+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Lee Johnson

Re: The Lee Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Pineapple head got away with a load of niggly fouls and like Blobby Reid moaned through the game as did most of them
    He got away with way too much imo

On this I’m not being a WUM.
    It’s an opinion I hold. Agree with it or not, but it’s certainly supported by some areas.

It’s not just me saying it and it’s not just us.
    I’ll pick your last 2 games then to show I’m not deliberately picking out games.
    Ipswich away - the Sky commentator stated at half time it was “one of the worst games he’d ever seen and a lot would be hoping the half time whistle was the full one”

Middlesbrough at home - the very start of the BBC report. “You can imagine before it starts a match between two sides managed by Neil Warnock and Tony Pulis wouldn’t be one for the purist and it didn’t disappoint”

Now that’s not me. That’s not Bristol City related. So tell me how it’s not an unfair comment on your team by me and how they play?
    Is it a case of “it’s not us, it’s everybody else”?

Johnson referred to it last night.
    He said the team knew how Cardiff play, they knew what they were about. They play a certain way and we either match it or we play how we like to.
    Now I personally think he got it wrong. We got dragged into playing like they do. That’s a mistake.
    Dropping Bobby Reid behind Diedhiou and Diony was an error. Putting Flint up top for the kicks was an error.

The tactics to battle Cardiff’s “agricultural” style were just wrong.

Now that’s a different argument - but to say it’s just me pointing it out and just me or even people from Bristol saying how you play is also incredibly wide of the mark.

I don’t know why you get so mad about it. It’s out there to see.

You say you are not picking out a game, then pick out a game in Ipswich that the world knows was dreadful (and we won with a makeshift team)

Then the BBC report makes an ASSUMPTION.

We didn't play bad in that game.

Boro were well beat.

Any comment on what Jokanovic said after the Fulham Bristol game?
    Any reply to the numerous people pointing out you are long ball merchants, that you ALWAYS seem to manage to avoid replying to.
    You going to reply to the comments on the fair play league?

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    Johnson made a mistake yesterday.
    Instead of playing our game and concentrating on our style we opted to try to combat Cardiff’s basic, anti-football by matching it.
    That’s not what we should have done.

In short, we ended up dragged down to their level.
    I’ve lost count now of the amount of times I’ve heard or read from Cardiff match reports how the football was awful.
    Ipswich was apparently just the same?

Mistake to let us get dragged into playing the same and Johnson realizes that I think.
    We should have approached it differently.
    You should also have playing with 10 men after 2 minutes ya dirty Kent’s

Johnson made a mistake yesterday.
    Instead of playing our game and concentrating on our style we opted to try to combat Cardiff’s basic, anti-football by matching it.
    That’s not what we should have done.

In short, we ended up dragged down to their level.
    I’ve lost count now of the amount of times I’ve heard or read from Cardiff match reports how the football was awful.
    Ipswich was apparently just the same?

Mistake to let us get dragged into playing the same and Johnson realizes that I think.
    We should have approached it differently.

I actually agree with your first paragraph,more fool your manager.The table doesn't lie fella,the rookie you have in-charge has cost you points.If your going to be condescending and pompous at least try and do it from a position of strength.From what I've seen so far this season even if we don't go up via the auto's I can't see us playing you as there are better teams contesting 6th place which to be honest is all you have a squeak of.Even your apprentice manager concedes that.

It’s an opinion I hold. Agree with it or not, but it’s certainly supported by some areas.

I’ll pick your last 2 games then to show I’m not deliberately picking out games.
    Ipswich away - the Sky commentator stated at half time it was “one of the worst games he’d ever seen and a lot would be hoping the half time whistle was the full one”

Middlesbrough at home - the very start of the BBC report. “You can imagine before it starts a match between two sides managed by Neil Warnock and Tony Pulis wouldn’t be one for the purist and it didn’t disappoint”

Now that’s not me. That’s not Bristol City related. So tell me how it’s not an unfair comment on your team by me and how they play?

He said the team knew how Cardiff play, they knew what they were about. They play a certain way and we either match it or we play how we like to.
    Now I personally think he got it wrong. We got dragged into playing like they do. That’s a mistake.
    Dropping Bobby Reid behind Diedhiou and Diony was an error. Putting Flint up top for the kicks was an error.

Now that’s a different argument - but to say it’s just me pointing it out and just me or even people from Bristol saying how you play is also incredibly wide of the mark.

You didn't get dragged into anything. You played 4 centre backs and 2 target men. You went into this with both eyes wide open. You play the most long balls in the league and we clearly acknowledge we don't play the best football, but you seem to think you do. You tried to kick us off the pitch, it didn't work.

One thing that is undeniable, we're a much better side that you are. The 13 point gap proves it.

ANSWER THE FAIR PLAY TABLE QUESTION

You should also have playing with 10 men after 2 minutes ya dirty Kent’s
    Sit in the family stand. If we had played longer he was going off.

One thing that I can't get on with is refs just think If "oh it's early I don't want to lose control I'll give a yellow"

I honestly thought he was going.

In himdsight I'm happier we beat 11 msn, they got lucky and scraped past 10 of us.

ANSWER THE FAIR PLAY TABLE QUESTION
    Jursset doesn't do facts. We know this as a fact, he'll just go on and on and on spouting the same old tripe.

He would gain a molecule of respect of he could debate all angles, instead of repeating the same shit.

Are all the grapes in Bristol sour.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Any comment on what Jokanovic said after the Fulham Bristol game?
    Any reply to the numerous people pointing out you are long ball merchants, that you ALWAYS seem to manage to avoid replying to.
    You going to reply to the comments on the fair play league?
    He won't reply because there is no defence for the points you have raised.Nasty little man-he and his dwarf manager make a pigeon pair.Fought in the Israeli Army-as if!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Are all the grapes in Bristol sour.
    Thanks for the rational reasoned response to the points I raised.
    Hopefully someone else can reply.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    He would gain a molecule of respect of he could debate all angles, instead of repeating the same shit.
    I’d be thrilled if someone could answer the points I made.
    You’re suggesting that it’s just me or those of us in Bristol stating about Cardiff’s style of play.
    I have shown just 2 recent examples where that’s not the case.
    We could look at what Man City and Pep Guardiola said about Cardiff if you like?

So again. Tell me how it’s just me making this reference about Warnock’s Cardiff?

2, only 2, we’ve played 34 games and we are where we are on merit. You meanwhile are a sad carrot crunching clown who doesn’t know when he’s beaten. Now bore off there’s a good little boy.

I’d be thrilled if someone could answer the points I made.
    You’re suggesting that it’s just me or those of us in Bristol stating about Cardiff’s style of play.
    I have shown just 2 recent examples where that’s not the case.
    We could look at what Man City and Pep Guardiola said about Cardiff if you like?

So again. Tell me how it’s just me making this reference about Warnock’s Cardiff?
    Interesting that you reply to this post and not my other one where I mention comments by Jokanovic (I listened to little Lee's presser just now and he still insists you play better against teams like Fulham..is Jokanovic lying then or is Lee deluded?)

Fair play league

Opta long ball stats.

.... come on then....let's have a reply.

It's a football forum, I like debating football, I will reply to you properly if you have respect for yourself and actually try doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    2, only 2, we’ve played 34 games and we are where we are on merit. You meanwhile are a sad carrot crunching clown who doesn’t know when he’s beaten. Now bore off there’s a good little boy.
    Wonderfully articulate. Something tells me you aren’t an Oxbridge man.
    Anyway the point - which seems to have passed you by - is that to not be accused of picking out specific games to make a point I’ll select your last 2.
    Are there just two?
    Man City? What did people say about Cardiff and Warnock after that?
    Forest? Their comments?
    Barnsley? How about Heckingbottom’s view that something needs to be done about the underhand tactics of Cardiff?
    Wolves? How did their fans and manager react to the game at Molineux?

I pointed out Ipswich and Boro because they were the two games preceding the one we played.
    So if (according to some on here) the reason the game was so dire is because of us - why is it the third game in a row the national media has referred to an awful, dire game not one that has entertainment quality?

It’s not us it’s everyone else right?
    When are you going to be at least honest with yourselves and admit it’s you and there is a reason so many people nationally don’t like Cardiff?
    Because I think really you know it’s not just me.

Anyway the point - which seems to have passed you by - is that to not be accused of picking out specific games to make a point I’ll select your last 2.
    Are there just two?
    Forest? Their comments?
    Barnsley? How about Heckingbottom’s view that something needs to be done about the underhand tactics of Cardiff?

I pointed out Ipswich and Boro because they were the two games preceding the one we played.
    So if (according to some on here) the reason the game was so dire is because of us - why is it the third game in a row the national media has referred to an awful, dire game not one that has entertainment quality?

When are you going to be at least honest with yourselves and admit it’s you and there is a reason so many people nationally don’t like Cardiff?
    How can you moan about our style of play after watching the dirge you lot coughed up yesterday?

You keep obsessing over how we play, while you look up at us from 13 points below.

Fair play

Opta long ball stats.

Jokanovic.

Let's deal with it as we see it. We aren't a great footballing side, we do play percentages, and put the ball into positions where mistakes are more likely to be made, is it pretty-not really, will there be a positive legacy to the way we play-I doubt it-Does it yield results-Absolutely. In fairness, we have a very good defence, and a couple of decent footballers in Zohore and Hoilett, so it's not all disruption football. Now, over to you and the countless other purists, whether they be pundits or fans. Your teams can't deal with it, you don't have the ability or character (apart from Fulham)to match us and earn the right to beat us, that's your clubs problem. The way people talk, you'd have thought we were assaulting teams into submission, acting in an underhand way, like we possess some kind of special formula, well, we sort of do-Neil Warnock-And he's been doing it for over thirty years at this level, and it works. Football fans seem to have a sense of entitlement these days, students of the game who lap up the reams of bullshit printed and put out on the net, didn't happen 15 years ago, we just got on with it.

All that has happened is that we play in a way which is incredibly committed and to the point, you and most of the rest can't match it, because you lack character and belief, and your players are a bit intimidated. It's down to your manager, staff and players to counter it, we're doing nothing wrong. Take a look at the Character and belief of your own players, magical against the superstars-looking good on TV, but bottle merchants when it comes down to business.

Pedro de la Rosa gave you a reasoned response.
    We know what we are about.
    The commentators you refer to have made remarks to our detriment. We can't do anything about that.

However, the statistics show something which goes against much of what has been said and written, not only about US, but about YOU.

Johnson has made people believe that he has created a team playing the kind of football that Barcelona would put their name to. The stats suggest otherwise.

The good showings you made against Man City (quite clearly not the norm if these stats are to be believed) seem to back Johnson's spin but at the end of the day, you lost both games.
    You played a different style to those two games against us, and again, you lost the game.

You and your fans are all being conned by your sycophantic manager and some of media rhetoric which has followed Warnock everywhere he has managed.

Just be honest and admit that he, and you, are nothing special.
    Whether you will or not, the statistics don't lie.....including the points difference between our teams, all thirteen of them.

"articulate"

From the guy who spelt his username wrong when he signed up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Let's deal with it as we see it. We aren't a great footballing side, we do play percentages, and put the ball into positions where mistakes are more likely to be made, is it pretty-not really, will there be a positive legacy to the way we play-I doubt it-Does it yield results-Absolutely. In fairness, we have a very good defence, and a couple of decent footballers in Zohore and Hoilett, so it's not all disruption football. Now, over to you and the countless other purists, whether they be pundits or fans. Your teams can't deal with it, you don't have the ability or character (apart from Fulham)to match us and earn the right to beat us, that's your clubs problem. The way people talk, you'd have thought we were assaulting teams into submission, acting in an underhand way, like we possess some kind of special formula, well, we sort of do-Neil Warnock-And he's been doing it for over thirty years at this level, and it works. Football fans seem to have a sense of entitlement these days, students of the game who lap up the reams of bullshit printed and put out on the net, didn't happen 15 years ago, we just got on with it.

All that has happened is that we play in a way which is incredibly committed and to the point, you and most of the rest can't match it, because you lack character and belief, and your players are a bit intimidated. It's down to your manager, staff and players to counter it, we're doing nothing wrong. Take a look at the Character and belief of your own players, magical against the superstars-looking good on TV, but bottle merchants when it comes down to business.
    Dembe likes this.

(We need some way on here of showing people a positive reaction to good posts)

Are there just two?
    Forest? Their comments?

I'll admit it. We're 5hit at football. But we're in 2nd place on 67 points, so clearly being 5hit at football is the best way to win games. I agree Bristol City are the 2nd best team after Wolves who are a lot better than Barcelona. I can't understand how a team as good as Bristol City can be so good yet end up 13 points behind such a 5hit football team.

Lets compare the last 6 games -
    Cardiff beat Leeds, Bolton, Boro, Ipswich and Bristol City whilst drawing against Millwall Total 16 points. (+8 GD)
    Bristol beat QPR, drew with Sunderland, Leeds and Fulham and lost against Bolton and Cardiff. Total 6 points. (0 GD)
    Just add to the mix Wolves - They've beaten Sheff Utd, QPR and Ipswich, drawn with Norwich and PNE and lost to Fulham. Total 11 points (0 GD)

It would appear your brilliant football is holding you back. At least you can hold your heads high that everyone in the world knows you're being hard done by and you're the next best thing since Bristol Rovers.

There we are, you can run off home now, safe in the knowledge that you truly are the best team in the division but still can't win games.