+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aron Gunnarsson

Aron Gunnarsson

I wouldn’t renew his contract if we went up as I don’t think he’s good enough.

I think he’s injury prone and whilst I can’t blame him for keeping his options open, he’s hardly showing the club loyalty.

Re: Aron Gunnarsson

Wish we had him fit though especially with Ralls out.

Give him a contract, just to keep his Mrs here.

He's been loyal for 7 years. Shockingly, at his last chance for a pay day, he wants a pay day. Give the guy a break, been a great servant who's played about 250 times for us.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Give him a contract, just to keep his Mrs here.
    This one. Just 4 you BT
    https://twitter.com/KrisJ_fitness/st...38096123641858

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's been loyal for 7 years. Shockingly, at his last chance for a pay day, he wants a pay day. Give the guy a break, been a great servant who's played about 250 times for us.
    If someone were to ask who were the most loyal players currently on the books I'd say hes around the top

funny how people see things so differently

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's been loyal - due to a lack of other offers. He's also been well paid for his stint with us.

He may well believe offers will flood in for him as a free agent; he'll no doubt get some but he needs to be realistic, he's a Championship player. Would we make another contract offer? Doubt it. We've won without him, his value to the team is below Ralls value for example.

Doesn't want to be here, fine.

Not good enough.

Walks back into the team whenever he's fit.

Aiiiii.

Its a job to him, the next contract is probably going to be the best contract hes going to get in his career, and at the time of saying he wasnt renewing his stock was as high as its ever going to be.

Since then hes got injured, which is a pain in the arse for both us and him, and if as a result of his inactivity the last 4/5 months he has a poor world cup, maybe even missing it completely, then perhaps he wont get as many good offers, but you cant blame someone for keeping their options open.

If he is fit and saving himself for the world cup then its a risky strategy as he will need some competetive games to get his match sharpness. However, I dont think thats his personality, I think if hes fit hell want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Not good enough.

Walks back into the team whenever he's fit.

Aiiiii.
    You try to hard.

Quote Originally Posted by BuyingManCityTickets View Post
    You try to hard.
    too*

I think he’ll stay if we get promoted,certainly good enough to get into our squad,he is captain of Iceland ffs!

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    He's been loyal - due to a lack of other offers. He's also been well paid for his stint with us.

He may well believe offers will flood in for him as a free agent; he'll no doubt get some but he needs to be realistic, he's a Championship player. Would we make another contract offer? Doubt it. We've won without him, his value to the team is below Ralls value for example.

Doesn't want to be here, fine.
    We have offered him a contract but he has turned it down, he has said he has played in the championship for years, and would probably sign a new contract if we were promoted

I know - don't see us making another one though.

I don't think he'll get the Prem offers he thinks he will.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    I wouldn’t renew his contract if we went up as I don’t think he’s good enough.

I think he’s injury prone and whilst I can’t blame him for keeping his options open, he’s hardly showing the club loyalty.
    How do you work out that hes injury prone ?. He has played 235 times for us in 7 years i.e. 33.5 games a season - not bad for a 'crock' is it.

I know - don't see us making another one though.

I don't think he'll get the Prem offers he thinks he will.
    I dont think he thinks he will get prem offers, mind you HRK did after one goal in the euros that probably caught thebBelgiym defence well off guard..

I take it from what hes said he wants a new challenge and is bored of the championship, if we go up he would enjoy the challenge, if not I'd wager a guess at somewhere like the bundesliga that would not offer prem wages but decent enough and a new challenge.

He's been loyal - due to a lack of other offers.
    There have been numerous approaches that other players would've pushed through. He never.

One of our most loyal players, a natural leader, big influence both on and off the pitch. Yet some want shot of him, good job our gaffer knows his value. He's only missed a handful of games in seven season's, yet in this season where he and the squad have had more than our fair share of long-term injuries he is being slagged off. He, will have been more frustrated than anyone by his absence this season and I still expect to see him playing a crucial role both on and off the pitch before the seasons end.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Its a job to him, the next contract is probably going to be the best contract hes going to get in his career, and at the time of saying he wasnt renewing his stock was as high as its ever going to be.

Since then hes got injured, which is a pain in the arse for both us and him, and if as a result of his inactivity the last 4/5 months he has a poor world cup, maybe even missing it completely, then perhaps he wont get as many good offers, but you cant blame someone for keeping their options open.

If he is fit and saving himself for the world cup then its a risky strategy as he will need some competetive games to get his match sharpness. However, I dont think thats his personality, I think if hes fit hell want to play.
    It’s just a job for more or less every professional player.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It’s just a job for more or less every professional player.
    Yes, that’s my point.

Quote Originally Posted by BuyingManCityTickets View Post
    too*
    such an easy bite..

I think it has suited the club not to renew as well probably in a very high wage ,woudl he get into a current Premiership side , in my view no ,he lacks pace and the killer McPhail type pass ,could we replace him and save money yep .

Been a good servant has had his in and out form .

I think it would not hurt him to sign a contract but I guess that stops him getting his potential agreed sign on fee and better wages .

Interestingly if he doesn't get back soon and match fit and then has an average World cup ,it could go badly wrong for him .

We may then not to improve his wage .

If he returns who do you drop Ralls ( HOPE NOT )

Patterson ( probably not as he scores goals and Gunner doesn't )

The Liverpool lad probably not ( contract says no and puts in doubt future loans form that club )

Were a different team since he last played ,that can operate well without him .

Nice dilemma ,not for the club but the player ,if we ever see him in a City shirt again ????????

To anyone saying he’s not good enough, he absolutely is providing he’s played to his strengths. He’s the epitome of a Warnock player. Gutsy and gives his all. For the person thay said he hasn’t got that McPhail pass, that’s because he’s not a McPhail player. Peter Whittingham couldn’t tackle for shit, didn’t make him a bad player when he was played to his strengths.

His loyalty is there but his commitment to his country is greater and we laud Bale for that exact same reason. He will still give us 100% as long as he’s with us.

Maybe there’s better suitors for him and better players for us but I’d love to see him back in the team at the moment giving Ralls thay freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    To anyone saying he’s not good enough, he absolutely is providing he’s played to his strengths. He’s the epitome of a Warnock player. Gutsy and gives his all. For the person thay said he hasn’t got that McPhail pass, that’s because he’s not a McPhail player. Peter Whittingham couldn’t tackle for shit, didn’t make him a bad player when he was played to his strengths.

His loyalty is there but his commitment to his country is greater and we laud Bale for that exact same reason. He will still give us 100% as long as he’s with us.

Maybe there’s better suitors for him and better players for us but I’d love to see him back in the team at the moment giving Ralls thay freedom.
    Well if he did have the killer pass that would be my only reason to bring him back other than injury to say Ralls as that is the only thing I think our midfield surely lacks ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Well if he did have the killer pass that would be my only reason to bring him back other than injury to say Ralls as that is the only thing I think our midfield surely lacks ?
    Ralls has been playing with Grujic (woefully overrated) Patterson (makeshift CM) Damour (hot and cold) Bryson (not a tackler) and Halford (tries his best but rubbish)

Why on Earth have you singled out Ralls as the one to make way?