+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Traffic cops, ambulance staff, hospitals , highways workers

Re: Traffic cops, ambulance staff, hospitals , highways workers

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    There's much fawning nonsense to be found in this thread.

The primary reason all public sector wallahs, along with all the private sector wallahs, choose to do the jobs they do is for dough. Some may have and many pretend to have other more altruistic reasons which are more important to them than the filthy lucre, but don't be fooled because they are all money mercenaries first and last as pay and pension contributions is their true motivator.

Save your admiration for those volunteers who exchange their time and labour for no monetary gain.
    Smfair play youncome across as right bellend these days. Here you go making comments about public sector ‘wallahs’ as you call them and yet on previous threads you’ve dawned over Nigel Farage.

If there wasn’t anyone out there tonight in the public sector a lot of people would be ****ed.

Havie a think about that in between predicting then world is going to end (again) and wanking over Bitcoin.

The primary reason all public sector wallahs, along with all the private sector wallahs, choose to do the jobs they do is for dough. Some may have and many pretend to have other more altruistic reasons which are more important to them than the filthy lucre, but don't be fooled because they are all money mercenaries first and last as pay and pension contributions is their true motivator.

Save your admiration for those volunteers who exchange their time and labour for no monetary gain.
    Clown

Fair play you come across as a right bellend these days. Here you go making comments about public sector ‘wallahs’ as you call them and yet on previous threads you’ve fawned over Nigel Farage.

If there wasn’t anyone out there tonight in the public sector a lot of people would be ****ed.

Havie a think about that in between predicting the world is going to end (again) and wanking over Bitcoin.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    ah, they don't count, do they ?

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Smfair play youncome across as right bellend these days. Here you go making comments about public sector ‘wallahs’ as you call them and yet on previous threads you’ve dawned over Nigel Farage.

Havie a think about that in between predicting then world is going to end (again) and wanking over Bitcoin.
    I stand by every word. I think I recall you said you was a police officer for a number of years. Be frank, what was the number one reason that got you out of bed to make shifts... was it to serve the community, protect the public or ensuring you had the finances to satisfy outgoings?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    ah, they don't count, do they ?
    Whats your point ? Tonight is a rare night where some ordinary people are doing an exceptional job, why not give them a bit of extra praise?

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Fvck off you **** my wife has just offered to go in to velindre cancer hospital because staff from up the sticks can`t get in and we live in cardiff and cancer patients need looking after why don`t have a day off you fvcking wrong un

I stand by every word. I think I recall you said you was a police officer for a number of years. Be frank, what was the number one reason that got you out of bed to make shifts... was it to serve the community, protect the public or ensuring you had the finances to satisfy outgoings?
    Luckily not everyone is as much of a short sighted idiot as you are.

You’ve always been a complete weirdo, shame the last couple of years you’ve had to prove what an ignorant w@nker you are too.

One day you could be in need of a public sector wallah going into work (maybe on their day off) on a day like today. Please remember to say thank you to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Luckily not everyone is as much of a short sighted idiot as you are.

You’ve always been a complete weirdo, shame the last couple of years you’ve had to prove what an ignorant w@nker you are too.
    If you want to engage, attempt at debate; any arse can hurl insults. Tell me what I wrote that you object to.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    One day you could be in need of a public sector wallah going into work (maybe on their day off) on a day like today. Please remember to say thank you to them.
    I didn't imply that public sector workers aren't important. At least try to address what I stated rather than what I didn't.

If you want to engage, attempt at debate; any arse can hurl insults. Tell me what I wrote that you object to.
    You aren’t worth the oxygen

You aren’t worth the oxygen
    Correction. You haven't the brain power. Now piddle off.

The thing is they’re salaried employees so don’t even need to turn up tomorrow to get paid.

Everyone else is off so it is admirable them going in.

The thing is they’re salaried employees so don’t even need to turn up tomorrow to get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    👏👏 for Insider’s Mrs

Surely even salaried UK workers have to work a basic minimum number of hours.

I'm unsure why you and a few others had your hair over off about my premise that workers work for money above any and all other considerations. If human nature wasn't always that way it's certainly been a culture of grab everything you can since Thatcher parked her 'Aris at 10 Downing Street..

I'm unsure why you and a few others had your hair over off about my premise that workers work for money above any and all other considerations. If human nature wasn't always that way it's certainly been a culture of grab everything you can since Thatcher parked her 'Aris at 10 Downing Street..
    You’re missing the point though, salaried workers are staying home tomorrow and will get paid the ones going in are doing it for more than just money as they’d still get the same if they stayed home.

There’s nothing wrong with just working for a living anyway, I do if i had an excuse to stay home tomorrow I would. But this shows even if they do work for money, it isn’t the only reason because they could easily sack tomorrow off.

Cousins missus works in A+E.

I can say 100 percent she doesn't do it for the money, the shit they get and hours they work just doesn't justify the stress they go through.

So at a guess, that leaves wanting to help as a reason why she may do the job.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    A lot of the (many) stories today about health workers describe them sleeping overnight in hospital and working double or triple shifts to cover for colleagues who were unable to get in. A bit more than making 'the effort to get into work'. They did that too.
    I don't disagree. There are plenty of other people who do similar in different lines if work. We don't hear about them though.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Im sure it's admiral however I guess they could choose not to go in , or were probaly sent home early, think the strain of the post was about those who had to be there, and have no choice.
    What about gas fitters and the like. Busy time of year for them.

They work for the evil corporations though, so can't be considered as angels.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Glos Blue View Post
    What a cûnt you are. Public sector workers aren’t mercenaries who do it for the pay; with a real-time pay decrease of > 20% in 8 years, most could earn a lot more in the private sector but choose not to because they WANT to help their communities.

You clearly have never had a worthwhile job that gives something back to the local population, that’s why you are so bitter and twisted!
    Without wanting to derail the thread, if you look at public say pay increases over 21 years it's greater than inflation for the same period. You can pick and choose any stat to support your own point of view

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post

Every self employed treadesperson I know was in the pub by 1 today.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post

Now you’re being silly. The thread was about saluting a few people who are working extraordinarily hard tonight in adverse conditions. It’s not a dig at anyone or some subtle dig at private sector workers and the ‘evil corporations’ they work for

So spare us your false ****ing faux outrage eh?

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Whats your point ? Tonight is a rare night where some ordinary people are doing an exceptional job, why not give them a bit of extra praise?
    Because it's not just the public sector doing it. Tomorrow when the shelves at your supermarket are restocked, thank the pixies for doing it. When the trains that do run get going, be grateful for the fairies.