+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: SNOW WATCH

Re: SNOW WATCH

Weather forecast for tomorrow and onwards appears to have changed somewhat in last couple of hours. They are now saying more snow showers later today but then getting above freezing from Saturday afternoon on with rain showers Saturday night, Sunday and Monday and temperatures back up to around 8 degrees by Monday afternoon. Hopefully our game on Tuesday will be ok if this is accurate.

Are you even insured to drive in these conditions? Luckily the my place of work was closed yesterday until Monday but we are expected to do some work from home which I'm struggling with

Had to abandon my car this morning and becase of the route I tried to take was further away from my house than when I started. Took me 45 minutes to reverse my car out of the drift I drove into and then another 45 to walk to work.

Only a third of the office have made it in. So not only have I had to make the bad news phone calls to my own clients, but to several others as well.

Will most definitely be stopping in the shop for 8 cans on the way home tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Will most definitely be stopping in the shop for 8 cans on the way home tonight.
    I Wouldn't leave it until tonight if I were you, my local shop was closed yesterday tea time!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I Wouldn't leave it until tonight if I were you, my local shop was closed yesterday tea time!
    What kind of convenience is that?

Lazy feckers. Mine was open till 9pm like it should be, and was open this morning too..not that I've walked in a foot of snow to see with my own eyes.

Had to abandon my car this morning and becase of the route I tried to take was further away from my house than when I started. Took me 45 minutes to reverse my car out of the drift I drove into and then another 45 to walk to work.

Only a third of the office have made it in. So not only have I had to make the bad news phone calls to my own clients, but to several others as well.

I want to feel sorry for you but I'm not

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Wannabe hero brought it all on himself

Are you even insured to drive in these conditions? Luckily the my place of work was closed yesterday until Monday but we are expected to do some work from home which I'm struggling with
    Yes, that rumour yesterday was a load of nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Wannabe hero brought it all on himself
    It'll get worse when he gets back to the car and someone has driven / slide into it

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    How did you do it? I’m working from home today bur get so easily distracted (like right now ��)
    My working day pattern has always been to start well and then tail off, I used to start as early as I was allowed (seven o clock) and found I could get an awful lot done before the phone would start ringing - invariably, I was here by myself, so, if anything, I had less distractions than I would have done if I had been in work.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    It'll get worse when he gets back to the car and someone has driven / slide into it
    We're cars abandoned all down the hill of a main road here a few years back, none parked up just left sideways and all sorts.

Maybe Hartley has parked up tidy...won't stop idiots sliding into it mind

Never seen Snow drifts like this in Cardiff mind. I don’t live out in the sticks and parallel to a busy main road but Theres no way I will be able to drive untill it melts.

Getting heavy again, here in Llanishen.

Smashing down in Pontypridd.

Somehow managed to drive home from Radyr to Beddau this morning but had to park about a ten minute walk from my house (no complaints). The drive took about 25-30 mins with 10-15 cars on the road in total. Main roads not awful but still bad. Streets - you can forget it. I recommend not to jump in the car at all unless you have a 4x4, which I don’t.

It is still snowing like mad, 2 foot outside my door.

Also witnessed a crash last night around 6:15 just as it was starting to get a bit heavy. Some guy accelerated down a hill towards a junction and only decided to break about 3 metres before it. ****ing idiot went straight into a car that was driving about 20mph on the main road. Amazingly, the guy who was going way too fast kept saying to the other guy “it’s your fault”

Some plonkers about eh?

Nick was right about you....

Nick was right about you....

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Smashing down in Pontypridd.
    Good

Asking for trouble driving in this, be careful on your way home

Lived in this house (in the Forest of Dean) since '92. It's never been 1/2 this deep before, just measured it at 26", it's up to the top of the car bonnet. Yet the patio at the back of the house is clear!

which reminds me had a wander around rumney today to get some food

newport road shops - no milk or bread , wentloog road shops - no milk or bread , new road shops - no milk or bread

so with 1 crust of bread left and a quarter pint of milk what am i supposed to live on in the morning ?

a bit of snow and the country goes into meltdown .lol

The rain in the coming days is going to be a nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    which reminds me had a wander around rumney today to get some food

newport road shops - no milk or bread , wentloog road shops - no milk or bread , new road shops - no milk or bread

so with 1 crust of bread left and a quarter pint of milk what am i supposed to live on in the morning ?

a bit of snow and the country goes into meltdown .lol
    “Bit of snow and be country goes into melt down” last words of man who had to resort to eating his family to survive.

Just got in from walking the dog (something I didn't even consider doing yesterday until about 4pm). it was snowing quite heavily when I started, but it was those big wet snow flakes and it fizzled out just as I got home. Best of all is that the bitter northerly wind has changed direction somewhat and is nowhere near as strong and as icy as it has been - I was told by someone I met that they're having floods in the south west and looking at the forecast, the temperature is going to rise a fair bit tomorrow.