or make it next year. If he fails to get to the playoffs in two seasons then progressing his credentials as a would-be manager with "I failed to progress League One Oxford United" does not look good on his CV. Bellamy is taking a big risk here for sure, as are Oxford with his lack of experience.

I wish him and Oxford the best because I'd love to see Bellamy achieve his dreams. He stands a punchers chance because of his attitude alone. I bloody love the bloke and he as a Welsh icon in my eyes.

Good club for him, they've got a bit of cash with a good scouting network and identify young players from Premier League clubs, or Scottish clubs. They've sold players like Lundstrum to Sheff Utd, Marvin Johnson to Boro, Kemar Roofe to Leeds, Callum O'Dowda to Bristol City etc recently, and have players like Ledson and Rothwell who they'll probably sell in the summer. Just need a bit of experience in the side, and a shame they didn't get Lindsay who's done extremely well at Barnsley, who turned them down with the uncertainty over Appleton in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    I love Bellamy, but this is a slightly odd situation. 5 points off relegation and 10 points off promotion. A gamble by Oxford United, but he will bring work rate for that team and drive. Will it be enough? Apparently he has done his licences and the way he speaks he seems to have great depth in his analysis. Listening to him speak is very persuasive.

The interesting thing with this appointment is the problem they are trying to solve. They already have scored more goals than some teams in the promotion playoff positions, but are leaking like a horny whore. So the key to his success is this - does he, or his intended coaching team around him, have the defensive coaching nouse to fix this issue? If he does he's quids in and we may well go on a good run and hit the playoffs, or make it next year. If he fails to get to the playoffs in two seasons then progressing his credentials as a would-be manager with "I failed to progress League One Oxford United" does not look good on his CV. Bellamy is taking a big risk here for sure, as are Oxford with his lack of experience.

I wish him and Oxford the best because I'd love to see Bellamy achieve his dreams. He stands a punchers chance because of his attitude alone. I bloody love the bloke and he as a Welsh icon in my eyes.
    Yep !

He had to start lower down the leagues due to the perceived baggage that he carries around with him, but if he does well the bigger teams will be queing up for his services. I'll definately be keeping an eye on his progress, and I hope to see him back at Cardiff one day!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He had to start lower down the leagues due to the perceived baggage that he carries around with him, but if he does well the bigger teams will be queing up for his services. I'll definately be keeping an eye on his progress, and I hope to see him back at Cardiff one day!
    I don’t think baggage has that much to do with it Lampard is looking to start at a similar level too. Kevin Nolan and Edgar Davids too.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I don’t think baggage has that much to do with it Lampard is looking to start at a similar level too. Kevin Nolan and Edgar Davids too.
    Bellamy has the potential to be a top manager, but I have no doubt that some clubs would be put off by his reputation as a player. Personally I think this element of his character is what will set him apart from others, including those that you mentioned.