+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 BRISTOL CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 BRISTOL CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    Wrong tactics today.
    Rather than stick to our natural game and have Bobby Reid up top threading ball through to him.
    We decided to change around and match Cardiff at their own game which I think is a mistake.
    What natural game is that then - the one that gives you one win in 12 games?

Wrong tactics today.
    Rather than stick to our natural game and have Bobby Reid up top threading ball through to him.
    We decided to change around and match Cardiff at their own game which I think is a mistake.
    We went for physical and basic football because that’s how Cardiff play.
    So a player like Paterson drops to the bench and we put Bobby Reid behind the front line despite being the best attacking threat all season.
    Stupid.
    Johnson would argue he almost got away with a point and proved right.
    I think it was an error. We should play our game and if Cardiff want to play their basic physical game then let them, we shouldn’t try to match it.

Johnson has a lot of credit left for me, but he got this one wrong.

Overall an awful game of football.
    Hopefully my next visit to Cardiff in March for Wales v France six nations will be more entertaining....
    Keep taking the tablets fella. It will all be better soon.

Wrong tactics today.
    So a player like Paterson drops to the bench and we put Bobby Reid behind the front line despite being the best attacking threat all season.
    Stupid.
    I think it was an error. We should play our game and if Cardiff want to play their basic physical game then let them, we shouldn’t try to match it.

Hopefully my next visit to Cardiff in March for Wales v France six nations will be more entertaining....
    Warnock got it spot on. Was prepared for your long ball game. 2nd in the long ball stats prior to this game.

Your a long ball outfit. Get a free kick 80 yards from goal , smash it to Flint - repeat.

Wrong tactics today.
    Stupid.

Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 20.38.34.jpg

Time to face up to the facts, you're the long ball merchants of the division
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    What natural game is that then - the one that gives you one win in 12 games?

On the plus side it was enjoyable singing Eng-a-land before and during the game.

On the plus side it was enjoyable singing Eng-a-land before and during the game.
    Just think though. We have that similar pleasure every week

Wrong tactics today.
    Stupid.

"Our game"

You're a bunch of long ball merchants, admit it. We don't pretend to play tiki taka football and neither should you

Couldn't hear you

Wrong tactics today.
    Stupid.

It's very regrettable that our physical way of playing made your lot commit the most fouls.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Wrong tactics today.
    Stupid.

Who will you be supporting? France, by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen a side play so many over the shoulder blind hoofs in all my years watching football and we were in the basement for much of them. How Wurzelona aren't top of the aimless long ball chart I'll never know.
    I think they are

Was that the only highlight?
    Awful fans, no noise whatsoever.

Yeah - that was pure class, chanting "Ingerlund" while the Welsh Guards were marching. You slave-trading tossers.