+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The AntiChrist (Cardiff City) 1 The forces of good and decency (Bristol City) 0 – is there no justice?

The AntiChrist (Cardiff City) 1 The forces of good and decency (Bristol City) 0 – is there no justice?

Re: The AntiChrist (Cardiff City) 1 The forces of good and decency (Bristol City) 0 – is there no justice?

Time to move on from the 'typical Warnock team' observations maybe...

Re: The AntiChrist (Cardiff City) 1 The forces of good and decency (Bristol City) 0 – is there no justice?

Quote Originally Posted by Coch View Post
    Time to move on from the 'typical Warnock team' observations maybe...
    Impossible to do so when it's becoming the backdrop to so many of the matches we play.

Great headline Paul

I'll sit down with a cuppa and read the article in full later on today, when I have more time. No doubt it will be up to your usual high standards

Fantastic report. Thanks Paul.

Teams are beaten before we play them. You can hear the excuses days before, long may it continue.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Teams are beaten before we play them. You can hear the excuses days before, long may it continue.
    Look at the team he put out, Johnson was spooked. He played 4 centre backs and two lumps up top, and then put Flint up to win headers for goal kicks. They tried to beat us at our own game, which is just silly.

The funniest part is how they are trying to push the idea that we dragged them down to our level.

Their forum currently is delusion from top to bottom, with a handful of people saying it as it is. They are just not very good.

Possibly the most atrocious footballing side I have seen in years live.

Burton look like brazil in comparison

Hard to argue with any of that Bob. I must admit I was really surprised by Bristol's approach having watched them against Citeh and United earlier on in the season.

This is where Johnson will be tested. Yesterday he whined constantly to the 4th official and he looked like someone Who Is just blagging it ala Russell Slade to me.

Flint is Johnson's whinge bag on the pitch too. All game protesting!

It will be interesting to see what Johnson has got in his locker now as the season reaches its climax. They look to me like we did in Malky's first season where we reached the cup final but we're completely shot after that and limped out of the play offs against West Ham.

As for us I'll admit it knocked the stuffing out of me when I saw the team sheet but my brain also reserved some space where it was saying that Warnock has obviously seen something he wants to counter by picking that starting line up.

His experience along with Blackwell and Bryson is gonna be key to the run in and you've gotta admire his self belief to start with that team yesterday, as well as his managerial ability to come away with 3 points.

Things are looking good for us. We have shown that any player, including the much maligned Feeney and Halford can step in when the time is right and perform, then you have Gunnarsson "back on the grass", Zohore with 2 in 2, Kadeem Harris coming back, Morrison back next week, Jazz can't be far away, Hoilett looking as fresh as he did in August and a fan base who are starting to believe.
    If we win next week then I can see big crowds for the run in and people will want to get involved.
    We're bound to sell more season tickets for next year as this is the first season where fans can "gamble" like the Dave Jones days where we had cup final tickets and potential promotions to chase.

Next week is another huge game and Brentford along with Norwich away I see as our two "tricky" fixtures on paper, if we do win then we have two home games when Villa and Wolves play each other. Personally I want Wolves to win 6-0

Good read Bob though I find the more we talk about and justify that it's nonsense in some aspects, the worse it gets.
    They are all throwing out the line and we are are all biting.

Yes the headline was a good one. Let's be careful not to 'immortalise' it though, even if it is ironic.... mud sticks.

I think there's a big difference in sides being 'dragged down to our level' - which is what some are suggesting - and clubs finding it difficult to play their 'normal' game against us. This City squad gets in opposition players' faces, and rarely can an opponent settle on the ball without a City player putting in a challenge. I wrote earlier this season that City have perfected the 'non-foul challenge', leaving a little bit on the player without giving away a free kick.
    Against Bristol it was a battle from the start and they stood up to it for a good while. But around 60 minutes I noticed we were starting to win all the 50/50's, and Bristol looked distinctly worn down by it all. Right to the end Ralls and Patterson were jumping into challenges they weren't going to win, but meant a pass went astray or to a City player instead.

It's not classic football, but it is football, a battle, a contest, and much more preferable to the sterile computer-like Carabou cup final that a watched later....

Thanks TOBW great read as usual .

Bristol were awful we were just better , not a great watch in the awful cold .

It's difficult to still think we're second .

The headline has me joyfully singing the lyric s ::

"" I am an anti christ, I an an anarchist ""

That was a great read. Thanks TOBW.