+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Lee Johnson

Re: The Lee Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Johnson is hanging his players out to dry desperately trying to hold on to his job.
    His players, fans and the media (those worth their salt) will only put up with these excuses for so long.

Pathetic really as he has talked you up all season when in reality you were massively over-achieving.

The man is floundering and will reap what he sows.
    His job isn’t remotely under threat.
    He wasn’t sacked when we were in the bottom 3 losing 10 games in a row last season.
    If you think Lansdown is going to sack him partway through the project when we sit 6th and have run to the SF of the league cup defeating 4 Premier League sides in the process?

I haven’t heard a single person calling for Johnson’s removal this season. Nor should they.

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    I’m not interested in personal insults.
    Some replies on here have been decent, others have been of the level of the poorly educated.
    Insults don’t interest me.
    Ask me to debate a point on football or the teams and I’ll be happy to do so.
    But you won't and you don't-you simply avoid with weak nonsense like the quoted reply. Man up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    How did you get dragged down to our level when you started 4 centre backs, dropped your best attacker into midfield and played two lumps up top. If anything, you dragged it down to new depths. We've not been referred to as a rugby side, would you like to comment on that? Or the fact you've played more long balls than anyone else. Even the Bristol Post has admitted as such. Lee Johnson talks a good game but he's actually a liar who's trying to cover his own backside as they got soundly beaten. You tried to kick and punch your way to victory, and you failed.

We know we're ugly at times. Unfortunately for you the stats suggest you are as well. We have also won all 3 of those games 1-0, which suggests we're pretty good at battling and scrapping it out which bodes well for the rest of the season.

At the end of the day, Jurrset, points count in the latter third of the season. We've been picking them up, you haven't. Also, re your Johnson comment, you were on strike about this time last season .
    If you read my prior point I agree we made errors in selection and formation.
    I would have played Reid up top partnered by Diedhiou.
    Diony wouldn’t have started.
    I would have played Ryan Kent on the wing with Paterson behind the front 2.
    That didn’t happen because we tried to out muscle a side that play cynical base level football every week.
    It was a stupid thing to do.
    We almost got a point but I’d hold the same view if we did.

His job isn’t remotely under threat.
    He wasn’t sacked when we were in the bottom 3 losing 10 games in a row last season.
    If you think Lansdown is going to sack him partway through the project when we sit 6th and have run to the SF of the league cup defeating 4 Premier League sides in the process?

I haven’t heard a single person calling for Johnson’s removal this season. Nor should they.
    Hello Jurrset. I've made some valid points about you playing the most long balls in the division (which is a fact), the fact Jokanovic called you a rugby team, as well as the fact you made the game on Saturday a foul-fiesta, as well as your initial kick off was a hoof straight down field. You played 4 centre halves (the left back was especially dreadful by the way) and two lumps (who couldn't trap a bag of cement). Please discuss.

I’m not interested in personal insults.
    Some replies on here have been decent, others have been of the level of the poorly educated.
    Insults don’t interest me.
    Ask me to debate a point on football or the teams and I’ll be happy to do so.
    Again you quote one post and ignore one with points raised in...

Clearly can't debate, WUM.

So again...

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/spor...after-14321866

And your very own local rag

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/...fulham-1247917

"Like a game of rugby"

Not the game Shorty claimed it was when he says he plays better against "other footballing sides"

He's taking you down next season

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Again you quote one post and ignore one with points raised in...

Clearly can't debate, WUM.

So again...

QUOTE=dembethewarrior;4847802]https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/spor...after-14321866

And your very own local rag

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/...fulham-1247917

"Like a game of rugby"

Not the game Shorty claimed it was when he says he plays better against "other footballing sides"

He's taking you down next season.

[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Johnson is hanging his players out to dry desperately trying to hold on to his job.
    His players, fans and the media (those worth their salt) will only put up with these excuses for so long.

Pathetic really as he has talked you up all season when in reality you were massively over-achieving.

The man is floundering and will reap what he sows.
    Absolutely spot on dear friend and I wholeheartedly agree. I suspect we are now into a ticking time bomb situation, given that we are approaching the business end of the season. Slowly, he is being backed into a corner. Both points and time are running out and he is under pressure to retain that top six position with teams nipping away at his heels. What does he now do? His next move will show his ability, either his inferiority or superiority, as a coach.

In this situation Johnson has only two options on how to respond. There is no third way. Option one is straight out of a managerial masterclass toolbox, and will work if he is genuinely a good coach. But if you're not a good coach then even option one will fail anyway. I will not say what that option is on here. If he is any decent coach he will know what it is.

Option two is to start throwing muck at your own players in order to preserve your image. You lose one player's support. Then you lose player two's support. Then three. If the team's performances improves he may get away with it. Given my estimation as to who he is and where he is as a coach, I suspect his team performances will not improve that much. Those players now start talking to each other. Either over each other's houses, or by text. Discontent slowly brews away from his clear sight, and he will not carry the team. That is when, unless he is backed with a lot of cash to replace those failing players, or he has a massive quality squad (he has neither) so that he can drop them at little cost of performance, his team and club begin to suffer.

It looks like Johnson is choosing option two. Good luck with that, LJ. Tick tock, tick tock.....

He will take them down next season if they don't sack him by October.

Hello Jurrset. I've made some valid points about you playing the most long balls in the division (which is a fact), the fact Jokanovic called you a rugby team, as well as the fact you made the game on Saturday a foul-fiesta, as well as your initial kick off was a hoof straight down field. You played 4 centre halves (the left back was especially dreadful by the way) and two lumps (who couldn't trap a bag of cement). Please discuss.
    He's not going to reply, is he? Jursset deliberately ignores posts that he can't argue against. Spineless.

He's not going to reply, is he? Jursset deliberately ignores posts that he can't argue against. Spineless.
    Every time he does this.He talks about intelligence but that is to massage his own ego.He has an inflated sense of his own ability and knowledge and absolutely no integrity.

He does live across the road from someone with a big house though.

Why anyone would bother debating with Jursset is beyond me. Not only is he biased as possible he’s also one of the genuinely thickest people we’ve had on here.

Ignores posts and blocks you on twitter if you point out the facts.

13 points, mind the gap you ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Why anyone would bother debating with Jursset is beyond me. Not only is he biased as possible he’s also one of the genuinely thickest people we’ve had on here.
    Because I want to.

If you read my prior point I agree we made errors in selection and formation.
    I would have played Reid up top partnered by Diedhiou.
    Diony wouldn’t have started.
    I would have played Ryan Kent on the wing with Paterson behind the front 2.
    That didn’t happen because we tried to out muscle a side that play cynical base level football every week.
    It was a stupid thing to do.
    We almost got a point but I’d hold the same view if we did.
    Diedhiou has the worst touch of any footballer I've ever seen - and that's something coming from a fan who's seen the likes of Andy Kerr, Jeff Chandler, Paul McLoughlin, Jermaine Darlington etc...

He is feckin garbage.

Best 'footballer' by streets on that pitch was a Cardiff one - Junior Hoillet

They've won 1 in 13. Whatever their style of play is, I don't want it.

They were crap on Sunday. We all saw it with our own eyes and post after squirming post of 'yeh but, no but' by Jursset won't change that.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Because I want to.
    Like playing chess against a Labrador, a waste of everyone’s time.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Ignores posts and blocks you on twitter if you point out the facts.

13 points, mind the gap you ****.
    I don’t block people.

On this I’m not being a WUM.
    It’s an opinion I hold. Agree with it or not, but it’s certainly supported by some areas.

It’s not just me saying it and it’s not just us.
    I’ll pick your last 2 games then to show I’m not deliberately picking out games.
    Ipswich away - the Sky commentator stated at half time it was “one of the worst games he’d ever seen and a lot would be hoping the half time whistle was the full one”

Middlesbrough at home - the very start of the BBC report. “You can imagine before it starts a match between two sides managed by Neil Warnock and Tony Pulis wouldn’t be one for the purist and it didn’t disappoint”

Now that’s not me. That’s not Bristol City related. So tell me how it’s not an unfair comment on your team by me and how they play?
    Is it a case of “it’s not us, it’s everybody else”?

Johnson referred to it last night.
    He said the team knew how Cardiff play, they knew what they were about. They play a certain way and we either match it or we play how we like to.
    Now I personally think he got it wrong. We got dragged into playing like they do. That’s a mistake.
    Dropping Bobby Reid behind Diedhiou and Diony was an error. Putting Flint up top for the kicks was an error.

The tactics to battle Cardiff’s “agricultural” style were just wrong.

Now that’s a different argument - but to say it’s just me pointing it out and just me or even people from Bristol saying how you play is also incredibly wide of the mark.

I don’t know why you get so mad about it. It’s out there to see.
    Most of us would not claim that we are playing great football. We were at the start and reaped the benefits. Since then it’s been harder but the points still come.
    But for you to suggest that we dragged you down is ridiculous. Your results speak for themselves as does your point tally. If you have been playing great football it hasn’t produced the results, has it.
    And if you are that good why didn’t you play your game on Sunday.

I already conceded the point we set up exactly how I didn’t want up front?
    Who are the 4 centre backs?

Bailey Wright has played right back all season because of the injury to Pisano.
    Magnusson played at LB. He plays there for Iceland. He was there instead of Bryan who we pushed on.
    So it wasn’t any different to other games.
    That wasn’t related to Cardiff.

The formation issue I had was up front and the dropping of the more finesse players such as Paterson and Kent - with Bobby dropping back.
    I think Johnson was spooked by Warnock’s style of play.

Magnusson played at LB. He plays there for Iceland. He was there instead of Bryan who we pushed on.

The formation issue I had was up front and the dropping of the more finesse players such as Paterson and Kent - with Bobby dropping back.
    I think Johnson was SPOOKED by Warnock’s style of play.

So "OUR NEIL", won the game, before a ball was kicked.

Spreads GREAT CONFIDENCE does your little dwarf, doesn't he.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    And if you are that good why didn’t you play your game on Sunday.
    I think that’s the point I’m making. We should have and we didn’t.
    Johnson said he’s frustrated because the players didn’t go out and play the style he wants.
    I’ll take him at his word on that but I also made the point the way he set the team up didn’t help the message we should play our natural game when you have Kent and Paterson on the bench and Reid dropped back.

That’s exactly the point. We didn’t play the way we should and tried to out-Cardiff Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Like playing chess against a Labrador, a waste of everyone’s time.
    Not a waste of my time, would have been bored stiff off work had it not been for him.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    So "OUR NEIL", won the game, before a ball was kicked.

Spreads GREAT CONFIDENCE does your little dwarf, doesn't he.
    Our Neil.
    The bloke is an absolute c*** of the highest order and you know it.

I think Johnson was spooked by Warnock’s style of play.
    ....and a response to the long ball stats please dear?