+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's just sinking in......promotion is a real possibility

It's just sinking in......promotion is a real possibility

And I am not sure what to think.
    Rebrand aside, our last venture, apart from a couple of good wins, was hardly enjoyable, knowing that for many of the games we had no chance.
    As has been said many times on here the Championship is so competitive even if the football isn't up to much at times.
    I think what I am saying is that I am not sure i want promotion, or is it just nerves kicking in?

Re: It's just sinking in......promotion is a real possibility

I was just saying to my wife that it's beginning to look like we might get promoted but our football is no where near good enough for the premiership. It could be just as bad an experience as last time.

I think we just need to enjoy the ride and dont look too far ahead

My hope is if we do go up, Warnock retires as a legend, and we bring in a new manager and style.

Or if Warnock stays, I do not want us to spend big, go down battling and use the money to rebuild a bright new squad sort our finances out and go up in the future with strong foundations a la West brom, Burnley ect

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I think we just need to enjoy the ride and dont look too far ahead
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    No one can argue that WArnock does not deserve a shot at a season in the premier league. After where he had to where we are now, no one else deserves it more than him and his team.

I think he would want a go at it and perhaps the type of football we play will be suited to a dog fight.
    If Bournemouth, Huddersfield,Stoke,Burnley etc can make a go of it - so can we
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Agreed
    I thought Huddersfield might surprise a few in the Prem.
    Burnley arent exactly a great footballing team, hard working and organised.
    If they can make a fist of it so can we.

If we beat Brentford, do well in the next two home games, it will set us up nicely for the tricky run of fixtures that follow, but at least we will have our points buffer in place.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    My hope is if we do go up, Warnock retires as a legend, and we bring in a new manager and style.

Or if Warnock stays, I do not want us to spend big, go down battling and use the money to rebuild a bright new squad sort our finances out and go up in the future with strong foundations a la West brom, Burnley ect
    IF we do go up then the bottom para is what I think we should do. Spend 20 mil. Try and stay up, if we don't then hopefully a lot of the debt will be gone, tan can finally fck off and we will be in a solid position moving forward, especially if we stayed up.

I don't think there's much between the bottom 8 in the prem and top 6 champ anyway

Burnley is a good role model for us , a disciplined hard working team on a low budget, hard to beat and strong at home. That would also give us a chance to clear our debt and then try to build the club up from there.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    IF we do go up then the bottom para is what I think we should do. Spend 20 mil. Try and stay up, if we don't then hopefully a lot of the debt will be gone, tan can finally fck off and we will be in a solid position moving forward, especially if we stayed up.

I don't think there's much between the bottom 8 in the prem and top 6 champ anyway
    Most of what you say is fine but every silver lining has a cloud attached in some peoples world. Tan brought Warnock in and has bankrolled the club and our attempt at promotion this season without any interferance. He didn't have to - after all the abuse he received he could have walked away years ago. Why the unnesscessary jibe at him ?.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    And I am not sure what to think.
    Rebrand aside, our last venture, apart from a couple of good wins, was hardly enjoyable, knowing that for many of the games we had no chance.
    As has been said many times on here the Championship is so competitive even if the football isn't up to much at times.
    I think what I am saying is that I am not sure i want promotion, or is it just nerves kicking in?
    Let's just give it a go. Go up, don't piss loads of money up the wall, try and get some youth and experience in and then assess in January. Oh and get someone who can pass.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    IF we do go up then the bottom para is what I think we should do. Spend 20 mil. Try and stay up, if we don't then hopefully a lot of the debt will be gone, tan can finally fck off and we will be in a solid position moving forward, especially if we stayed up....
    Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Most of what you say is fine but every silver lining has a cloud attached in some peoples world. Tan brought Warnock in and has bankrolled the club and our attempt at promotion this season without any interferance. He didn't have to - after all the abuse he received he could have walked away years ago. Why the unnesscessary jibe at him ?.
    ^^this
    Money does need to be spent if we go up and the way people still harp on about the guy he would be well be within his rights and say "ah feck you all, i'm spending nowt, trousering the 100 mil and taking my ringgit elsewhere".

We are back in blue and far more stable than other teams who have gone up, spent and failed.
    VT made mistakes and has atoned for them.
    Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Cut the man some slack ffs

^^this
    Money does need to be spent if we go up and the way people still harp on about the guy he would be well be within his rights and say "ah feck you all, i'm spending nowt, trousering the 100 mil and taking my ringgit elsewhere".

We are back in blue and far more stable than other teams who have gone up, spent and failed.

Agreed, too many on here don’t appreciate what they’ve got. Made 1 mistake and people go on about it as if it was the crime of all crimes.

I think Tan has been excellent in the last 18 months and as long as he doesn't start thinking he's Pep or Tony Hart then I think he'll be ok.

Personally I'd love to go up. It's good for the club and good for the region. I won't look forward to the kick off times but this season has hardly produced a 3pm kick off so no change.

I won't look forward to the cheating Refs but nonetheless I want to see Cardiff City play at the highest possible level they can.

Look at the PL table. If Burnley can be 7th, there's no reason we can't finish there in a few years. We'll need luck but I'd like to see us try to make a fist of it.

We love the chase and secretly we love the Championship.
    I hated the PL when we were there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    We love the chase and secretly we love the Championship.
    I hated the PL when we were there.
    We love the chase but none of us loved falling at the final hurdle with Dave Jones either. As fans we won't be so naive going there next time. Our expectations won't be so high so hopefully we can just enjoy the experience with no off the pitch sideshow overshadowing everything.

This is exactly my thoughts. It will be of massive benefit finically for us to go up, not just next yea but also for forthcoming years with parachute payments etc.

I hope we use the money to develop more local youth, and restoration that connection between fans and club.

If you take the top moneybags 6 out of the Premiership there is nothing between the rest and the top half of the Championship clubs.Burnley and Leicester are 7th and 8th and they were in the Championship a couple of years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    If you take the top moneybags 6 out of the Premiership there is nothing between the rest and the top half of the Championship clubs.Burnley and Leicester are 7th and 8th and they were in the Championship a couple of years ago?
    Leicester won the fecking thing

IF we go up - and I'm sure none of us are taking anything for granted, then whatever happens in the PL we get parachute payments for a few extra years. Not to be sniffed at (even by Sludge).

Agree with this, and also the post by that Scottish fella macadder.

^^this

I've tried saying this to my old man. I just can't get around to the way some people think on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    We love the chase but none of us loved falling at the final hurdle with Dave Jones either. As fans we won't be so naive going there next time. Our expectations won't be so high so hopefully we can just enjoy the experience with no off the pitch sideshow overshadowing everything.
    I'd take a year of being rubbish over falling at the last again. God, that really hurt, time and time again. At least when you're crap, there's no hope. You can just accept it and prepare yourself for relegation. Also, I really want to see us play in the PL in blue. Just a chance to do it properly this time.