+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lee Camp having a tough time at Sunderland...

Lee Camp having a tough time at Sunderland...

He was supposed to solve the Black Cats' goalkeeping problems but fans there aren't happy with his form....read this:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/02/26...mps-poor-form/

Re: Lee Camp having a tough time at Sunderland...

You don’t bring in a goalkeeper half way though a season when you’ve had no chance to get to know the defenders in front of you. I suppose Sunderland had no choice

My Sunderland supporting mates say it took some doing to be worse than their first two keepers but he has managed it comfortably. Sounds like we've dodged a bullet after there was talk he'd be our number 1 originally. I've seen most of the goals they've conceded recently and he doesn't cover himself in glory at all.

Out all season then just thrown in with a defence he's got no experience playing with.

Look how long it's taken our players to trust Etheridge.

Football fans at their most retarded here.

Sunderland woes were there long before Camp arrived

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    You don’t bring in a goalkeeper half way though a season when you’ve had no chance to get to know the defenders in front of you. I suppose Sunderland had no choice
    The fundamental flaw in your post is the assumption Sunderland have any defenders at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    My Sunderland supporting mates say it took some doing to be worse than their first two keepers but he has managed it comfortably. Sounds like we've dodged a bullet after there was talk he'd be our number 1 originally. I've seen most of the goals they've conceded recently and he doesn't cover himself in glory at all.
    We had fans slagging off the purchase of David Marshall when Norwich relegated having conceded 70+ goals that season.

You could put a hybrid of Peter Schmeichel, Lev Yashin and Gordon Banks in goal for Sunderland and it would have no effect.

Camp is a steady enough keeper but I'm fairly convinced Etheridge has played more than well enough to be our number one on merit.

How long is his contract with us ?

Jobs for the boys signing