+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Tweet from Brentford

Latest Tweet from Brentford

We are continuing to monitor the weather conditions ahead of the weekend's game
    Plans are in place for the next 48 hours to do everything in our power to get the game on

Re: Latest Tweet from Brentford

Covering the pitch in the first place would’ve helped

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    We are continuing to monitor the weather conditions ahead of the weekend's game
    Plans are in place for the next 48 hours to do everything in our power to get the game on
    The road conditions are treacherous.

The pavements are treacherous.

It was -16 here this morning and i live about 10 miles from Brentford.

The ground everywhere is frozen solid and has been for the last week.

If this game goes ahead I'll be amazed.

I hope it doesn't go ahead , firstly for the safety of the fans and secondly because even though we are a physical team , bad weather turns games like this into lotteries

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny London View Post
    The road conditions are treacherous.

The pavements are treacherous.

It was -16 here this morning and i live about 10 miles from Brentford.

The ground everywhere is frozen solid and has been for the last week.

If this game goes ahead I'll be amazed.
    First it's the remoaners, then the rebel Tories, now it's the pavements and roads that are treacherous. Where will it end?

If the pitch is playable it should go ahead I say...you never see Tesco’s closed because the pavements are icy.

Latest forecast for the area is not too bad, with no snow from Friday on and about 3or 4 degrees on Saturday.
    Could be O. K.

Think they may get a load dumped on them tomorrow

Wouldn't play Morrison in this weather.Slippery conditions are no good even if your groin is in good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Wouldn't play Morrison in this weather.Slippery conditions are no good even if your groin is in good shape.
    Agree with that. My groin is in great shape but I'm not leaving the house today.

It may be that the issue will be getting team and supporters from South Wales to London.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It may be that the issue will be getting team and supporters from South Wales to London.
    Agreed Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    If the pitch is playable it should go ahead I say...you never see Tesco’s closed because the pavements are icy.
    M6 services closed because of icy pavements & Morrisons closed because of a spider escaped from a fruit delivery. Sort of fits the crireria!

I think they’ll probably see what transpires overnight. They’ve got plenty of time to grit the area around the ground, and any snow lying on the pitch will help to stop it freezing. If they don’t get any more significant snowfall in London in the next 24-36 hours and if the M4 remains clear then it could be ok.

Get out there and play football with an orange ball.

It won't be long until football is cancelled when it's raining.

I wouldn't mind a postponement. Hopefully, full points from Barnsley and Birmingham will keep a great run going.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Would a game be postponed for that reason ? I know games are called off because of conditions around a ground, but can't remember a game being called off because the away fans live in a snow storm?

Common sense dictates the game should be postponed for this reason (people will travel in these conditions if there is a game), and the last thing we want to see is people involved in accidents for the sake of a football game.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    I wouldn't mind a postponement. Hopefully, full points from Barnsley and Birmingham will keep a great run going.
    I was thinking this as well, Brentford could put a stop to our good run of form as they’re a difficult side to play against.

Didn't we have a game called at the CCS due to surrounding area being deemed unsafe even though the pitch was fine - early days of the new stadium?

Actually the Brentford fans are saying that the pitch at Griffin Park has covers and heaters too. And the areas around the stadium aren’t too bad. Still a decent chance it’ll go ahead.

There was a game called off when it was found out the under soil heating was installed but the riddler never sanctioned a boiler or whatever was needed to heat the pitch!

Quote Originally Posted by fred keenor View Post
    There was a game called off when it was found out the under soil heating was installed but the riddler never sanctioned a boiler or whatever was needed to heat the pitch!
    Leicester, December 2009, we all fecked off to Newport to watch a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Didn't we have a game called at the CCS due to surrounding area being deemed unsafe even though the pitch was fine - early days of the new stadium?
    I went down and shovelled snow that time. It was against Blackpool I think

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I went down and shovelled snow that time. It was against Blackpool I think
    That game went ahead, we drew 1-1. Pretty sure the only postponement at the new stadium was the Leicester match in December 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Would a game be postponed for that reason ? I know games are called off because of conditions around a ground, but can't remember a game being called off because the away fans live in a snow storm?

Common sense dictates the game should be postponed for this reason (people will travel in these conditions if there is a game), and the last thing we want to see is people involved in accidents for the sake of a football game.
    Remember when the whole of York flooded and 10 minutes into the game about 5 fans walked on to the Grange end!