+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well done Stormzy and Dua Lipa

Well done Stormzy and Dua Lipa

Who are they? It's the first I've heard of them.

Re: Well done Stormzy and Dua Lipa

Didnt Stormzy do that grenfell tower single ? ? ? bridge over troubled water ( the Simon & Garfunkel one )

Are they weather fronts?

I thinks its pronounced El Nino

It's just cool to like Stormzy. He was gonna win best album no matter what he put out. He's good, but he's way overhyped, and hid album is average. There were a few grime/hip hop albums better than his last year.

Dua Lipa is one great looking lass

Stormzy's such a G! Such a nice guy irl

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Who are they? It's the first I've heard of them.
    You’re just old and not up with what’s currently popular, no shame in that buy I always find it weird when people wear that as a badge of honour.

I turned on the Brits just to see some bloke rapping (but most of it bleeped out).
    He was standing on a plastic box that contained a Lambourghini being smashed up by a bloke with a baseball bat.

The audience looked as confused as me.

Stormzy the new housewives choice......It was AJ Tracey and Big Zuu who was rapping the day after Grenfell around the Grove.

Stormzy could release any crap now and it would be heralded as genius, what a poet...

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    You’re just old and not up with what’s currently popular, no shame in that buy I always find it weird when people wear that as a badge of honour.
    You couldn't be further away from the truth with that statement. I track a number of music critic rating sites, and they have never come up.

You couldn't be further away from the truth with that statement. I track a number of music critic rating sites, and they have never come up.
    So you would have us believe that you've firmly got your finger on the pulse of what kids today like, yet have never heard of Stormzy before?

download.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    So you would have us believe that you've firmly got your finger on the pulse of what kids today like, yet have never heard of Stormzy before?
    They are obviously not setting the global music scene alight, but I would have expected our Brit Award winners to have at least made some kind of impact on the world stage.

They are obviously not setting the global music scene alight, but I would have expected our Brit Award winners to have at least made some kind of impact on the world stage.
    Ah right, it's their fault.

So you're saying ed sheeran should have won?

So you're saying ed sheeran should have won?
    I never said anything of the sort! Are you saying Liam Gallagher should have won?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Ah right, it's their fault.
    The top British acts usually have the international music scene sussed out, and they normally do well in the USA and beyond. Maybe we are slipping a bit?

I never said anything of the sort! Are you saying Liam Gallagher should have won?
    You were suggesting that making an impact on the world stage should be important for this award. Nobody has made a bigger impact than ed sheeran. Not my favourite but you can see why he's successful.

who do you think should have won then as you're so down with the kids?

The top British acts usually have the international music scene sussed out, and they normally do well in the USA and beyond. Maybe we are slipping a bit?
    Most recent British Male winners include Sheeran and Bowie, apart from them:

Ben Howard
    James Bay
    Plan B
    Dizzee

Would you say these have done well in the USA?

Same question for the females, Adele and:

Emili Sande
    Paloma Faith
    Ellie Goulding
    Laura Marlin
    Lilly Allen

It looks to me Our Ed and Our Adele are the exceptions (Bowie is obviously Bowie)

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Most recent British Male winners include Sheeran and Bowie, apart from them:

Ben Howard
    James Bay
    Plan B
    Dizzee

Would you say these have done well in the USA?

Same question for the females, Adele and:

Emili Sande
    Paloma Faith
    Ellie Goulding
    Laura Marlin
    Lilly Allen

It looks to me Our Ed and Our Adele are the exceptions (Bowie is obviously Bowie)
    You have just highlighted the fact that British music has been shite for a long time. The glory days are well and truly gone

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Have to agree with you for once.

My musical tastes are from bands I listened to in my teens and twenties, so it’s only natural that today’s youth do the same.

You have just highlighted the fact that British music has been shite for a long time. The glory days are well and truly gone
    I'm highlighting that British music acts "usually" haven't got the USA sussed as you thought they did so I'm afraid the truth is, as we can all see, you're out of touch.

Don't feel bad about it though. Happens to everyone.

The Brit awards have always been pretty mainstream and shite, that shouldn't be a surprise to someone of your musical knowledge

download.jpg
    He's too busy shagging Miss World

The Brit awards have always been pretty mainstream and shite, that shouldn't be a surprise to someone of your musical knowledge
    What’s wrong with liking mainstream?