Quote Originally Posted by dave1927 View Post
From the limited few times i have seen Bristol City this season i think they have looked decent, they certainly look like they are playing for their manager. I dont think he can be written off because his dad got him a job. He still has to perform to expectations of the club. He has never been fired and never left a club in a worse position than he started. At his age that isnt bad going. You dont have to like the guy but he seems to be doing a decent job of being a football manager even if he is a bit of a twerp of a personality.
Never been fired... yet.

That's a tad spurious - is he better than Warnock since Warnock has been fired? If Lee Johnson thus equal to say Wenger? The expectations of the Wurzels are promotion. He's never achieved that at any club he's been at. Sure he may have left clubs better off but he's never pushed any club to the next level. Last season barely stayed up with a goalscorer. This season, wheels falling off rapidly.

Having a noble dogmatic approach of "we play attractive football" ( though I don't always see that when they play ) is all very well and good, but it helps if they have a modicum of success in the process.

He's at best a steady eddie, will never be a top notch manager. His pathetic mind games are an attempt to deflect from his own team's poor form.