+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If we get promoted - what option would you take?

Re: If we get promoted - what option would you take?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don't see much harm in speculating on something like this given that our manager has referenced Burnley a few times already. For what it's worth, I'd say there's no way we would try to become a "footballing" side like Bournemouth are and Swansea once were under this manager - I think we are likely to look to play the same way while trying to bring in good Championship players who are getting near the end of their contracts, so I suppose that would be the Burnley way.

Some good points made in the OP, but I must take issue with the line "It is not possible to out-Arsenal Arsenal" - plenty of sides do that these days, but things would be getting pretty desperate for Wenger if the worst passers of the ball in this season's Championship were to do it .
    Yes fair points on the Arsenal. For me, I have to say, this is where I think Bellamy could be the option two years down the road. He will have much of the fiery character of Warnock, but has similar traits to Mark Hughes. He doesn't like players who are wusses. He likes them tough. But tough and skillful is an option, in a way that Hughes took the style left by the likes of Pulis, but brought in a few toughies who could play with the ball on the deck.

Completely speculative of course. But I can see how a Warnock-Bellamy leadership transition in 2 years time could work, allowing a subtle alteration in style without excessive disruption, on the provision that Bellamy has served under Warnock as a No.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Yes fair points on the Arsenal. For me, I have to say, this is where I think Bellamy could be the option two years down the road. He will have much of the fiery character of Warnock, but has similar traits to Mark Hughes. He doesn't like players who are wusses. He likes them tough. But tough and skillful is an option, in a way that Hughes took the style left by the likes of Pulis, but brought in a few toughies who could play with the ball on the deck.

Completely speculative of course. But I can see how a Warnock-Bellamy leadership transition in 2 years time could work, allowing a subtle alteration in style without excessive disruption, on the provision that Bellamy has served under Warnock as a No.2.
    In terms of football philosophy, Bellamy and Warnock look to be miles apart, but you make a good point about their temperamental similarities. I think they could work together during a handover period, but, as I mention in another thread, I think Bellamy's third spell at the club might well be coming to an end soon - I wouldn't rule out the possibility of him being tempted back here in a couple of years time though if the club wanted him as Neil Warnock's successor.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Also known as the Man City or Chelski.
    We aren't even the biggest spenders in the division.

There is a very interesting interview with Sean Dyche running on Sky Sports (with Alistair Campbell 'super fan').

He is such a likeable and grounded manager.

There is also a tour of Burnley's training facilities.

Well worth a look for those that (still) have a Sky subscription.