+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Scruffy goal, scruffy game, but Cardiff steal a march on other promotion chasing clubs.

Scruffy goal, scruffy game, but Cardiff steal a march on other promotion chasing clubs.

Re: Scruffy goal, scruffy game, but Cardiff steal a march on other promotion chasing clubs.

Thanks Bob.

Was convinced he was going to blow for handball with the goal, learnt my lesson about celebrating until I was sure it's been given after the Millwall fiasco.

Re: Scruffy goal, scruffy game, but Cardiff steal a march on other promotion chasing clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    An excellent blog.

What we have seen for much of this season is an ever changing line up, sometimes forced by injury, sometimes by choice, sometimes failing to work but mostly successful. It’s become almost a guessing game as to what the team will be with players like Halford, Pilkington and Connolly coming in from the cold and players like Zohore and Mendez Laing, even Bamba occasionally left out.
    Warnock may be tinkering through necessity but he’s mostly making it work. Even though some players are not always hitting the heights in performance they still contribute (except ML v Millwall) and are undoubtedly team players.

For me, last night was Cardiff's best win this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    For me, last night was Cardiff's best win this season.
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    An interesting read.

Connelly was definitely the weak link though despite improving somewhat in the second half. But not by much.

A good win though, all things considered, but a rubbish football match as evidenced by the misleading ‘highights’ on Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    An interesting read.

Connelly was definitely the weak link though despite improving somewhat in the second half. But not by much.

A good win though, all things considered, but a rubbish football match as evidenced by the misleading ‘highights’ on Sky.
    Not really surprised when Connolly has only played 1 league game this season before last night and then asked to fill in at left-back!

Thought as a unit they coped really well.

Great read once again TOBW.
    I thought we'd draw at best this squad is a good one .

Those who are not first teamers and filling unusual positions, deserve much credit , the likes of Connolly, Halford and Bryson come in to buy others rest and recovery ,there contribution is very important in the long season and tough league .

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    An interesting read.

Thought he was one of the better players in the 2nd half. Ist half not so good I agree. Nut in the 2nd half he one nearly all the headers he went for and played with more confidence.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Thought he was one of the better players in the 2nd half. Ist half not so good I agree. Nut in the 2nd half he one nearly all the headers he went for and played with more confidence.
    Spedger
    He did have a better second half. He was struggling badly in the first. Almost scored as well

Great to have players like him and Halford who can do a job in lots of positions and who are positive influences in the squad even when not playing.

You can see why Warnock likes to have a few of these guys around

Our time wasting was awful mind. I would have been having a fit if it was the other way around, but we really killed the game.