+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Players to keep if we go up

Re: Players to keep if we go up

Most of the sued under contract will stay as we will ned strength in depth as we have now. All the loan players will go back to their respective clubs. Halford is out of contract, as is Gunnarsson, Gounongbe, Wilson and Murphy. I wouldn't be surprised if Murphy was offered a new deal to be back up ahead of Camp.

I'd expect Warnock to unload Bogle, Tomlin, Pilkington, and Camp. And maybe some of the younger players like Healey and Mark Harris. Maybe even Kadeem Harris. Players like O'Keefe, Kennedy and Meite would leave too.

A lot of our current squad would become fringe players, but I think Etheridge, Bennett, Bamba, Morrison, Manga, Ralls, Zohore, Hoilett to be 1st choices. Warnock would need to improve the quality outside of these with another striker, a winger, about 3 midfielders and a right back. Maybe a more experienced 'keeper too?

The others like, Connolly, Peltier, Richards, Damour, Patterson, Madine, Danny Ward and Mendez-Laing would be back up.

So 6 or 7 new signings if we get up. And probably a few if we don't go up to replace some of those above in the squad. i reckon we could compete with teams in the bottom 10 in the PL with the team we have now, we'd struggle but would compete.

I don't think Joe Ralls is good enough for the premier league

He tries hard and looks quite good in the championship but he isnt good enough on the ball. He's young though

As others have said, we were tearing into Wolves for their over confidence not long ago. Now we see threads like this!!!!!!.

John Terrys aston villa, they are the favourites for me to get a auto spot.

Quote Originally Posted by BuyingManCityTickets View Post
    I don't think Joe Ralls is good enough for the premier league

He tries hard and looks quite good in the championship but he isnt good enough on the ball. He's young though

As others have said, we were tearing into Wolves for their over confidence not long ago. Now we see threads like this!!!!!!.

John Terrys aston villa, they are the favourites for me to get a auto spot.
    Ralls is good enough to make the step up to the Premier League. He's one of the main reasons we're even contemplating promotion

Most will be kept. I don’t think you can chop and change that much.