+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Possible best run I can remember in many years

Possible best run I can remember in many years

Last 7 league games. Won five and drawn 2. Scored 13 and conceded just 2. That is something Malky's team didn't get close to from memory..... and going back to Scoular's days I can't remember a run like it.

With a home game against Wolves that could bring the gap down to 6. Wolves last 7 games... Won 3 Drawn 3 Lost 1 Scored 9 and 6 against. All of a sudden they don't look total certs.

Re: Possible best run I can remember in many years

This is a tough very tough division. Slip up and someone will take advantage. Wolves have a tricky few games ahead. All of a sudden they will be looking over their shoulders. I hope they’re feeling nervous.

Think we have what Scoular's brought to his side's resolve, this side wants to win.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveringBluebird View Post
    Last 7 league games. Won five and drawn 2. Scored 13 and conceded just 2. That is something Malky's team didn't get close to from memory..... and going back to Scoular's days I can't remember a run like it.

With a home game against Wolves that could bring the gap down to 6. Wolves last 7 games... Won 3 Drawn 3 Lost 1 Scored 9 and 6 against. All of a sudden they don't look total certs.
    Wolves next 5 away games looks absolutely savage too, tell you what this is gonna be some finish to the season

Quote Originally Posted by gronovic View Post
    Wolves next 5 away games looks absolutely savage too, tell you what this is gonna be some finish to the season
    Especially the 5th away fixture that they've got! I've heard that team aren't doing too badly....

From what little highlights are available to me, it seems we're grinding out the important results at places where it's easy to slip up. From memory, we don't often do too well at Portman Road so to pull this result off is massive.

Just concentrate on your own results everything else looks after itself then.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Just concentrate on your own results everything else looks after itself then.

Very impressive considering we’ve been decimated with injuries as well.

When we won the Championship we won 12 games out of 16, losing 1. After the traditional home defeat by Peterborough, we won 7 and drew 2.

If we can keep this record going

When we won the Championship we won 12 games out of 16, losing 1. After the traditional home defeat by Peterborough, we won 7 and drew 2.

If we can keep this record going there's no reason we can't reach 6,7,8 points ahead of 3rd. That puts pressure on the closing pack to keep up with us which can only help our cause. Obviously it's a big if.

We certainly seem to be very hard to beat at the moment, as we have been most of the season to be fair. I only hope Warnock can put together a decent defence to carry us through the period when we are without Morrison. The rest of the side I have every confidence in to do their job.

And last night we surpassed last season’s points total (62), we’re now sitting pretty with 64.

Feedback

we won 7 on the bounce under Eddie May in 1992/93. can't remember if they were all league games though.