+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SNOW WATCH

Re: SNOW WATCH

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'm in the middle of Siberia and it's snowing like hell. Unbelievably I just bumbed into TBG on one of his weekly excursions.
    TBG is currently between excursions. Went to Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam last month and I'm off to New York next month. After Krakow in June I am thinking about visiting in September the only independent states in Europe that I haven't been to yet i.e. Moldova, Belarus and Ukraine.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    been sent home because of the forecast . thanks boss

never been sent home before !

i wonder if this storm reaches the pinnacle of the 1982 snow storm ? remember digging the way out of my house and snow drifts of around 6 foot on greenway road in rumney.! now that was a proper snow storm ! no fancy names to call it then just a snow storm .lol
    Spent a week in the dusty forge pub, happy days!. Nothing moved in Ely, couldn't get to work, we all stayed home and sat in the pub.

They interviewed an elderly man on BBC news at lunchtime about his meals on wheels delivery and were asking him how important it was for him to get it. They were doing this whilst the dinner was on the table in front of him and it went on for 2/3 minutes. You could see him looking longingly at his fast going cold lunch and getting more pissed off by the second and his answers got shorter and shorter but they still persisted talking to him.Eventually the presenter said 'we had better leave you to your lunch whilst it is still warm' but I think that horse had already bolted. Why do they do this. Why is it news worthy at all ?.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    They interviewed an elderly man on BBC news at lunchtime about his meals on wheels delivery and were asking him how important it was for him to get it. They were doing this whilst the dinner was on the table in front of him and it went on for 2/3 minutes. You could see him looking longingly at his fast going cold lunch and getting more pissed off by the second and his answers got shorter and shorter but they still persisted talking to him.Eventually the presenter said 'we had better leave you to your lunch whilst it is still warm' but I think that horse had already bolted. Why do they do this. Why is it news worthy at all ?.
    and the bastards left his front door open.

I've just heard on the BBC national news that a woman in Gainsborough has fallen on a snowy surface. My God, if some piece can go arse over tip in Lincolnshire then all of Blighty's in peril.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I've just heard on the BBC national news that a woman in Gainsborough has fallen on a snowy surface. My God, if some piece can go arse over tip in Lincolnshire then all of Blighty's in peril.
    And I bet that she was no oil painting.

One of the questions was something like "what does it mean to have Frank turn up and bring you your meal" - pause- "how important is it to have someone to talk to" - reply, "yes". "what would happen if Frank didn't turn up" reply "I'd have no-one to talk to.."

[QUOTE=the other bob wilson;4848764]https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/...ate=2018-03-01[/QUOT

lost all credibility with the general public - crying wolf and acting like drama queens. Nobody [well, almost] believes they're hype anymore

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    been sent home because of the forecast . thanks boss

never been sent home before !

i wonder if this storm reaches the pinnacle of the 1982 snow storm ? remember digging the way out of my house and snow drifts of around 6 foot on greenway road in rumney.! now that was a proper snow storm ! no fancy names to call it then just a snow storm .lol
    Pah!
    I was living in Garnlydan , just above Ebbw Vale, next to Llangynidr moors, through the 1963 winter.
    We had a snow drift up the side of the house that went over onto the roof.
    We tunnelled through it after it froze so that we could use the side gate.
    We also had to dig a trench in the lying snow inside our garden fence to stop the mountain ponies from walking up to our doors looking for food. We had "ice ferns" on the inside of our windows, it was so cold.

(cue someone posting a link to Monty Python's 4 Yorkshiremen sketch)

You are a berk. That man was my father-in-law. And it was ITV - not like you to get the basics totally skewed.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Pah!
    I was living in Garnlydan , just above Ebbw Vale, next to Llangynidr moors, through the 1963 winter.
    We also had to dig a trench in the lying snow inside our garden fence to stop the mountain ponies from walking up to our doors looking for food. We had "ice ferns" on the inside of our windows, it was so cold.

I won't link the Python sketch but the winter of 1962-1963 was almost tropical compared to that of 1947. People were made of stronger stuff due to global conflict and post-war austerity. Back then men were real men and most women looked like men. Scotsmen throughout Scotland but mostly in Glasgow refused to wriggle into underpants and continued to stoically wear their kilts and sunglasses in what were subarctic temperatures. Granted, they were pissed out of their heads and many froze to death but before they conked-out none complained about wee 30 foot snowfalls as you shamelessly have.

Pah!

Went through Garnlydan and up over the moors to Crickhowell heading for Brecon in a lorry earlier. To say I was clenched was an understatement. I came back on the 470 past Storey Arms which wasn't much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Coch View Post
    You are a berk. That man was my father-in-law. And it was ITV - not like you to get the basics totally skewed.
    er,no. It was the BBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Coch View Post
    1). It was on BBC
    2). The man on it was at least 80, lived on his own and didnt have any family.
    3). What difference to the story would it make whatever channel it was on anyway.

Not like you to make yourself look stupid by making an idiotic reply to someone else's post is it ?. Dont let the facts get in the way of you having a go at someone for no reason.

Only one berk on this board at the moment - look in the mirror.

As Barry said the roads are quiet. And in places it's like a ghost town out there.

Went to Talbot Green an hour or so ago, M&S shut, Argos shut McDonalds shut

Seems many people are indoors already battening down the hatches.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    As Barry said the roads are quiet. And in places it's like a ghost town out there.

Went to Talbot Green an hour or so ago, M&S shut, Argos shut McDonalds shut

Seems many people are indoors already battening down the hatches.
    ..and meanwhile the folk at the Met Office are p*****g themselves laughing..

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Just come back from the Three Arches Quiz and there is no snow at all. A bit parky though.
    I used to work at sea with a bloke from Three Arches Avenue, name was Simon Arch and he used to frequent the Three Arches. Was a bit of a quiz addict too, especially sport. You may have known him Enoch. Heard he passed away last Summer. Was quite a character was Archie. R.I.P Archie.
    Spedger

Blog Entries

1). It was on BBC
    3). What difference to the story would it make whatever channel it was on anyway.

Not like you to make yourself look stupid by making an idiotic reply to someone else's post is it ?. Dont let the facts get in the way of you having a go at someone for no reason.

If you are talking about the lovely old chap called Ralph (Coch's father in law) it was on ITV the night before.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    If you are talking about the lovely old chap called Ralph (Coch's father in law) it was on ITV the night before.
    No, sorry - it was on BBC at lunchtime today, as confirmed by Quiet Monkfish above. Coch was just trying to be clever and it backfired on him. Not quite sure how he would think that I would know who his father in law was anyway.

So, rather than "the beast from the East", you are hoping for
    "the non-event from the continent".
    I call it a snoax. Happens often.

No, sorry - it was on BBC at lunchtime today, as confirmed by Quiet Monkfish above. Coch was just trying to be clever and it backfired on him. Not quite sure how he would think that I would know who his father in law was anyway.
    His father in law was that bloke on S4C, duh!

Too young to remember the 1947 snow but 62-63 I well remember, helping my Dad to shift loads of snow from inside the attic from our house in Mount! The wind had blown it in between the slates (no roofing felt). If we hadn't checked, it would have melted and made a heck of a mess. What added to the misery was that it was filthy as the snow was mixed with the coal dust that had been building up there for many years I guess. It had to be brought down bucket by bucket through a tiny trapdoor and tipped out of the bedroom window - what joy!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    TBG is currently between excursions. Went to Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam last month and I'm off to New York next month. After Krakow in June I am thinking about visiting in September the only independent states in Europe that I haven't been to yet i.e. Moldova, Belarus and Ukraine.
    Lottery win?

1). It was on BBC

I'm sorry for my comments about you on this occasion

Blog Entries

Do you think there is a chance they showed the same clip on the BBC?