+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brentford in doubt?

Brentford in doubt?

Heavy snow forecast for Friday there, but none on Saturday. Will they cover the pitch?
    Bleeding hope so!

Re: Brentford in doubt?

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post
    Heavy snow forecast for Friday there, but none on Saturday. Will they cover the pitch?
    Bleeding hope so!
    Isn't having a crap pitch in our favour?

There is a chance that the band of snow forecast for tomorrow / Friday could move to the west and miss us completely. Fingers crossed.

Just looking at Brentford message board. They think the game will be called off by the looks of things.

Bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam1989 View Post
    Just looking at Brentford message board. They think the game will be called off by the looks of things.
    Which one was that - I've just looked at this one and they don't seem that pessimistic.

Far more concerned, as usual, that we are too physical, play kick and rush, will out-muscle them, and Warnock's got all the ref's in the division scared of him

http://www.griffinpark.org/forums/sh...=129687&page=3

@BrentfordFC
    The latest scene at GP!

We are currently monitoring the weather and its impact, ahead of Saturday's match and will update supporters when there is more detailed information

1:08 PM - Feb 28, 2018

The picture they posted of the pitch half an hour ago showed it inches deep in snow.

You’ve omitted this one

Brentford FC

@BrentfordFC
    The latest scene at GP!

We are currently monitoring the weather and its impact, ahead of Saturday's match and will update supporters when there is more detailed information
    1:08 PM - Feb 28, 2018

There’s a picture of a very snowy ground.

A bad pitch favours the weaker side. If the pitch is heavy or hard underfoot I hope the game is called off.

Doesn’t look good especially with more of the same inbound tomorrow.

ORANGE BALL! ORANGE BALL! ORANGE BALL!

Not sure if London are getting any Friday and Saturday, but Brentford really should be covering their pitch

Weather forecast is for more snow in Brentford, freezing overnight Friday going in to Saturday, then a balmy 5 c Saturday pm. If the pitch is covered, then cleared it may well be frozen underneath and/or freeze when uncovered. This is not looking good. If it is called off then at least give 24hrs notice.

The forecast for Saturday is 5C and rain. How many inches of snow are they expecting?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    A bad pitch favours the weaker side. If the pitch is heavy or hard underfoot I hope the game is called off.
    They pass the ball, we don't. If it's a crap pitch, that'll play right into our hands. Get it on!

The way the rest of football views us we might as well turn up wearing wellies.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The way the rest of football views us we might as well turn up wearing wellies.
    And just to make it interesting I'll bring along a wagon load of sheep.

The pitch may be ok but what about the surrounding streets you know what elf and safety are like these days

Plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post
    Bleeding hope so!
    God I hope that it is postponed - then I can go to the rearranged game

At this moment it looks very doubtful, here in East London its pretty covered and freezing over, so will be the same in West London. Many have been complaining about the lack of gritting up here, so if we get the forecast heavy fall on Friday, the odds are very much against it being on

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    And just to make it interesting I'll bring along a wagon load of sheep.
    Yes we could weight down the wellies and give em a right !!!!!!!!!!!!

Bloody booked a weekend away. Supposed to be leaving tomorrow morning, catching early bus from Gabalfa. Don’t know if taxis will be running so may not even be able to get there. I hate snow

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They pass the ball, we don't. If it's a crap pitch, that'll play right into our hands. Get it on!
    My thoughts exactly. Boggy slow saturated pitch suits the big physical side.... us 👍

If it was sunny and crisp I wouldn't be confident at all