Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
There was also a comment about the Derby score, where Macadder and me, amongst others, were providing score updates. Just pointless so ignored it, for the reasons already given.
The board at the time was ticking over nicely between the matchday thread and latest scores thread, twas both light hearted and quite exciting. Then a new thread got started by Nick about a substitution made at h/t, quite rightly pulled up in a civil manner by Dembe (I think it was) which Nick replied to in his usual argumentative way, then the thread got removed.

Another one popped up from Nick about Zohore and was also quickly removed before anyone could reply.

It was then I decided to be a bit mischievous and post "on behalf if Nick", the content of his posts and Mike then announced he had giving Nick a "straight red".

I have noticed a pattern with Nick starting threads previously posted, with exactly the same message, but with different thread title.
I ignore most of the time but picked him up on one last week I think it was. He started the 'why me' stuff and it just got quite pathetic.

Nick is not alone in derailing threads but this was blatant attention seeking.
Sometimes a thread might take another course for the better, lead to other debates for example, but Nick always seems to turn it round and make it about him.
I usually steer clear of these, as do many others, as it just becomes schoolyard name calling.

He's akin to a person interrupting a conversation and moving the focus to their own theme.
This could be because that person feels left out or maybe they are just self obsessed. Insecure?
Control freaks in most peoples' minds,* "leaders" in their own.

I'm quite looking forward to Nick's "release" with a couple of games left, especially on match days. Hopefully, for his sake, we will already have secured promotion and warm to him, whatever he posts.