+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My son with Welsh Guards will be marching on the pitch before the Bristol Game

My son with Welsh Guards will be marching on the pitch before the Bristol Game

My son and other members of the 1st Battalion Welsh Guards will be marching out onto the pitch on Sunday before KO.

So, for once I gotta be in the ground early

Re: My son with Welsh Guards will be marching on the pitch before the Bristol Game

That’s me sapping then

Re: My son with Welsh Guards will be marching on the pitch before the Bristol Game

Any particular occasion or just a random appearance?

Quote Originally Posted by dave1927 View Post
    Any particular occasion or just a random appearance?
    Just random, it's about the forth time his Battalion has been involved, it's just the clubs way of showing they support the boys.

Vincent Tan also gave them a substantial donation a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    My son and other members of the 1st Battalion Welsh Guards will be marching out onto the pitch on Sunday before KO.

You must feel so proud.

Lovely moment for you must be a wonderful sight seeing your lad with his regiment .

I’ll be there to ensue you are in your seat before kick off

PS great to see the club supporting our troops

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post

Make sure he stays awake

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Make sure he stays awake

We got tickets for level 4, so I won't be in my normal seat, so sorry, you won't be able to set your watch by me Andria

PS:--- Did you solve your ticket problem. ??

I do not fall asleep, I just rest my eyes (in "OUR RUSS'S days)

Top respect

A few years ago it seemed every time I came over the army were marching.
    I thought there had been a military coup.

Enjoy the day.

No, I’m resigned to going in with the chavs.

If however you know anyone who wants to swap seats for standing let me know.

Vincent Tan also gave them a substantial donation a few years ago.
    It's coming to something when the British army is funded by a Malaysian business man

Your son had better lead the charge into the away end...

My father was a Welsh Guard.
    Best soldiers on earth 👍

Hope he has a great day Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    My father was a Welsh Guard.
    Best soldiers on earth 👍

Hope he has a great day Tony
    Cheers Tim.

Don't know if you remember, but when we had that open air party down the Bay, to celebrate WINNING the Championship, Marc & Jay, were the 2 Welsh guards, in full regalia & bearskin hats, who carried the cup onto the stage.

At the after party, the players were having selfies with Marc & Jay, not the other way around.

Great photo of Kev Mac with a bearskin on. We were there till daybreak, great memories.

Cheers Tim.

Don't know if you remember, but when we had that open air party down the Bay, to celebrate WINNING the Championship, Marc & Jay, were the 2 Welsh guards, in full regalia & bearskin hats, who carried the cup onto the stage.

At the after party, the players were having selfies with Marc & Jay, not the other way around.

Great photo of Kev Mac with a bearskin on. We were there till daybreak, great memories.
    Fantastic and fully deserved.
    These lads at times have to put their lives on the line so that we can have the way of life we enjoy.

👍

You must have been very proud Tone - surprised your lad didn't do the Ayatollah though - was he under orders not too?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    You must have been very proud Tone - surprised your lad didn't do the Ayatollah though - was he under orders not too?
    Sure I saw a couple do it in the tunnel on their way off

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Sure I saw a couple do it in the tunnel on their way off

Yep, my lad was the one out in front leading the march, they must have been bleeding freezing standing on the centre circle for about 6 minutes. (my hand froze filming it and I must apologize to some people in the upper tier for getting in their way to their seats)

Ya Tim, most of them did the , as they went down the tunnel.

Marc was pleased that "OUR NEIL", said well done lads, to nearly everyone of them as they marched off.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Yep, my lad was the one out in front leading the march, they must have been bleeding freezing standing on the centre circle for about 6 minutes. (my hand froze filming it and I must apologize to some people in the upper tier for getting in their way to their seats)

Ya Tim, most of them did the , as they went down the tunnel.

Marc was pleased that "OUR NEIL", said well done lads, to nearly everyone of them as they marched off.
    Good man👍

If you upload your vid somewhere I’d be interested to have a link to watch it please
    If not no worries Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Good man��

If you upload your vid somewhere I’d be interested to have a link to watch it please
    If not no worries Cheers
    Wish I could, but unless Mrs Steve R talks me through it, I don't stand a chance

I can only just about write on here.

Great to see yesterday.

Daughter asked me who they were and why they were on the pitch.

I could answer the first part of her question, but didn't have a clue as to why they were there, at least I can now tell her it was random.

What a great experience for you Tony.

The Guards got a great welcome from the crowd too.

Good for our boys to know how much we respect them and what they do.

great stuff

wish society was a little more proud of your brave girls and boys who serve with the forces, I have said it in the past, you cannot fault the US in that aspect, if they can cheers on the armed forces, they will