+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bristol City - one of the worst sides to visit us this season?

Bristol City - one of the worst sides to visit us this season?

For all I've read about them being this great footballing side that allegedly impressed the nation in running Man City so close, I couldn't help but think they atrocious and one of the least footballing sides I've seen this season. They made us look like a short, crisp passing side where even Greg Halford looked like Franz Beckenbauer. Up front they had nothing. They tried to stop us playing some sort of football. Not sure if Johnson was trying to out-Warnock Warnock, but they were second best. They are quite a cute side (not as in cuddly) and sought to influence the ref throughout, but I wondered if they had a dirty element to their game (on the sly) and I think they have.

Anyway, that's 1 win in 13 for them. They're trying to emulate last season's collapse, obviously.

Re: Bristol City - one of the worst sides to visit us this season?

Absolutely.
    Sunderland and Bolton are the worst but they aren’t very far behind.

We had our skipper out plus number of other injuries today, I was fearing the worst before kick off. I needn't have worried, Bristol were absolute shyte. As poor as we played, they were worse. Normally I'm a bag of nerves sitting on a 1-0 but not today. They wouldn't have scored if they'd played til next week. My god, that gimp who posts on here is deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    For all I've read about them being this great footballing side that allegedly impressed the nation in running Man City so close, I couldn't help but think they atrocious and one of the least footballing sides I've seen this season. They made us look like a short, crisp passing side where even Greg Halford looked like Franz Beckenbauer. Up front they had nothing. They tried to stop us playing some sort of football. Not sure if Johnson was trying to out-Warnock Warnock, but they were second best. They are quite a cute side (not as in cuddly) and sought to influence the ref throughout, but I wondered if they had a dirty element to their game (on the sly) and I think they have.

Anyway, that's 1 win in 13 for them. They're trying to emulate last season's collapse, obviously.

Probably the worst team down CCS this season in my opinion...They seem to think they are a footballing team but the reality is they are just a bunch of gloggers.

We wern't that great either, considering how poor they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

You may be right but the consequence of that is that we struggled to beat them.
    Tbh. We weren’t good.

I was thinking that earlier. Sunderland were woeful and Bolton didn't offer much, but Bristol City are one of the worst I've seen. They had a couple of shots which were blocked and that was it. I was expecting to see the team that was spoken so highly about on The Championship a while ago, but it must have been someone else! We were not very good today either, but all they could do was knock it long....where was the pretty football I;d heard about?

But apparently , according to their forum, Warnock with us is a short term measure, all our players are old etc etc..... whilst they have football in their "DNA" and are on a 'long term project'.......probably explains why they are now 13 points behind us.

Hmm, yes, Lee Johnson is a "young", "inexperienced" manager isn't he?

Yet the hyped Gary Rowett has a whooping 29 games more as a manager ( think it's 294 against 265 ).

A no mark who would be nothing in football but for his daddy; has less class than him is that's possible.

EDIT: Post match interview, lickle Lee threw his own players under the bus, claiming he didn't tell them to play that way. Ok, so pre match he said he'd be setting his side up for a physical battle but hey ho. Playing 4 CBs across the back, donkeys up front and moving Reid into midfield meant he was trying to keep their free flowing football going.

He's an odious little gonk utterly unable to accept blame yet happy to take praise.

To think those muppets believe he's better than Warnock!

Didn't look like "a footballing team" to me.

The worst 2 sides in my opinion were Aston Villa and Bolton. Bristol City weren't great either but they were set up to combat us instead of playing their own game and found themselves being outwarnocked by Warnock.

I agree with this. We played poor imo yet we still stomped them.

A also think Derby have lost whatever it was keeping them up in the running. lately they look like a mid table outfit at best

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The worst 2 sides in my opinion were Aston Villa and Bolton. Bristol City weren't great either but they were set up to combat us instead of playing their own game and found themselves being outwarnocked by Warnock.
    Sunderland were worse than all 3 of them mind.

Bang for buck the worst. Least Sunderland and Bolton know they are shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Bang for buck the worst. Least Sunderland and Bolton know they are shit.
    True

They were dogshite , really piss poor.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Hmm, yes, Lee Johnson is a "young", "inexperienced" manager isn't he?

Yet the hyped Gary Rowett has a whooping 29 games more as a manager ( think it's 294 against 265 ).

A no mark who would be nothing in football but for his daddy; has less class than him is that's possible.

EDIT: Post match interview, lickle Lee threw his own players under the bus, claiming he didn't tell them to play that way. Ok, so pre match he said he'd be setting his side up for a physical battle but hey ho. Playing 4 CBs across the back, donkeys up front and moving Reid into midfield meant he was trying to keep their free flowing football going.

He's an odious little gonk utterly unable to accept blame yet happy to take praise.

To think those muppets believe he's better than Warnock!
    I think he has a dwarf man syndrome