+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The ref on Sunday

The ref on Sunday

All things considered, I reckon he handled a volatile game pretty well - except for the Paterson handoff (of which perhaps we had a better view in the Ninian than he did on the pitch). He blew up 38 times - and mostly kept his cards in his pocket - to the benefit of both teams. We've seen refs at the CCS this season who would have sent off half the two teams. Mr Tierney seemed relaxed and unintimidated.

One of his assistants running the line was recognisable as a regular Premiership linesman - hasn't he also officiated at European Cup matches (?) - who even had time to smile at some of the comments aimed in his direction. So the Football League might be congratulated on their appointments at this fiery fixture.

On the other hand, maybe you think we only get 's**t referees'.

Re: The ref on Sunday

There is a lot of them about.

Quote Originally Posted by Coch View Post
    All things considered, I reckon he handled a volatile game pretty well - except for the Paterson handoff (of which perhaps we had a better view in the Ninian than he did on the pitch). He blew up 38 times - and mostly kept his cards in his pocket - to the benefit of both teams. We've seen refs at the CCS this season who would have sent off half the two teams. Mr Tierney seemed relaxed and unintimidated.

One of his assistants running the line was recognisable as a regular Premiership linesman - hasn't he also officiated at European Cup matches (?) - who even had time to smile at some of the comments aimed in his direction. So the Football League might be congratulated on their appointments at this fiery fixture.

On the other hand, maybe you think we only get 's**t referees'.
    I understand what you’re trying to say but I’d say only 50% of those fouls were warranting of a free kick.

For me it killed what was an already poor derby atmosphere and made for a proper stop start game

I thought he was pretty fair.

He was shit for both sides.

I thought he got a bit "whistle happy" and this interrupted the game quite badly, didn't produce any real howlers though which was a change from some of the exceptionally poor officials we seem to have had this season to date.

Completely the opposite of last weeks brilliant ref against Boro