+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Greg Halford.

Re: Greg Halford.

Yes spot on you need these type of players who are happy to be in and out but above all because there dedicated to the sport they are always fit ,versatile and willing , Connolly is of the same mold, I would suggest those who ridicule don't fully appreciate the make up of football squads and it's long term needs .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes spot on you need these type of players who are happy to be in and out but above all because there dedicated to the sport they are always fit ,versatile and willing , Connolly is of the same mold, I would suggest those who ridicule don't fully appreciate the make up of football squads and it's long term needs .
    Quite.
    Not every player we have need to be a “match winner” in fact, having Halford on the bench is the equivalent of having that as we can see out a 1-0 win comfortably ala Saturday.

The man himself has just sent a cracking Tweet. Yeah, since i've been here. Whenever I have come on as sub we haven't dropped a single point. To which I replied, Please ensure the gaffer gets you on in every game between the end of the season and we'll all be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    in your analysis you have forgotten one minor detail - some city fans are morons and know little of football
    Every club has them but we seem to be cursed with more than most. Halford is a good squad player. Warnock knows him and trusts him, that was good enough for me from day one.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Agree with all the positive comments on Halford. He has been an excellent addition to the squad. A 6 out of 10 player who won’t let anyone down.

The same applies to Feeney this season. He’s not as versatile as Halford but has also been solid and reliable in almost every appearance. I wasn’t enthused when he signed but I was wrong and Warnock (as usual) was right.
    Feeney's a weird one. I was pretty unimpressed with him and wasn't happy when Neil re signed him. Then he really impressed in his man city cameo. We haven't seen him since 😁

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Had a bit of a stinker on his City debut in the FA Cup match with Fulham last season, but, apart from that, when has he ever let City down? For me, he always does a decent job when called upon and yet he seems to be a bit of a comic figure for some - he's not here to be a first team starter every week, but to fill in for others in a variety of positions when the need arises and last night was another example of him doing what it says on the tin so to speak.
    Yes I would agree. Technically limited, but like Nicky Butt and Phil Neville during the successful Man Utd years, a functional and flexible team player with a great commitment and essential work ethic. As is often the case with Warnock, money well spent.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Roy Keane hates him which means Halford's probably a really nice guy

He isn't the most technically gifted, but he knows that and does what's required, I like him
    Keane was infuriated relating to the sale of Halford from Reading to Sunderland and information Steve Coppell withheld during a rushed through medical. I don't think Halford is hated by Keane but you never know?

Quote Originally Posted by Culver Blue View Post
    Keane was infuriated relating to the sale of Halford from Reading to Sunderland and information Steve Coppell withheld during a rushed through medical. I don't think Halford is hated by Keane but you never know?
    Roy Keane is a total cock.

Another one who's been given all the opportunity due to his playing career, but is now just an assistant at a mediocre international side as no decent club wants him and his shitty attitude

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

Another one who's been given all the opportunity due to his playing career, but is now just an assistant at a mediocre international side as no decent club wants him and his shitty attitude
    I agree with what he said about Wilshere last night though

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post

Did a decent job at sunderland, and given the opportunity by his good old mate, Niall Quinn Did ok at Ipswich, but didn't have a lot of cash. As for shitty attitude, well, he's his own man and wont have any shit, he's a winner, with a winning attitude, it may not be to peoples taste, but i'd have wanted him on my side.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Did a decent job at sunderland, and given the opportunity by his good old mate, Niall Quinn Did ok at Ipswich, but didn't have a lot of cash. As for shitty attitude, well, he's his own man and wont have any shit, he's a winner, with a winning attitude, it may not be to peoples taste, but i'd have wanted him on my side.
    because if you are on the other team he will break your leg on purpose. Absolute ****.

He did at both to start, then fell out with everybody and left both clubs in a mess when he couldn't get his own way.

Does 'being your own man' mean testing people around you like shit ? As that is what he appears to do.

As for wanting him on my side .. I saw Quinn school him when with Man City v Forest. He wasn't quite as big a man when the odds were against him.

His comments on the tackle on Alf Inge Harland ( I think) were disgusting.

Can't stand him.

He did at both to start, then fell out with everybody and left both clubs in a mess when he couldn't get his own way.

Does 'being your own man' mean testing people around you like shit ? As that is what he appears to do.

As for wanting him on my side .. I saw Quinn school him when with Man City v Forest. He wasn't quite as big a man when the odds were against him.

Can't stand him.
    Judging by your views on tackling, you are the Sunday league version of Roy Keane! (Just kidding)

Judging by your views on tackling, you are the Sunday league version of Roy Keane! (Just kidding)
    No offence taken.
    Happy to admit I would bring someone down to stop a goal, but unlike Keane I would never have gone in with the intention of seriously hurting anyone ( which was the whole point I was trying to make about Bennett- it sort of got lost as the debate took a bit of a detour 😂 )

Can't stand him.
    Hard tackler just like you isn't he

👍

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Hard tackler just like you isn't he
    Intentionally hitting the top of the ball face on in order to try to break someone's leg isn't hard tackling.

( That was Keane by the way)

Intentionally hitting the top of the ball face on in order to try to break someone's leg isn't hard tackling.

Apart from the Alfie halland (spelling) tackle to be fair to him he grew up in a generation where you go in hard I might be in a minority but I like Keane not afraid to say what's on his mind

I know mate, was joking.

Bored on the train

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Apart from the Alfie halland (spelling) tackle to be fair to him he grew up in a generation where you go in hard I might be in a minority but I like Keane not afraid to say what's on his mind
    I like him too. What he said about Jack Wilshere was spot on. People moan about fence sitters not speaking their mind, then when people are blunt and straight to the point the same people get all offended.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I know mate, was joking.

Bored on the train
    👍

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    because if you are on the other team he will break your leg on purpose. Absolute ****.
    I don't think he broke anyone's leg-correct me if i'm wrong. Are you talking about the Haaland Tackle? Out of order, although he did laugh at Keane and accuse him of cheating when he sustained a very serious injury, told Keane to '****ing get up' Keane shouldn't have done him like that, but Haaland deserved a little something. Keane wasn't an overly dirty player, he wouldn't have played at the top for so long if he was.

I don't think he broke anyone's leg-correct me if i'm wrong. Are you talking about the Haaland Tackle? Out of order, although he did laugh at Keane and accuse him of cheating when he sustained a very serious injury, told Keane to '****ing get up' Keane shouldn't have done him like that, but Haaland deserved a little something. Keane wasn't an overly dirty player, he wouldn't have played at the top for so long if he was.
    Keane wasn't overtly dirty? Really? He was playing at the top precisely because he was that era's equivalent of a hatchet man; decent player certainly but a thug in addition.

The likes of Tommy Smith would have wiped the floor with him mind.

Yes and if I was in a pickle in alleyway outnumbered I'd feel safe with our Roy beside me