City opening talks with Hoilett over new contract

Get it sorted.

Junior has been class.

Re: City opening talks with Hoilett over new contract

That would be great news

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    That would be great news
    I think he is about 28/29 isn't he? I would give a 3 year contract to the lad. If we go up he'll be of use to us, but if we come down he would be contracted for another season to help with another promotion. With Warnock in charge still, he would stay and love it here. The lad shows not just ability but he correct attitude. I would give him a 3 year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    I think he is about 28/29 isn't he? I would give a 3 year contract to the lad. If we go up he'll be of use to us, but if we come down he would be contracted for another season to help with another promotion. With Warnock in charge still, he would stay and love it here. The lad shows not just ability but he correct attitude. I would give him a 3 year deal.
    Hoilett is 27, he's 28 in June. There's been question marks about his application in the past but he's been absolutely first rate since he's been here and we have to keep him. He's one of our players I have no doubt could make the step up should we get promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Only 27 I think, even though it feels like he’s been around forever. A 3 year contract would be perfect.

Sign him up Malky!
    Our best forward player, arguably our best player.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Sign him up Malky!
    Our best forward player, arguably our best player.
    If the season ended today I would have Hoilett as our Player Of The Season - ahead of Bamba, Morrison and Ralls.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    If the season ended today I would have Hoilett as our Player Of The Season - ahead of Bamba, Morrison and Ralls.
    Me too. Hoilett, Morrison, Ralls in that order for me.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Me too. Hoilett, Morrison, Ralls in that order for me.
    Morrison? LOL k..

don't get me wrong..I'd have him in the team but he aint THAT good...get real

I'm impressed. I thought he'd see it out and move on if we don't go up.
    If we can keep him and the bulk of our squad we can expect another great season next year even if we don't go up

It'll mean another big subsidy by Tan mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    Morrison? LOL k..

don't get me wrong..I'd have him in the team but he aint THAT good...get real
    He’s definitely in the running for player of the season, best defender by a mile.

He’s definitely in the running for player of the season, best defender by a mile.
    meh .. if you say so.

Players like manga and bamba pull off top draw performances over and over but only seem to get remembered for that time they didn't handle a situation where Bennett went AWOL and left them to cover two positions.

Seen plenty of Morrison mistakes, I suppose goals really do make all the booboo's go away.

Like I said - I rate him just, but hardly worth a top 2 spot.. (and above Ralls of all people?)

meh .. if you say so.

Players like manga and bamba pull off top draw performances over and over but only seem to get remembered for that time they didn't handle a situation where Bennett went AWOL and left them to cover two positions.

Seen plenty of Morrison mistakes, I suppose goals really do make all the booboo's go away.

Like I said - I rate him just, but hardly worth a top 2 spot.. (and above Ralls of all people?)
    Manga

Yes he's been a cracker this year ,premiership standard at times

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes he's been a cracker this year ,premiership standard at times
    Only standout player last week.

I think he’s brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Only standout player last week.

I think he’s brilliant
    Feeney was as good.

meh .. if you say so.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Feeney was as good.
    I felt Hoilett held up play much better than Feeney, Hoilett had a lot of intelligence about his play.

Feeney was great but in my opinion Hoilett was a mark above anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I felt Hoilett held up play much better than Feeney, Hoilett had a lot of intelligence about his play.

Feeney was great but in my opinion Hoilett was a mark above anyone else.
    Yes he did, and feeney carried the ball forward enabling us to play into the corner and get crosses in.. or wast a bit of time and look for a pass back etc.

meh .. if you say so.

Maybe try a different sport pal

On the basis of effectiveness. Yes

Maybe try a different sport pal
    I'm not your pal, buddy

Considering most on this forum are either trolling or stoopid...I think it is acceptable in my world if they disagree with me

Player of the season so far. And the closest to him is Morrison.

I'm not your pal, buddy

Considering most on this forum are either trolling or stoopid...I think it is acceptable in my world if they disagree with me
    And you've somehow mastered both

I think Hoilett will stay with us while Warnock is manager, so it may be possible to get him to commit to a longer deal now that our manager has signed a two year contract - - the short contracts Hoilett has been prepared to sign so far are, surely, down to him not wanting to commit to any longer here than our manager was prepared to, as opposed to the club thinking that a one year deal was all he was worth.