+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Paul Pogba

Paul Pogba

Am I the only one who thinks the guy is ridiculously overrated.
    I'm no Mourinho fan and believe he fails to get the best out of a lot of players like Martial and Rashford etc but I don't particularly understand why the press and pundits believe Pogba should have no defensive duties.

I never watched much Italian football when he was playing for Juventus but I keep reading how good he was there but for me he looks like the footballing version of Chris Eubank Junior. He has all the freestyle skills and can hit a 60 yard pass with ease but his game understanding is woeful in my opinion.

If he plays against Man City Pep will exploit the holes he leaves and rip United apart.

There seems to have been a shift towards a Futsal type game here in UK where players have far more expression (I know Mozzer is a big fan) but I fear that we will become even more tactically naive as a result.

Personally whilst I believe beating a player is a great tool for a footballer to have, I believe game understanding and decision are the things that set the very top players apart.

Re: Paul Pogba

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks the guy is ridiculously overrated.
    I'm no Mourinho fan and believe he fails to get the best out of a lot of players like Martial and Rashford etc but I don't particularly understand why the press and pundits believe Pogba should have no defensive duties.

I never watched much Italian football when he was playing for Juventus but I keep reading how good he was there but for me he looks like the footballing version of Chris Eubank Junior. He has all the freestyle skills and can hit a 60 yard pass with ease but his game understanding is woeful in my opinion.

If he plays against Man City Pep will exploit the holes he leaves and rip United apart.

There seems to have been a shift towards a Futsal type game here in UK where players have far more expression (I know Mozzer is a big fan) but I fear that we will become even more tactically naive as a result.

Personally whilst I believe beating a player is a great tool for a footballer to have, I believe game understanding and decision are the things that set the very top players apart.
    No.

He's a good player, but they paid at the time a record fee, you pay that for match winners which he isn't.

Don't think I recall seeing him do something which has made me think he's that type of player.

Not great defensively either.

The fact they paid all that money for someone they got rid of for a relatively low fee is funny.

Just saw this. Exactly what I'm trying to say.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...mpression=true

He isn't good enough defensively, Matic covered him massively earlier this season

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Just saw this. Exactly what I'm trying to say.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...mpression=true
    Shame they want you to subscribe to read that, looked a good read.