+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Lee Johnson

Re: The Lee Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    I think that’s the point I’m making. We should have and we didn’t.
    Johnson said he’s frustrated because the players didn’t go out and play the style he wants.
    I’ll take him at his word on that but I also made the point the way he set the team up didn’t help the message we should play our NATURAL GAME when you have Kent and Paterson on the bench and Reid dropped back.

That’s exactly the point. We didn’t play the way we should and tried to out-Cardiff Cardiff.
    What's that, one win in 12, or is it 13 now

Natural game Now I know you are deluded

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    So "OUR NEIL", won the game, before a ball was kicked.

Spreads GREAT CONFIDENCE does your little dwarf, doesn't he.
    Basically.

Listened to him on ifollow

"Cardiff Cardiff Cardiff the right way cardiff cardiff cardiff DNA cardiff"

Was the gist of it.

It's easier to point at Cardiff rather than talk about his, and his team's shortcomings.

He knows idiots like the one that posts here will lap it up as gospel.

I don’t block people.
    You bloody liar, you blocked me months ago

Our Neil.
    The bloke is an absolute c*** of the highest order and you know it.
    Wonderful use of your Ingurlish language

[QUOTE=Jursset_BrisCity;4847890
    Im an absolute c*** of the highest order and you know it.[/QUOTE]

FYP

I’m not interested in personal insults.

Insults don’t interest me.
    Someone posted your twitter feed up here once. Doesn't really back up what you say to be honest.

We play long at times, tend not to keep the ball in our half but then play more in the oppositions final third. I'll admit our style of play is not pretty at times.

Now every time I've seen you lot. You tend to play lots of unnecessary passes along the back 4 (good for possession stats, but not much else) and then tend to lump it long the closer you get to goal. Lots of long throws etc relying on the big centre half's you play.

Yesterday was awful to watch, but you were kicking it long every time and you didn't have a shot on goal that I remember. From about ten minutes in it was clear you had no interest in trying to score and were hoping for a smash and grab like Ireland did v Wales.

In this division you have

Fulham and at times Wolves, and Brentford who play a fast passing game.

A few others who play a laboured passing game.. Forest for example Norwich are sort of in between, as are Villa, Barnsley and the Sheffield clubs

Then a lot who have a mix.
    Like Derby who work very very hard and mix it up and Leeds who play some nice stuff and some rubbish.

Then loads like Bristol, Preston, Birmingham, Bolton, Ipswich QPR ( at times) ourselves , Boro, Millwall who play a direct physical game

Not sure on Sunderland, Hull and Burton..

It's good. Different styles make the game interesting.

Just makes me laugh how the Worzels delude themselves that they are different.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Let's deal with it as we see it. We aren't a great footballing side, we do play percentages, and put the ball into positions where mistakes are more likely to be made, is it pretty-not really, will there be a positive legacy to the way we play-I doubt it-Does it yield results-Absolutely. In fairness, we have a very good defence, and a couple of decent footballers in Zohore and Hoilett, so it's not all disruption football. Now, over to you and the countless other purists, whether they be pundits or fans. Your teams can't deal with it, you don't have the ability or character (apart from Fulham)to match us and earn the right to beat us, that's your clubs problem. The way people talk, you'd have thought we were assaulting teams into submission, acting in an underhand way, like we possess some kind of special formula, well, we sort of do-Neil Warnock-And he's been doing it for over thirty years at this level, and it works. Football fans seem to have a sense of entitlement these days, students of the game who lap up the reams of bullshit printed and put out on the net, didn't happen 15 years ago, we just got on with it.

All that has happened is that we play in a way which is incredibly committed and to the point, you and most of the rest can't match it, because you lack character and belief, and your players are a bit intimidated. It's down to your manager, staff and players to counter it, we're doing nothing wrong. Take a look at the Character and belief of your own players, magical against the superstars-looking good on TV, but bottle merchants when it comes down to business.
    Excellent post Tuerto and sums it up. To be honest when the other teams try to play football then we also can play some good stuff and mostly end up winning , except against Fulham. We put 7 past Leeds, 3 against Villa and beat Wolves on their own patch, all with excellent footballing performances. Yes, there have been some dire games but you cannot fault the effort and commitment of our squad and we must have 3 or 4 of the best defenders in this league and that is still an art in football.

I think a lot of it is lazy journalism with preconceived idea of Warnock's team. At yesterday's' game at half time I read on my phone the BBC comment that we had dragged Bristol City into a long ball game. Yet anyone witnessing the first
    Half and their line up could see that's exactly how they intended to play ( and had also done so against Fulham) and they were dragging us down too ( and I think we were perfectly okay with that!). Bristol City seem to get media praise solely based on their performances against Man City ( which they both lost) because they were high profile and the national press probably haven't seen hardly any of their championship games .

Another typical example is the headline on the match report in today's Daily Mail - Warnock revels in winning ugly.

You see the headline and go , oh yes Cardiff up to it again. The article doesn't refer to the reporters view of the Bristol city performance, just quotes Lee Johnson again saying we dragged them down to their level.

They had the Fulham manager on Talksport lunchtime today and asked him about the automatic promotion race and the threat of Villa and Derby, incredibly we didn't get mentioned again. Which no doubt suits Neil Warnock and his team and motivates them even more.

What perplexed me about his "dragging us down" comments was that both Fulham and Brentford have in 3 games managed to pass the ball against us,
    and pass it well.

Why couldn't Bristol just do the same if it's how they play?

I don’t block people.
    More lies

Mind the gap Charles

I think that’s the point I’m making. We should have and we didn’t.
    Johnson said he’s frustrated because the players didn’t go out and play the style he wants.
    I’ll take him at his word on that but I also made the point the way he set the team up didn’t help the message we should play our natural game when you have Kent and Paterson on the bench and Reid dropped back.

That’s exactly the point. We didn’t play the way we should and tried to out-Cardiff Cardiff.
    The delusion

Playing football the “right” way, 1 win in 12

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Let's deal with it as we see it. We aren't a great footballing side, we do play percentages, and put the ball into positions where mistakes are more likely to be made, is it pretty-not really, will there be a positive legacy to the way we play-I doubt it-Does it yield results-Absolutely. In fairness, we have a very good defence, and a couple of decent footballers in Zohore and Hoilett, so it's not all disruption football. Now, over to you and the countless other purists, whether they be pundits or fans. Your teams can't deal with it, you don't have the ability or character (apart from Fulham)to match us and earn the right to beat us, that's your clubs problem. The way people talk, you'd have thought we were assaulting teams into submission, acting in an underhand way, like we possess some kind of special formula, well, we sort of do-Neil Warnock-And he's been doing it for over thirty years at this level, and it works. Football fans seem to have a sense of entitlement these days, students of the game who lap up the reams of bullshit printed and put out on the net, didn't happen 15 years ago, we just got on with it.

All that has happened is that we play in a way which is incredibly committed and to the point, you and most of the rest can't match it, because you lack character and belief, and your players are a bit intimidated. It's down to your manager, staff and players to counter it, we're doing nothing wrong. Take a look at the Character and belief of your own players, magical against the superstars-looking good on TV, but bottle merchants when it comes down to business.
    Incisive post. Blunt and straight to the point. That is precisely how it is.

Our Neil.
    "Wonderfully articulate. Something tells me you aren’t an Oxbridge man."

Our Neil.
    "I’m not interested in personal insults."

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    "Wonderfully articulate. Something tells me you aren’t an Oxbridge man."
    He doesn't have time for personal insults you know

I already conceded the point we set up exactly how I didn’t want up front?
    Who are the 4 centre backs?

Bailey Wright has played right back all season because of the injury to Pisano.
    Magnusson played at LB. He plays there for Iceland. He was there instead of Bryan who we pushed on.
    So it wasn’t any different to other games.
    That wasn’t related to Cardiff.

The formation issue I had was up front and the dropping of the more finesse players such as Paterson and Kent - with Bobby dropping back.
    I think Johnson was spooked by Warnock’s style of play.
    I'm saying you're a load of cloggers regardless. Playing 4 centre backs doesn't help. You say Bryan can't defend, so presumably he's not a left back. Why do you make so many direct passes? We'll call them direct so we don't have to worry about calling you a long ball team like our Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    More lies

Mind the gap Charles
    Nope. I have 0 accounts blocked as of today.

To go with the 0 points you got yesterday.

Mostly because you unblocked them. Awkward.

https://twitter.com/CharlieHicks90/s...60673398296578

ch90.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    To go with the 0 points you got yesterday.
    Plus the NIL POINTS they got on SUNDAY

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Plus the NIL POINTS they got on SUNDAY
    Hmmmmmmm.....

I’ve had a bit of a jursset here.

Never mind eh, the most important thing is that we beat them. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post

ch90.JPG

What a carrot crunching retard that man is.

ch90.JPG
    A better gesture of goodwill to the world would be if you crawled back under your stone and stayed there.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    A better gesture of goodwill to the world would be if you crawled back under your stone and stayed there.

ch90.JPG
    God, he's a moron.