+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: TV advice for a technophobe idiot please

TV advice for a technophobe idiot please

Apparently I need to get now TV or Netflix

How do I do this ? Do I have to buy a box or a stick or something ?

Those Amazon stick things , is that nowtv ?

I really don't have a clue

Cheers

Re: TV advice for a technophobe idiot please

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Apparently I need to get now TV or Netflix

How do I do this ? Do I have to buy a box or a stick or something ?

Those Amazon stick things , is that nowtv ?

I really don't have a clue

Cheers
    Guessing you don’t have a sky box or virgin etc. Not really sure about Now tv. Amazon fire stick is meant to be good, they would connect to your WiFi. Netflix also through WiFi , if you have a Smart tv you can get Netflix on there (the Tv connects to WiFi)

This should explain it all, Sludge.

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/tvs-e...netflix-now-tv

Quote Originally Posted by Neathblue63 View Post
    Guessing you don’t have a sky box or virgin etc. Not really sure about Now tv. Amazon fire stick is meant to be good, they would connect to your WiFi. Netflix also through WiFi , if you have a Smart tv you can get Netflix on there (the Tv connects to WiFi)
    Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by El Horno View Post
    This should explain it all, Sludge.

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/tvs-e...netflix-now-tv
    Thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by Neathblue63 View Post
    I don't have a smart TV , just a crappy alba from Argos with freeview , cheers mate , will look into firestick

Basically I want to watch films instead of buying dvds , comedy classics , Marx brothers and funny stuff like murder in successville on BBC I player , not interested in game of thrones and all that nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I don't have a smart TV , just a crappy alba from Argos with freeview , cheers mate , will look into firestick
    firesticks are good.

they contain netflix (but you still have to subscribe to it £7.49 a month), and you also can get ITV catch up, BBC iPlayer and most terrestrial catch ups for free.

It's heavily loaded for Amazon Prime features (but that's another subscription service if you want to use that).

You need a TV with a HDMI port to plug the firestick into and it also needs to be powered, either from a USB socket on the TV or via a USB plug into the mains. So no point getting one if you do have a crapy old telly as it may not be compatible,

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    firesticks are good.

they contain netflix (but you still have to subscribe to it £7.49 a month), and you also can get ITV catch up, BBC iPlayer and most terrestrial catch ups for free.

It's heavily loaded for Amazon Prime features (but that's another subscription service if you want to use that).

You need a TV with a HDMI port to plug the firestick into and it also needs to be powered, either from a USB socket on the TV or via a USB plug into the mains. So no point getting one if you do have a crapy old telly as it may not be compatible,
    My TV has a hdmi port , I am old school but not that old school

Mate of mine has mentioned the Google chrome stick