+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: City must try to focus on Wolves rather than chasing pack

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

City must try to focus on Wolves rather than chasing pack

9 points adrift ... after Wolves drop two points.

Re: City must try to focus on Wolves rather than chasing pack

Laugh at me all you like anyone reading.

Not beyond us or (for example) Fulham to catch them.

I fancied Fulham for automatics weeks ago, look how they are within touching distance of second, after being something like 12/14th not too long ago. Amazing run.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

I fancied Fulham for automatics weeks ago, look how they are within touching distance of second, after being something like 12/14th not too long ago. Amazing run.
    Fulham V Wolves Saturday 17:30 kick off. Draw would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Few injuries too.

Yep they have dropped 4 points in the last two games ,squeaky bum time

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Would be the best result for us wouldn't it.

I'll be watching it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    9 points adrift ... after Wolves drop two points.
    City have to focus only on one thing .....winning.

I want Wolves to lose. There fans will collapse under pressure and that nervousness will transfer to the team and manager. We win Sunday and the gap could be just 6 points. I cant see Wolves coping with pressure. They've had it all there own way so far. Lets focus on catching them.

I'm sorry but everyone is getting completely carried away with wolves. The gap is 9 points, they're a decent team that have lost 1 in 12. Let's aim to close the gap so that we hopefully open up a gap on 3rd

We are playing for second spot

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    I'm sorry but everyone is getting completely carried away with wolves. The gap is 9 points, they're a decent team that have lost 1 in 12. Let's aim to close the gap so that we hopefully open up a gap on 3rd

They're a decent team we've gained 4 points on in last two games.

We are playing for automatic and possibly the title.

Cant see anyone catching them, they don't concede or lose enough. But the idea is right, go for 1st and in the end 2nd is good enough.

I think as players they would want the trophy. Looking below and worrying about others isn't going to help us.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

Fulham are 17 points behind them with only 39 to play for you idiot.

So yes I’m laughing at your ridiculousness.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post

Someone with a bit of sense.

I for one hope they beat Fulham Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Someone with a bit of sense.

I for one hope they beat Fulham Saturday
    Agreed. Since they pulled away I’ve said multiple times on here that the best thing for us is that they beat everyone around us and lose to us. As the games run out dropping 3 points to Wolves (and hopefully us if we win when Wolves win) makes the gap to the chasing teams difficult to bridge

As for Fulham - should they not beat Wolves then they won’t wven catch us let alone Wolves. 2nd spot is ours to lose from here

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Agreed. Since they pulled away I’ve said multiple times on here that the best thing for us is that they beat everyone around us and lose to us. As the games run out dropping 3 points to Wolves (and hopefully us if we win when Wolves win) makes the gap to the chasing teams difficult to bridge

As for Fulham - should they not beat Wolves then they won’t wven catch us let alone Wolves. 2nd spot is ours to lose from here
    I'd rather Wolves beat everyone that's behind us. That's taking points of everyone that can catch us. We're probably not going to catch them. They're more than welcome to lose to the Sunderlands, Barnsleys and Boltons of the league mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I'd rather Wolves beat everyone that's behind us. That's taking points of everyone that can catch us. We're probably not going to catch them. They're more than welcome to lose to the Sunderlands, Barnsleys and Boltons of the league mind.
    I’ve always said if we finish in front of villa I reckon we will get promoted automatically. I still maintain that. Great if we can chase wolves down and get the gap down to 6, that might be as close as it’s gets tho if they recover from their blip.
    The closer we get to them the further we get from the chasing pack I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Isn’t that what I said?

For all those who say forget wolves. If Wolves lose to Fulham and we beat Bristol they'll only be 6 points in it. Are you really saying we can't make up 6 points?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Isn’t that what I said?
    Oops, replied to the wrong post and didn't see yours. Basically, yes. Well done sir, I completely agree

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    For all those who say forget wolves. If Wolves lose to Fulham and we beat Bristol they'll only be 6 points in it. Are you really saying we can't make up 6 points?
    Let's just focus on ourselves. If we win our games, we'll go up. I'd also rather a massive buffer to 2nd so we have less pressure. In the grand scheme of things, nobody is going to care if you finish 1st or 2nd but people will care if we finish 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    IF that happens then great but if your auntie had bollocks she’d be your uncle.

Until we are in 6 of them then the task in hand is promotion so I’d rather they took points of our other promotion rivals.

Its much better to be looking up and aiming to catch someone mentally rather than look down and worry about the teams behind us

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Its much better to be looking up and aiming to catch someone mentally rather than look down and worry about the teams behind us
    Exactly.

If we get 1st place, with how we were playing the start of last season, the shit mood around the club, and the players we had then Warnock deserves a massive ****ing statue next to Keenor

What’s all this “let’s just concentrate on this” and “we need to focus on that”?? It makes no difference what the fans concentrate or focus on, it’s just message board chit chat. It won’t affect our season.