+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ken Choo - season ticket prices a reward for fans loyalty.

Ken Choo - season ticket prices a reward for fans loyalty.

Re: Ken Choo - season ticket prices a reward for fans loyalty.

"Irrespective of where we are playing next season, be it the Championship or the Premier League, season ticket holders who purchase again by April 8 will be able to buy at the same price as this season. After that, there will be small and staged increases.
    Hmmm...

I am thinking I am in some sort of price freeze already? I will have to check with ticket office.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    I am thinking I am in some sort of price freeze already? I will have to check with ticket office.
    Spedger
    This season is last season of a two year freeze which is now being extended to next season. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    This season is last season of a two year freeze which is now being extended to next season. Simple as that.
    Not quite as simple because this is an extension of Ridsdale's price freeze in 2009. Cardiff's ticket prices are very good, but with crowds stumbling to 16000 for a promotion chasing team, it would be crazy to raise prices.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think this represents good value (even though my son's has doubled in price as he goes from being classed as a student to an adult!! I wish he acted and earned like one!!) but was surprised by the small difference between existing season ticket holders and new ones who buy early - in my case only £10 difference? Good value for newbies but maybe they could have made the difference a little bigger?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Not quite as simple because this is an extension of Ridsdale's price freeze in 2009. Cardiff's ticket prices are very good, but with crowds stumbling to 16000 for a promotion chasing team, it would be crazy to raise prices.
    21.000 there for wurzles you numpty.

Always lurking, jumping at the chance to post any negativity towards the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    It's embarrassing. Like a jealous ex hanging around

What a sad act

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Utterly embarrassing

As others have said , some walked away, some came back when they felt ready , but most didn't hang around the message boards just to pick up on any negativity and even positivity to turn it into an attack .
    Leave it now , it's boring , and the continuos use of Just Cardiff , not City , or Cardiff City is just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    21.000 there for wurzles you numpty.
    1500 away fans.

21000 v Middlesbrough? 21000 vBolton?

Quote Originally Posted by Random in Duquesa View Post
    As others have said , some walked away, some came back when they felt ready , but most didn't hang around the message boards just to pick up on any negativity and even positivity to turn it into an attack .
    Leave it now , it's boring , and the continuos use of Just Cardiff , not City , or Cardiff City is just sad.
    I actually complimented the club on ticket prices. And, I was pointing out that Cardiffs disappointing attendances mean the club would be crazy to penalise those that remain loyal by raising prices. There is, obviously, little scope to raise prices - especially considering the club can't get 20000 home fans during a meeting promotion run.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    What a sad act
    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Utterly embarrassing
    As I said, Cardiff's ticket prices are very good. In my opinion, it's the only thing Tan has got consistently right. But, in the backdrop of poor home crowds, it's difficult to work out the logic in potentially charging more. Unless, of course, the club go up. Which may explain the April 8th date as a potential price rise point.

That date will move if the club drop into the play off spots. That date will see prices rise if Cardiff are in the same position or better on April 8th. Any price rise will backfire if the club fail to win promotion.

Sorry that pointing out some facts are upsetting you all, and thanks for all the love!

As I said, Cardiff's ticket prices are very good. In my opinion, it's the only thing Tan has got consistently right. But, in the backdrop of poor home crowds, it's difficult to work out the logic in potentially charging more. Unless, of course, the club go up. Which may explain the April 8th date as a potential price rise point.

That date will move if the club drop into the play off spots. That date will see prices rise if Cardiff are in the same position or better on April 8th. Any price rise will backfire if the club fail to win promotion.

Sorry that pointing out some facts are upsetting you all, and thanks for all the love!
    You are being trolled

So again what is your point? Professional football club uses marketing strategy?

The current pricing structure has absolutely nothing to do with 2009 or Ridsdale. Why bring that argument into it unless of course you are looking for something negative to associate the club now with from the past, in an effort to make yourself look clever and alienate more people against the present regime. Its pathetic to be honest.

Our average gate is also 19000, which you continually refuse to acknowledge.

Someone quote this so he can see it (he's apparently got me on ignore..but can directly quote me when he feels like..)

Some figures here for our "falling crowds"

We have looked at attendance figures for the last three years and crowds are up. Two seasons ago, after our first 17 matches, the average gate was 14,497.

"Last season, after a similar time, it was 16,140. This season, again after the first 17 matches, the average is 19,045.

"So we have built it up and that is important.

"Some people might say we are down on previous seasons, but when you have come down from the Premier League you do need a year or two to start cleaning things up. If you just retain everything as it was, nothing changes. Look at Sunderland.

"We had to make decisions, clean it up, get a good manager in Neil who would build things again. It takes time, but he has got good results very quickly."

Is Choo lying to the public?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Someone quote this so he can see it (he's apparently got me on ignore..but can directly quote me when he feels like..)

Some figures here for our "falling crowds"

We have looked at attendance figures for the last three years and crowds are up. Two seasons ago, after our first 17 matches, the average gate was 14,497.

"Last season, after a similar time, it was 16,140. This season, again after the first 17 matches, the average is 19,045.

"So we have built it up and that is important.

"Some people might say we are down on previous seasons, but when you have come down from the Premier League you do need a year or two to start cleaning things up. If you just retain everything as it was, nothing changes. Look at Sunderland.

"We had to make decisions, clean it up, get a good manager in Neil who would build things again. It takes time, but he has got good results very quickly."

Is Choo lying to the public?
    Choo's doing a great job.
    The team are doing well and season tickets are great value with crowds growing again from the dip a couple of years back .

Don't let the thread which is talking about new season tickets get spoiled like so many others have been

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Choo's doing a great job.
    The team are doing well and season tickets are great value with crowds growing again from the dip a couple of years back .

Don't let the thread which is talking about new season tickets get spoiled like so many others have been
    No of course not, my main point was getting the stats out that were quoted in the piece.
    I don't know why people need to make out different.

According to Choo our attendances are rising, I can't directly tell the other poster because I am on ignore, so wanted someone to highlight my post.

He won't involve himself in a debate with me Tim so no danger of this thread going off the boil.

Seems to be a decent place to post again recently. Haven't noticed a silly spat for a while.