City complete as league double over Ipswich for the first time since 1946/47

More...

Watch Zohore's goal here

While being happy with his teams effort Ipswich boss Mick McCarthy was less impressed by the referee. Feeling his side should have had a penalty in added time McCarthy also bemoamed the goal scored by Kenneth Zohore after the ball struck both arms of the City forward before being poked into the net.

“They were bad decisions,” said McCarthy. “I thought it was a really soft free-kick (which led to the goal). It was just Chambo (Luke Chambers) and Gary Madine fighting for the ball. Then apart from him handling the ball with two hands to make sure it stays in the centre of the box for him to toe-poke in, I didn’t see anything else wrong with the goal.

“I just been to see the ref and he says it wasn’t intentional. It hit both his hands and it wouldn’t have stayed where it stayed had it not hit his hands. The referee has seen it and not given it and I think that’s a bit harsh. You’ve got to rely on people to give the decision.

“I’ve asked him about our (penalty appeal) at the end too. He gave a foul to them when Greg Halford was only looking at Cameron (Carter-Vickers) and had both arms around him.

“I don’t think Bart (Bialkowski)’s had too many saves to make and if it had finished nil-nil I think that would have been a fair result.

“Hey-ho. At least I’m happy with the way the lads played. I was delighted. They gave everything.”

C:WindowsTempphp8038.tmp

Neil Warnock was delighted to get the win. A rare thing for Cardiff City at Portman Rd.

"I thought [Gary Madine] changed the game when he came on and Zohore is never going to get a nice sweet strike with his left foot it's always going to be an awkward, horrible bouncy thing and I love to see them go in and it was great, especially with our fans being down the end he scored. He fell down and got up quick and he enjoyed the pressure off him a little bit with Gary playing there.

"But I thought Mick's lads put a good shift in and he should be proud of them, there was not much wrong with their effort. But it was fantastic to come here and get three points."

C:WindowsTempphp8152.tmp