+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just got back......

Just got back......

A hard fought win against a mediocre Ipswich team.

It wasn't pretty in a game of low quality, but the result is all that matters at this stage of the season, and these are exactly the sorts of matches that serious promotion contenders need to win, and typically games that Cardiff City don't!

The whole City team worked so hard. They defended superbly, Ralls and Damour ran their legs off in midfield, and Colin bringing on Madine at HT for Gruijic (which I thought was a bit harsh at the time) to play up front with Zohore, kept the Ipswich defence much busier in the second half.

The only negatives were Morrison having to go off just before HT with an injury (hopefully not to serious) and Connelly at left back - it is easy to see why he has only started two games all season. He looked well off the pace and nearly all Ipswich's attacks, certainly in the first half, went down his side of the pitch.

Now, if only I could get some tickets for Brentford.......

Re: Just got back......

Glad Damour got a start and glad he seems to have had a good game. He's looked lively in his last few cameos.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Glad Damour got a start and glad he seems to have had a good game. He's looked lively in his last few cameos.
    I thought that he had a good game - he never stopped running, which alongside Ralls must be a pain in the arse to play against.

Your a hero Bobby Dandruff,the club should treat you to a Brentford freebie, Ipswich is one bad boy round trip to make on a winters night.

Lucky bugger.
    We've just gone past Reading 😕

Just back indoors. Great result. Bring on the Wurzels!
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    A hard fought win against a mediocre Ipswich team.

It wasn't pretty in a game of low quality, but the result is all that matters at this stage of the season, and these are exactly the sorts of matches that serious promotion contenders need to win, and typically games that Cardiff City don't!

The whole City team worked so hard. They defended superbly, Ralls and Damour ran their legs off in midfield, and Colin bringing on Madine at HT for Gruijic (which I thought was a bit harsh at the time) to play up front with Zohore, kept the Ipswich defence much busier in the second half.

The only negatives were Morrison having to go off just before HT with an injury (hopefully not to serious) and Connelly at left back - it is easy to see why he has only started two games all season. He looked well off the pace and nearly all Ipswich's attacks, certainly in the first half, went down his side of the pitch.

Now, if only I could get some tickets for Brentford.......
    I'm guessing you either don't live in Cardiff or came back in a helicopter.

He's a South london fan Harry..think i may have beaten him back by 10 mins..you remember those days

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    He's a South london fan Harry..think i may have beaten him back by 10 mins..you remember those days
    Sure do mate. And the days where we took several hours to get home from a home game!

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Surrey