+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Master Warnock shows the apprentice how to win ugly

Master Warnock shows the apprentice how to win ugly

Manager reaction from CCS

More...

"It was always going to be a close game and we're delighted to get the win, said Neil Warnock. "We said at half-time, it'll be a sloppy goal but make sure we don't make a mistake. We didn’t want a mistake that would cost us the game.

“I’m obviously happy to come out with the three points. I thought we played well and we had the best opportunities.”

C:WindowsTempphpF382.tmp

Lee Johnson, who's side were laying into City players from the start, had the cheek to say we were physical.

"It was a game we expected to be scruffy and scrappy. I'm disappointed with the way we conceded the goal but I'm pleased with the way we stood up to the physicality of Cardiff.

But it was a horrible game in all fairness. I got in for free and I would still want my money back but we expected that."

Warnock though can keep ploughing ahead and defying the odds as Cardiff prove they are a viable promotion contender.

"We're looking at the play-offs and everything else is a bonus. Three clean sheets in a week - that's not bad. “It was great to come out with another clean sheet. We’ve met our target of 16 clean sheets for the season now. It’s a great achievement.

“We made changes as well. There was no Morrison, Gunnarsson or Zohore in the starting line-up. Wow. 12 months ago I'd have been crying if that had been the case.

"It shows how far we’ve come as a squad.”

Re: Master Warnock shows the apprentice how to win ugly

Master and Apprentice

That Lee Johnson really is in complete denial.

The Emperor's new clothes