+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Greg Halford.

Re: Greg Halford.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Agree with all the positive comments on Halford. He has been an excellent addition to the squad. A 6 out of 10 player who won’t let anyone down.

The same applies to Feeney this season. He’s not as versatile as Halford but has also been solid and reliable in almost every appearance. I wasn’t enthused when he signed but I was wrong and Warnock (as usual) was right.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Keane wasn't overtly dirty? Really? He was playing at the top precisely because he was that era's equivalent of a hatchet man; decent player certainly but a thug in addition.

The likes of Tommy Smith would have wiped the floor with him mind.
    If he was just a thug, then he wouldn't have played for Manchester United for so long, he would have been a liability, he could play, and was one of the best box to box midfielders to have played the game. He was physical, but I can't recall other teams, managers and pundits lining up to crucify his thug like tendencies, there's no way a player can survive at that level if their main contribution is to boot people, and it's an insult to his ability to say so. Maybe i'm wrong, maybe i'm forgetting the outrage from Keane's contemporaries over his 'thuggish' behaviour on the pitch, over a sustained period, you'll have to remind me.

I don't love him enough to start him

Did OK today.
    With the state on our pitch getting a toe in was important- he's good at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Did OK today.
    With the state on our pitch getting a toe in was important- he's good at that.
    Heard a grumble when he went to head the ball after Bamba had got a head on it.. he tried to flick it on and I could hear the groans. 20 seconds later Hoilett played a pass short to Bennett (I think) and nothing..

Anyway they all put in a shift.

I liked Feeney today as well.

Thought he played well today.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Thought he played well today.
    I thought he played ok; I wouldn't say he played well, just ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I thought he played ok; I wouldn't say he played well, just ok.
    He’s like the invisible man. Only noticeable when something goes wrong.
    Sadly that’s not good enough as we need players who are noticeable for what they can achieve.
    If most players deserved a six today he should have been one less.
    The win elevated most to seven.

In a matter of 5 days he’s come in at full back and midfield, we’ve won both games snd kept clean sheets. He did what he’s here to do. Filled in and did a decent job. Every squad needs a Greg Halford.

Halford couldn't pass water today

He was solid today. Made some good tackles in midfield.

I wouldn't say he's what I love to go to pay and see for 90 minutes and on the whole that was one of the worst games of football I have ever seen (it was probably the coldest I've ever been too) but Warnock knows what it takes to win and I can't argue with that.

I would have loved to have seen Grujic play today though as I think we would have created more.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    He’s like the invisible man. Only noticeable when something goes wrong.
    Sadly that’s not good enough as we need players who are noticeable for what they can achieve.
    If most players deserved a six today he should have been one less.
    The win elevated most to seven.
    He put in 100% and didn’t do a lot wrong but his lack of pace and agility worries me.

After 60 mins I was hoping he would have been replaced by a quicker player.

All credit though to Halford, a proper professional.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    In a matter of 5 days he’s come in at full back and midfield, we’ve won both games snd kept clean sheets. He did what he’s here to do. Filled in and did a decent job. Every squad needs a Greg Halford.
    I don’t think so at this level.

He should still get on the park at some point during the season, preferably driving the tractor cutting the grass.

Wasn't happy to see him start today but I though he did a good job.