+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Lee Johnson

Re: The Lee Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Dembe likes this.

(We need some way on here of showing people a positive reaction to good posts)
    Thankyou! I actually like football to be played in a certain way, and at time, when watching City, i'm pulling my hair out, but i'm not dismissive towards the way we play. Warnock is shoving it up the arse of all of the cry baby fans and pundits who seem to think that there is only one way to play, and good for him, the amount of snobbery attached to football opinion these days is beyond belief. We've got Wolves fans forgetting the time they had Stephen Hunt and Karl Henry kicking **** out of anything that moved-or didn't, and are now on some kind of evangelical roll, as if the past never happened. They can all ****off. The issue is that other fans can't deal with the fact that they've been out fought, and their team doesn't possess the will or ability to give some back and do a job on us. They search for excuses, the sign of a weak mind. It's 11v11, we don't get any preferential treatment, we're just prepared to work harder and play in a way that knocks teams out of their stride-that's it, no science or witchcraft. Football is a bit like life, you deal what's in front of you, do your best to overcome the challenge, not hide behind lame excuses because you didn't fancy it or weren't up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Thankyou! I actually like football to be played in a certain way, and at time, when watching City, i'm pulling my hair out, but i'm not dismissive towards the way we play. Warnock is shoving it up the arse of all of the cry baby fans and pundits who seem to think that there is only one way to play, and good for him, the amount of snobbery attached to football opinion these days is beyond belief. We've got Wolves fans forgetting the time they had Stephen Hunt and Karl Henry kicking **** out of anything that moved-or didn't, and are now on some kind of evangelical roll, as if the past never happened. They can all ****off. The issue is that other fans can't deal with the fact that they've been out fought, and their team doesn't possess the will or ability to give some back and do a job on us. They search for excuses, the sign of a weak mind. It's 11v11, we don't get any preferential treatment, we're just prepared to work harder and play in a way that knocks teams out of their stride-that's it, no science or witchcraft. Football is a bit like life, you deal what's in front of you, do your best to overcome the challenge, not hide behind lame excuses because you didn't fancy it or weren't up to it.
    If there was a post of the week award, this would win it.

I was pulling my hair out at times yesterday as the game of heading tennis went on.
    Even apologised to my daughter because I swore (she didn't notice was happy watching Bamba do his thing)
    I've seen us pass it about a few times this season, it's not that we can't play that way like every other fan of every other team thinks, but we play the percentage game and it's getting us points.

Our lot left it all on the pitch yesterday.

Was happy to see Halford and in particular Feeney, have good games.

How that dwarf can ramble on beats me, feeney on his own ran at them numerous times it wasn't all hoof and head.

(We need some way on here of showing people a positive reaction to good posts)

Get it done please Mike.

I was pulling my hair out at times yesterday as the game of heading tennis went on.
    Even apologised to my daughter because I swore (she didn't notice was happy watching Bamba do his thing)
    I've seen us pass it about a few times this season, it's not that we can't play that way like every other fan of every other team thinks, but we play the percentage game and it's getting us points.

Our lot left it all on the pitch yesterday.

Was happy to see Halford and in particular Feeney, have good games.

How that dwarf can ramble on beats me, feeney on his own ran at them numerous times it wasn't all hoof and head.
    Completely agree, i'll say this now, sometimes it's awful, but how can I moan at a manager that is getting a tune out of the likes of Feeney, Halford etc, or bringing in a player that hasn't played for six months (Connolly) and there's no sulking from him, just commitment to the cause, no hiding, even when he knows that he's on his way out and unlikely to feature much this season. It shows me that Warnock has got them all on board, which is incredible. There's nothing positive from the media or other fans, when infact, what we are witnessing is a group of pretty average players working to a system, belief and togetherness that other clubs and supporters would die for, they're jealous.

Completely agree, i'll say this now, sometimes it's awful, but how can I moan at a manager that is getting a tune out of the likes of Feeney, Halford etc, or bringing in a player that hasn't played for six months (Connolly) and there's no sulking from him, just commitment to the cause, no hiding, even when he knows that he's on his way out and unlikely to feature much this season. It shows me that Warnock has got them all on board, which is incredible. There's nothing positive from the media or other fans, when infact, what we are witnessing is a group of pretty average players working to a system, belief and togetherness that other clubs and supporters would die for, they're jealous.
    If this was American Football they would make a Hollywood movie about it.. all jokes aside..yes completely agree with all of that.

Halford gets stick on social media, Feeney gets berated by our own on here and they both slot in and do a job.
    Connolly did a job even if on the odd occasion he looked a little awkward (struggling to put over what I mean here)
    He got carded early on though and STILL didn't stop attempting to win the ball.

Listened to Hoilett on ifollow and he can't say enough about Warnock and his man management.

If this was American Football they would make a Hollywood movie about it.. all jokes aside..yes completely agree with all of that.

Halford gets stick on social media, Feeney gets berated by our own on here and they both slot in and do a job.
    Connolly did a job even if on the odd occasion he looked a little awkward (struggling to put over what I mean here)
    He got carded early on though and STILL didn't stop attempting to win the ball.

Listened to Hoilett on ifollow and he can't say enough about Warnock and his man management.
    And with the rotation, nobody seems to sulk, they must feel valued, it's a credit to Warnock. The football is what it is, I've decided not to harp on about it too much now and concentrate on the other factors that are bringing us success, like togetherness and spirit. We're nailed for the play-offs, and people are starting to talk about us again-it may all end in tears (it usually does) but there's no denying that 'Cardiff are back'

And with the rotation, nobody seems to sulk, they must feel valued, it's a credit to Warnock. The football is what it is, I've decided not to harp on about it too much now and concentrate on the other factors that are bringing us success, like togetherness and spirit. We're nailed for the play-offs, and people are starting to talk about us again-it may all end in tears (it usually does) but there's no denying that 'Cardiff are back'
    Yep, just enjoy the ride!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    I’d be thrilled if someone could answer the points I made.
    You’re suggesting that it’s just me or those of us in Bristol stating about Cardiff’s style of play.
    I have shown just 2 recent examples where that’s not the case.
    We could look at what Man City and Pep Guardiola said about Cardiff if you like?

So again. Tell me how it’s just me making this reference about Warnock’s Cardiff?
    You lot are obsessed with what people think. Guardiola loved how we played but hates the Cardiff style. It's embarrassing like little Lee buying an expensive bottle of wine for mourinho and telling everyone about it.

**** guardiola I'm glad he didn't enjoy it here, too many have over the last few years.

I’d be thrilled if someone could answer the points I made.
    You’re suggesting that it’s just me or those of us in Bristol stating about Cardiff’s style of play.
    I have shown just 2 recent examples where that’s not the case.
    We could look at what Man City and Pep Guardiola said about Cardiff if you like?

So again. Tell me how it’s just me making this reference about Warnock’s Cardiff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    You lot are obsessed with what people think. Guardiola loved how we played but hates the Cardiff style. It's embarrassing like little Lee buying an expensive bottle of wine for mourinho and telling everyone about it.

**** guardiola I'm glad he didn't enjoy it here, too many have over the last few years.
    That bottle of wine statement by Li'l Lee was truly cringeworthy.
    The apple for teacher so he would say nice things about him in his school report.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    That bottle of wine statement by Li'l Lee was truly cringeworthy.
    The apple for teacher so he would say nice things about him in his school report.

You summed it up nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    I've read Johnson's analysis of the game. What a self serving prick. Taking no responsibility for their disastrous run. Blowing 3-0 and 2-0 leads.Making out they play such marvellous football.
    Its as if we forced them to play shite.
    I really enjoy beating such a bluffer.
    The man is a laughing stock. He thinks that by covering his arse he can cover people's eyes with the proverbial wool. He thinks denial of all wrong doing and massaging it like Peter Mandelson /Alistair Campbell in 2005, or Cameron / Osborne in 2010, is still effective in 2018. It used to be called "Public Relations" excercise techniques; painting black as white, or presenting a rotten whore as a puritanical virgin. In the age of data, open analysis and live videos on Youtube this behaviour is rapidly becoming so ineffective that it is borderline useless. You can hoodwink once or twice, but once the cracks in your foundation are visible you can longer present it as rock-solid.

The average Colin in the street can now read through this sort of thing. For such a young man his methods are increasingly out of date. Far better this days it to admit, acknowledge and illustrate how you are going to correct it, based on your guiding values. Contrition and honesty shows accountability and credibility. He will soon learn he needs to adapt quickly, or he will soon be competing with Bellamy for the gig at Oxford United.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    How can you moan about our style of play after watching the dirge you lot coughed up yesterday?
    Because that’s my point.
    I believe we got dragged down into playing the Cardiff way against Cardiff.
    Now why did we do that?
    Johnson said he didn’t send the team out to play that way, that’s part of his frustration last night. He said “if we don’t perform but we play the way I want the game played then it’s my fault but don’t go out there and play like they do, because that’s not what I want.”

Now I think it’s a bit of both.
    He set the team out to combat Cardiff. Playing 2 big men and dropping back Bobby Reid - arguably technically the best player on the pitch on his day - into a less effective role.
    Then dropping Paterson and Ryan Kent to the bench to accommodate more physical players.
    So while I take Lee at his word that he didn’t want them matching Cardiff’s kick and rush game, I don’t think he gave that message to the players picking the formation and team he did.

So yes I can comment on Cardiff’s style of play - this was their 3rd game in a row where the national media have referred to the game as dire and awful.
    Because I think we got dragged down to their level and I think it is our fault we did that.

Johnson still has my confidence though.

Because that’s my point.
    Now why did we do that?
    Johnson said he didn’t send the team out to play that way, that’s part of his frustration last night. He said “if we don’t perform but we play the way I want the game played then it’s my fault but don’t go out there and play like they do, because that’s not what I want.”

He set the team out to combat Cardiff. Playing 2 big men and dropping back Bobby Reid - arguably technically the best player on the pitch on his day - into a less effective role.
    Then dropping Paterson and Ryan Kent to the bench to accommodate more physical players.
    So while I take Lee at his word that he didn’t want them matching Cardiff’s kick and rush game, I don’t think he gave that message to the players picking the formation and team he did.

So yes I can comment on Cardiff’s style of play - this was their 3rd game in a row where the national media have referred to the game as dire and awful.
    Because I think we got dragged down to their level and I think it is our fault we did that.

Opta stats for long ball

Jokanovic comments after Fulham Bristol game

Fair play league.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Because that’s my point.
    Now why did we do that?

Win first

Debate the finer points afterwards at leisure

Move on to the next game

Sempur sursum

Pedro de la Rosa gave you a reasoned response.
    We know what we are about.
    The commentators you refer to have made remarks to our detriment. We can't do anything about that.

However, the statistics show something which goes against much of what has been said and written, not only about US, but about YOU.

Johnson has made people believe that he has created a team playing the kind of football that Barcelona would put their name to. The stats suggest otherwise.

The good showings you made against Man City (quite clearly not the norm if these stats are to be believed) seem to back Johnson's spin but at the end of the day, you lost both games.
    You played a different style to those two games against us, and again, you lost the game.

You and your fans are all being conned by your sycophantic manager and some of media rhetoric which has followed Warnock everywhere he has managed.

Just be honest and admit that he, and you, are nothing special.
    Whether you will or not, the statistics don't lie.....including the points difference between our teams, all thirteen of them.
    I - like thousands of others - watch the team every week. Not just when we are on TV.
    Do you think Johnson could tell me I am watching something I’m not?

Because that’s my point.
    Now why did we do that?

Johnson is hanging his players out to dry desperately trying to hold on to his job.
    His players, fans and the media (those worth their salt) will only put up with these excuses for so long.

Pathetic really as he has talked you up all season when in reality you were massively over-achieving.

The man is floundering and will reap what he sows.

I - like thousands of others - watch the team every week. Not just when we are on TV.
    https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/spor...after-14321866

And your very own local rag

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/...fulham-1247917

"Like a game of rugby"

Not the game Shorty claimed it was when he says he plays better against "other footballing sides"

He's taking you down next season.

Why do you always answer a question with a question?
    You have vented your spleen about us ignoring statistics to follow your own agenda.There have been some well thought out replies to you which have clearly diminished many of your statements about CCFC.You have been asked for replies on various points but studiously have avoided these issues.
    My conclusion from this is that your ability to debate in a balanced way is clearly beyond your intelligence level or that you are nothing other than a WUM with nothing better to do to amuse yourself.
    In answer to your question regarding Johnson I personally think the answer is yes bearing in mind the diatribe you write on here.

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/spor...after-14321866

And your very own local rag

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/...fulham-1247917

"Like a game of rugby"

Not the game Shorty claimed it was when he says he plays better against "other footballing sides"

He's taking you down next season.
    Well if those two articles don't shut the deluded imbecile up then nothing will

Well if those two articles don't shut the deluded imbecile up then nothing will
    He's conveniently avoided other points so I thought I'd embarrass the idiot.

Because that’s my point.
    Now why did we do that?

So, we made you play badly, thanks, that's a massive compliment. Threw you away from your normal fast flowing style and reduced you to puppets with the strings firmly fixed to Neil Warnocks hands, and you changed formation because you weren't confident enough to play your 'usual' game. Maybe a lack of self belief, fear, or both from your manager. Concentrate on your players and manager, they're the ones who let you down yesterday, I like compliments, but lets be honest, we didn't make you do anything that you didn't want to do, you just weren't up to it. Be a man and admit it, there's no shame in saying that the best man won, which is what happened at your place earlier in the season.

Because that’s my point.
    Now why did we do that?

How did you get dragged down to our level when you started 4 centre backs, dropped your best attacker into midfield and played two lumps up top. If anything, you dragged it down to new depths. We've not been referred to as a rugby side, would you like to comment on that? Or the fact you've played more long balls than anyone else. Even the Bristol Post has admitted as such. Lee Johnson talks a good game but he's actually a liar who's trying to cover his own backside as they got soundly beaten. You tried to kick and punch your way to victory, and you failed.

We know we're ugly at times. Unfortunately for you the stats suggest you are as well. We have also won all 3 of those games 1-0, which suggests we're pretty good at battling and scrapping it out which bodes well for the rest of the season.

At the end of the day, Jurrset, points count in the latter third of the season. We've been picking them up, you haven't. Also, re your Johnson comment, you were on strike about this time last season .

He's conveniently avoided other points so I thought I'd embarrass the idiot.
    I’m not interested in personal insults.
    Some replies on here have been decent, others have been of the level of the poorly educated.
    Insults don’t interest me.
    Ask me to debate a point on football or the teams and I’ll be happy to do so.