+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Confirmed. Warnock signs new two year contract

Confirmed. Warnock signs new two year contract

Cardiff City FC is delighted to announce that Neil Warnock has signed a two-year extension to his contract with the Bluebirds.

The new deal will see him remain at Cardiff City Stadium until the end of the 2019/20 campaign.

Assistant Manager Kevin Blackwell and First Team Coach Ronnie Jepson have also extended their stays with the Club.

Re: Confirmed. Warnock signs new two year contract

Give him ten!

Great news and great timing

It appears the players will run through walls for him - hopefully this will galvanise them into keeping it going for the final push.

Or he wins manager of the month and we don't win again until April!

Not sure he is the man for the job if we do get promoted. But he deserves it for sure, really enjoyed this season tbh (yes I complain a lot..but that's who I am)

Ideally he'd get us promoted..get sacked so he gets his 2 years pay and we got some1 more proven in.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Great news and great timing

It appears the players will run through walls for him
    They won’t sign contracts though

Both Hoilett and Gunnarsson gone soon

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Hoilett will stay if we get to the Prem.
    Gunnar will be off to Turkey if he has a good world cup.

Great news!

They both, understandably, want another crack at the Prem. If we go up, Hoilett will stay. I'm not sure if Gunnar will.

Hoilett only had a six month contract last season but stayed. He will be here as long as Warnock is in my opinion. Your record on predicting events as far as City is concerned is rather poor. If we get up both will stay anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Hoilett will be here as long as Warnock is in my opinion. If we get up both will stay anyway.
    Any thoughts on Warnock's new contract being the WORST announcement in the recent history of the club in view of his abysmal record of failure in the Premiership?

Best city manager in my time watching the club

Didn’t Warnock say he doesn’t believe in contracts? Tan must have given him a good package to stay,a rolling one year would have been better for the club in case he has to be sacked next Christmas depending how we are doing? The good thing is that Warnock and Tan seem to have mutual respect for each other and Warnock knows who pays his wages unlike Malky?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Hoilett only had a six month contract last season but stayed. He will be here as long as Warnock is in my opinion. Your record on predicting events as far as City is concerned is rather poor. If we get up both will stay anyway.
    Your predictions tend to be better to be fair.

If you believe transfer market only Wolves 18.29m,Sheffield Weds15m,Reading 12m and Brum 12m have overall spent more than us 10.02m on Players.Leeds and Bristol City have also spent 10m. Villa only spent £2.8m and sold players for 17.83m,Derby spent 12.27m but sold 21.28m and Fulham spent 21.8m but sold players for 18.7m. Our income was only 2.65m for Saadi and Huw’s. Tan has certainly supported Warnock this season just as he supported Malky with 10m to get us promoted to Premiership last time?