+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Li'l Lee's post match interview on BCTV

Li'l Lee's post match interview on BCTV

Just popped up in my browser (apologies if already posted).

A word of warning though. Whilst on one hand you will enjoy, particularly the first 3 minutes, you could become physically sick towards the end...

https://youtu.be/mfRr-Rnh1aA

Re: Li'l Lee's post match interview on BCTV

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

A word of warning though. Whilst on one hand you will enjoy, particularly the first 3 minutes, you could become physically sick towards the end...

Amazing how he describes us as physical yet they're well below us in the fair play table. He sees us as a very defensively organised unit that stops teams playing - what does he want, us to lay back and open up for him? 16 clean sheets already shows that we're difficult to score against. If you don't concede you can't lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Amazing how he describes us as physical yet they're well below us in the fair play table. He sees us as a very defensively organised unit that stops teams playing - what does he want, us to lay back and open up for him? 16 clean sheets already shows that we're difficult to score against. If you don't concede you can't lose.
    I was more taken when he talked about replacing his current strikeforce with some midget footballers for future games. If he thinks they are midgets he must be trawling the Bedminster under 8 league!

Thanks for that. It confirmed to me what I have seen and heard in the last six months. Three major points:

1. Terrible body language for around 80 per cent of the interview. I have said a few times that he is a man with overt confidence but inner self doubt. His responses were incoherent for about 50 per cent of the video. Rambling, repeating and over elaboration. Classic signs of inner doubt.

2. His acknowledgement that a few players cannot understand what he is teaching them and cannot understand his system. If he were Klopp, Guardiola or Brendon Rodgers who employ a complex system I could understand it. His methods are not complex and team’s style far from it. What does it say if the players cannot understand it?

3. He then contradicts point 2 (that he has a simple system) by then saying that against some clubs (like us) he tried to play a more physical system, whilst with other clubs he wants them to play differently. Therefore, how can that be “one simple system”? It is a direct contradiction.

I cite the above three points as evidence, to to illustrate from just a short six minute video, that the man is incoherent, incomprehensible, contradictory and seems to be losing the faith or belief of players around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Thanks for that. It confirmed to me what I have seen and heard in the last six months. Three major points:

1. Terrible body language for around 80 per cent of the interview. I have said a few times that he is a man with overt confidence but inner self doubt. His responses were incoherent for about 50 per cent of the video. Rambling, repeating and over elaboration. Classic signs of inner doubt.

2. His acknowledgement that a few players cannot understand what he is teaching them and cannot understand his system. If he were Klopp, Guardiola or Brendon Rodgers who employ a complex system I could understand it. His methods are not complex and team’s style far from it. What does it say if the players cannot understand it?

3. He then contradicts point 2 (that he has a simple system) by then saying that against some clubs (like us) he tried to play a more physical system, whilst with other clubs he wants them to play differently. Therefore, how can that be “one simple system”? It is a direct contradiction.

I cite the above three points as evidence, to to illustrate from just a short six minute video, that the man is incoherent, incomprehensible, contradictory and seems to be losing the faith or belief of players around him.
    Yes, good observations.
    He does confirm many flaws highlighted by quite a few posters.... except possibly one poster in particular

Exactly. Completely out-foxed by the Master who just loves to school Johnsons.

His quest of arse licking his way up the ladder is being played out in front of the watching public in such a nauseating manner... it is pitiful.
    Most people in football are not stupid and will see through this fraud.

Yes, good observations.
    He does confirm many flaws highlighted by quite a few posters.... except possibly one poster in particular
    Not sure, that one poster didn’t have much good to say about Lee Johnson this time last year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Not sure, that one poster didn’t have much good to say about Lee Johnson this time last year.
    You're not suggesting yhat he's a bit fickle, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post

To answer point 2.

He tells them in the changing room to lump it down the channels, he tells the press he wants them to play like Barcelona.
    Their small brains can't handle the confusion.

Come on out, we know you're there

Everybody seems to have an opinion on us they don't mind sharing. Maybe he should be focusing on theories why his own team has managed to win 1 on 12 or whatever it is.

All the negative stuff is fine, after all everyone said Leicester wouldn’t win the premier league.

In the interview he keeps mentioning Cardiff's physicality and then when discussing the goal says what disappointed him was that nobody on his side put in a "stinging derby challenge". Talk about a mess of contradictions!

"Johnson". Has there ever been a more apt surname?