+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The man who cured Craig Bellamy: my thoughts on him....

The man who cured Craig Bellamy: my thoughts on him....

Following on from a book thread further down I thought I would flag up this book below, as clearly we have some avid sports readers.

The book was initially flagged to me by a stockbroking market maker, of all strange corners of the world. This fella, let's call him John Smith just to be original, had terrible anger management issues. If a stock market or foreign exchange trade didn't go his way you could certainly hear his voice on the other side of the trading floor. I always thought that the man, roughly 28 at the time, was a grade A idiot although clearly intelligent. One day he punched the Reuters trading screen, causing much laughter in the room. The only person not laughing was his boss who took him to a quiet room and gave him a dressing down. Two years later someone noticed that over the last year or so he had calmed down a hell of a lot. Over a few beers drinks one evening I decided to join his chatting crowd. I mentioned that people had noticed that he had got a grip of himself and had calmed down a lot, and asked how he had managed to do it. "Steve Peters" he said. "Fu*king genius of a guy. Tamed one of your Taffy lot as well, you know Craig Bellamy". I said "Oh yeah? I'll take a look." Then some other guy piped up, a much more senior guy said "Yeah I read him as well. He also sorted out Ronnie O' Sullivan's anger problems. Top man".

It turns out that this guy is seen as something of a genius in these circles. In business many top city traders, CEOs and other sports people have drawn on his expertise in how to create your own success, deal with your fears, how to achieve your goals and so on. He seems to be an unique cross of a psychologist and a life coach. He worked on coaching Victoria Pendleton, Chris Foy, Steven Gerrard to help them become successful, as like O Sullivan and Bellamy they had fears to deal with and issues to face. They also seem to rave about the guy. It appears that he has done some stints with Wales and England RFU recently, as ell as Liverpool FC. Have you noticed how Mad Bellamy in the year or so before he retired became a much calmer person? Less angry? Less incidents? This chap, Steve Peters, was credited by Craig Bellamy as the man who sorted him out and he raves about him. Bellamy credited him with altering his behaviour and made him a much happier man. I was a fairly calm person before I read the book, but found that it helped with many other things.

For those with anger management issues, or just have lots of mental blocks or thoughts of "I cannot do this" or "This is above me", this book is a tremendous resource. Two family members have read it and have found they are now able to recognise the signals before they blow up. Much happier for it too. The Chimp Paradox by Steve Peters. Cracking read for those interested.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chimp-Parad...x+steve+peters

Re: The man who cured Craig Bellamy: my thoughts on him....

Stop fvcking forcing books on me I'm not fvcking interested OK?

Second thoughts, I may give it a read.

Good article on him here, also.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2008/may/08/4

You are steve Peters aren't you? Where do I claim my reward??

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    You are steve Peters aren't you? Where do I claim my reward??
    Cheque for £5 in the post Sir

Why does the OP smell so strongly of bullshit ?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Stop fvcking forcing books on me I'm not fvcking interested OK?

Second thoughts, I may give it a read.