DITTO, can you stop the snow please !

Re: Happy St David’s Day

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    DITTO, can you stop the snow please !
    I’d love to. I bloody hate snow. Spoils everything

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    I’d love to. I bloody hate snow. Spoils everything
    Unless you’re going sledging. Snow is perfect for that.

Happy St David’s Day = Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Hapus = (phonetically) Deethe goil Dewi hapeece.

As with every St Dai's Day eve, I could barely contain my excitement upon retiring to the bed chamber last night. When dawn broke I sprang from beneath the duvet to quickly dress and tied a red and white scarf round my neck to complete the ensemble on this our special day. Mrs Morgan hadn't twitched, and wasn't impressed on awakening her with the traditional greeting. "Oh, just piss off, will you?!" was her ill-tempered refrain.

I skipped happily down the stairs while humming Ar Lan y Môr. Ninian, my faithful but rather stupid hound, was in his customary spot, his tail wagging furiously in anticipation of the back door being opened for him to have a quick slash before returning to find his grub dish filled. The Very Best of Max Boyce CD was soon set to play, so too The 50 Great Welsh Rugby Sporting Moments DVD on the TV.

Instead of the usual faggots and peas and blancmange for brekkie I partook of leek on toast followed by leek soup. I know from bitter experience that leek tea is unavailable anywhere worldwide. It's a poor substitute, but as with every other year I made an ordinary cuppa to stir it with the non leafy end of a, well, you can guess what. Ninny was unimpressed with the green and white contents of his dish. He sniffed at it suspiciously before before fixing me with a "what the feck is this crap?" stare. After being told to "eat it or starve" he declined to retire to his favoured sulking spot beneath the settee from where he growled intermittently throughout the morning.

"His best-known miracle is said to have taken place when he was preaching in the middle of a large crowd at the Synod of Brefi: the village of Llanddewi Brefi stands on the spot where the ground on which he stood is reputed to have risen up to form a small hill."

It's good to see that God used miracles wisely.