+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aron Gunnarsson

Re: Aron Gunnarsson

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Ralls has been playing with Grujic (woefully overrated) Patterson (makeshift CM) Damour (hot and cold) Bryson (not a tackler) and Halford (tries his best but rubbish)

Why on Earth have you singled out Ralls as the one to make way?
    Always felt they were very similar I suppose,if it did result in Ralls moving forward I guess that woudl work ,I wound underestimate the Patterson effect , I say effect as he's no skilled midfield operator but he does score and cause chaos in the penalty area

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Always felt they were very similar I suppose,if it did result in Ralls moving forward I guess that woudl work ,I wound underestimate the Patterson effect , I say effect as he's no skilled midfield operator but he does score and cause chaos in the penalty area
    Paterson is a very very good player but can be used in so many different situations where as Gunnarsson is a perfect candidate for the DM role

while we know its his last big payday contract ( with a tidy signing on bonus ) this running down contracts really doesnt sit well with me, yet it is getting more and more common

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    while we know its his last big payday contract ( with a tidy signing on bonus ) this running down contracts really doesnt sit well with me, yet it is getting more and more common
    If you were earning £15 an hour with company A and company B offered you the same job for £18 you would consider it and more than likely leave, if the work was there?

This isn't parallel to the point about footballers I know, but it highlights loyalty...

Worked on the railways for 4 years and it was as common as breathing to see lads or full gangs move about for more money.

Agree that it's crap in the sense the club lose a sell on fee, but the player is protected by his contract, if company A had to pay you for another year and decided you are no longer in the plans you would expect to be paid for the term of your contract no?

I don't actually know where I'm going with this now, I've lost myself here, joys of the phone ringing 5 times after a night shift..can't bloody sleep now.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    To anyone saying he’s not good enough, he absolutely is providing he’s played to his strengths. He’s the epitome of a Warnock player. Gutsy and gives his all. For the person thay said he hasn’t got that McPhail pass, that’s because he’s not a McPhail player. Peter Whittingham couldn’t tackle for shit, didn’t make him a bad player when he was played to his strengths.

His loyalty is there but his commitment to his country is greater and we laud Bale for that exact same reason. He will still give us 100% as long as he’s with us.

Maybe there’s better suitors for him and better players for us but I’d love to see him back in the team at the moment giving Ralls thay freedom.
    This response resonates with me. If I were in Warnock's position I would say the kind words that need to be said to him, to reflect his effort, loyalty, personality and strengths that he brings. Explain that this is the offer I am prepared to make. If another club comes calling from the Premiership, or another club at the same level with a better offer, then he leaves with the blessing of the club and the big thanks and respect for all that he has done. With Warnock being the clever manager he is, he will not need to me to say that he will also have a scout scouring the market for a suitable and accessible target who is interested, lined up for an immediate move in the event that Aron turns the offer down, so that we are not caught unprepared.

What does not need to happen to Aron is the accusation that he is greedy or undeserving. He is a human and a player - and a decent one at that who is free to negotiate as best rate he can. On the other side of the table the club has the right to offer what they think is suitable to the player. Hopefully they can meet in the middle, but perhaps they will not. Respect both ways if he does not stay, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    This response resonates with me. If I were in Warnock's position I would say the kind words that need to be said to him, to reflect his effort, loyalty, personality and strengths that he brings. Explain that this is the offer I am prepared to make. If another club comes calling from the Premiership, or another club at the same level with a better offer, then he leaves with the blessing of the club and the big thanks and respect for all that he has done. With Warnock being the clever manager he is, he will not need to me to say that he will also have a scout scouring the market for a suitable and accessible target who is interested, lined up for an immediate move in the event that Aron turns the offer down, so that we are not caught unprepared.

What does not need to happen to Aron is the accusation that he is greedy or undeserving. He is a human and a player - and a decent one at that who is free to negotiate as best rate he can. On the other side of the table the club has the right to offer what they think is suitable to the player. Hopefully they can meet in the middle, but perhaps they will not. Respect both ways if he does not stay, I hope.
    The club have shown him loyalty, paid him good wages and have rehabilitated him back to fitness.He then shoots off at the end of the season as a free agent. He could have signed a new contract at Christmas , then at least we could have got some kind of transfer fee for him, if he does decide to move on.

Ledley did the same and he was bad mouthed.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    The club have shown him loyalty, paid him good wages and have rehabilitated him back to fitness.He then shoots off at the end of the season as a free agent. He could have signed a new contract at Christmas , then at least we could have got some kind of transfer fee for him, if he does decide to move on.

Indeed.

He went off to an Icelandic friendly whilst injured - club had informed the Icelandic medical staff. Gets re-injured whilst playing when he wasn't fit for club games. Gets medical treatment at clubs expense which will then benefit his next club; as no transfer fee, he'll also get an increased signing on fee.

We've managed without him and will continue to manage without him. Doesn't want to be here, c'est la vie.

Difference is Ledley was supposed to be one of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post

ccfcwelshlad has said he's had offers others would have moved along with..

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    ccfcwelshlad has said he's had offers others would have moved along with..
    Others might of, but he is one of our highest earners....

Others might of, but he is one of our highest earners....
    I was replying to somebody who thinks if we give him a decent offer he may consider it, I was pointing out that he has had offers others at the club would have moved along with.

Think we are all aware he is a big earner.

If we get promoted, we'll be looking for a better midfielder than Gunnarsson. I can't see a premiership club coming in for him.

He was playing poorly for a while before Warnock took over. That very first game against Bristol he was a beast and was one of our most consistent players.

Just wonder what the **** has hapened to him?!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    He was playing poorly for a while before Warnock took over. That very first game against Bristol he was a beast and was one of our most consistent players.

World cup ahead, wants a final big payday...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post

Hes injured. Tends to happen to proffesional athletes, especially those who play a contact sport.

Supporters go on about McPhail and his killer pass! he certainly was never overall as good a midfielder as Gunners although very different as he couldn’t tackle! He never played for or captained his country and never played in the Premiership. Whitt’s was a similar player but much better than McPhail as he could score goals as well as give the killer pass?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Hes injured. Tends to happen to proffesional athletes, especially those who play a contact sport.
    It tends to happen more to players who play for their country whilst not fully fit, carrying an injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Supporters go on about McPhail and his killer pass! he certainly was never overall as good a midfielder as Gunners although very different as he couldn’t tackle! He never played for or captained his country and never played in the Premiership. Whitt’s was a similar player but much better than McPhail as he could score goals as well as give the killer pass?
    The McPhail - Chopra partnership was immense. McPhail also had the ability to calm playdown when needed.

Gunners is good at what he does as a midfield dog getting stuck in. His passing is poor which would be exposed at higher levels.

Mcphail made 78 premiership appearances and was a far better player than gunnar

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Mcphail made 78 premiership appearances and was a far better player than gunnar
    For sure, I like Gunnarson and hope he stays but would take Steve McPhail over him every time. Quality player.

McPhail is very overrated by many of our supporters,played 190 games for us and scored a measly 3 goals compared to Gunners 23 goals from 235games. McPail had 10 International caps for Ireland, Gunners 76 for Iceland so far most as captain and people are saying McPail was a better player ffs!

McPhail is very overrated by many of our supporters,played 190 games for us and scored a measly 3 goals compared to Gunners 23 goals from 235games. McPail had 10 International caps for Ireland, Gunners 76 for Iceland so far most as captain and people are saying McPail was a better player ffs!
    But mcphail outscored shitty David Marshall, where were his goals?

Personally I don’t know how people are comparing the 2 players

You don't judge players on on paper.

Thankfully.

Iceland only got about 50 odd people to pick from ffs, how many goals were scored from mcphail's passes? Anyone who thinks gunnar is a better player than mcphail is off it imo