+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Traffic cops, ambulance staff, hospitals , highways workers

Re: Traffic cops, ambulance staff, hospitals , highways workers

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I posted a because I thought this was completely the wrong type of thread for him to carry on his boring, decade or more long, campaign against the public sector and the people who work in it.
    It seems that people of that political persuasions and their endless tedious derogatory posts about the public sector could do well to educate themselves with what public sector workers have to put up with.

I admire anyone public or private sector who works hard, can’t fault the staff at co-op Rhwbina today for opening up and working hard.

Sadly our outraged public sector haters will never be dissuaded from their usual bollocks post.

I posted a because I thought this was completely the wrong type of thread for him to carry on his boring, decade or more long, campaign against the public sector and the people who work in it.
    Fair enough. But there's no denying that in this part of the world there's a love-in with all things public sector, and a disdain for those in the private sector.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Fair enough. But there's no denying that in this part of the world there's a love-in with all things public sector, and a disdain for those in the private sector.
    Bollocks, a stupid sweeping generalisation.

That’s rubbish and completely irrelevant in this thread.

I know a few coppers , one of em is a Tory the other labour but this thread wasn't about politics , other silly planks have made it that way

But if they want to ? Then here we go ....... Theresa may was yesterday praising the emergency services police , nurses etc and she has frozen their pay for sake , no wonder most of them vote Labour

Utter rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I know a few coppers , one of em is a Tory the other labour but this thread wasn't about politics , other silly planks have made it that way

But if they want to ? Then here we go ....... Theresa may was yesterday praising the emergency services police , nurses etc and she has frozen their pay for sake , no wonder most of them vote Labour
    You’re right Slufge. I saw it as non political. As I explained earlier I agreed with what you say I’ve got good mates from my days in the force and I wouldn’t have fancied a night shift like last night.

I’m my own boss self employed in the private sector but doesn’t mean that I can’t show some empathy and affection for all my old public sector mates

My daughter is a doctor at the Heath. She's on 14 hour shifts all this weekend. She tried and failed to get her car out to get from the Bay to the hospital. She phoned them and they said they'd get someone to pick her up and that she could stay overnight. When she got there they denied all knowledge of this so at the moment she's faced with a long, cold and potentially dangerous walk home, before grabbing some sleep and then doing the same tomorrow. Take a bow Cardiff and Vale Health Board

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    My daughter is a doctor at the Heath. She's on 14 hour shifts all this weekend. She tried and failed to get her car out to get from the Bay to the hospital. She phoned them and they said they'd get someone to pick her up and that she could stay overnight. When she got there they denied all knowledge of this so at the moment she's faced with a long, cold and potentially dangerous walk home, before grabbing some sleep and then doing the same tomorrow. Take a bow Cardiff and Vale Health Board

If I had a 4x4 mate I’d gladly give her a lift home.

I have heard of people helping out in this way over Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    If I had a 4x4 mate I’d gladly give her a lift home.

I have heard of people helping out in this way over Cardiff
    Yes there are I understand. I'm around 25 miles away unfortunately. Thanks for the kind thought

Feedback

it wasn't a dig at the public sector, it was asking why other non public sector workers weren't mentioned in the OP.

Feedback

It seems that people of that political persuasions and their endless tedious derogatory posts about the public sector could do well to educate themselves with what public sector workers have to put up with.

I admire anyone public or private sector who works hard, can’t fault the staff at co-op Rhwbina today for opening up and working hard.

Sadly our outraged public sector haters will never be dissuaded from their usual bollocks post.
    I wasn't having a go at the public sector, I was asking why non public sector workers who also managed to keep going were ignored by Sludge.

Feedback

Bollocks, a stupid sweeping generalisation.
    read the OP, see where sludge fails to mention the supermarket lorry drivers who ensured the supermarkets were stocked with food overnight, or whether british gas workers were ensuring we remained heated and so on...

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    read the OP, see where sludge fails to mention the supermarket lorry drivers who ensured the supermarkets were stocked with food overnight, or whether british gas workers were ensuring we remained heated and so on...
    I have read it and QM has come inwith a stupid generalisation which is utter bollocks.
    Sludge praised a few workers, he has waded in with some utter ****ing nonsense and I’ve no idea why you’re trying to defend him as he’s made an arse of himself

As I stated earlier as you’ll see I was full of praise for the staff of my local co-op fair play to them.

Feedback

I have read it and QM has come inwith a stupid generalisation which is utter bollocks.
    Sludge praised a few workers, he has waded in with some utter ****ing nonsense and I’ve no idea why you’re trying to defend him as he’s made an arse of himself

As I stated earlier as you’ll see I was full of praise for the staff of my local co-op fair play to them.
    You and I are on the same page then. By gripe was with sludge's polarised view, as I've said previously.

The real heroes are the drug dealers though. My mate tells me they make it through no matter what.

Jesus Christ.

He mentioned a few different types of worker.

Shall we all have a checklist at hand for future posts? As not to discriminate.. or can't simple people just post whatever they want to without a bloody outcry.

You and I are on the same page then. By gripe was with sludge's polarised view, as I've said previously.

The real heroes are the drug dealers though. My mate tells me they make it through no matter what.
    I’ve actually been looking out the window seeing which neighbours roofs aren’t snow covered and thinking ‘hello what’s in that attic’ 😂😂

My daughter's partner is a paediatric nurse and he got up at 5am this morning to walk 1hr45mins to the hospital where he works (they live in Bristol).
    Sorry if this is non political and relevant to the original post.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    My daughter's partner is a paediatric nurse and he got up at 5am this morning to walk 1hr45mins to the hospital where he works (they live in Bristol).
    Sorry if this is non political and relevant to the original post.
    My parents used to walk that for to school each day. Allegedly.

Feedback

I’ve actually been looking out the window seeing which neighbours roofs aren’t snow covered and thinking ‘hello what’s in that attic’ 😂😂

Once a rozzer...

Once a rozzer...
    I’m in the utilities field now. If they’re using a lot of electricity I’m thejr man 😉😃

Jesus h Christ I give up , my view was these emergency workers do a bloody great job at times like this ........and that was it ......if I wanted to have made a point about the private fecking sector then I would have done so

You have made a silly arguement out of nothing

That's it from me

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    There's much fawning nonsense to be found in this thread.

The primary reason all public sector wallahs, along with all the private sector wallahs, choose to do the jobs they do is for dough. Some may have and many pretend to have other more altruistic reasons which are more important to them than the filthy lucre, but don't be fooled because they are all money mercenaries first and last as pay and pension contributions is their true motivator.

Save your admiration for those volunteers who exchange their time and labour for no monetary gain.
    Public Sector worker here, where do you get your bitter cynicism from?

Just for the record, I work for a local authority in a front line service. I've had the last two days off due to the bad weather and I've spent it taking the kids out sledging and drinking Brains SA Gold. Here's the stinger though, you may have paid for it😂

Cheers butt👍

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Public Sector worker here, where do you get your bitter cynicism from?

Just for the record, I work for a local authority in a front line service. I've had the last two days off due to the bad weather and I've spent it taking the kids out sledging and drinking Brains SA Gold. Here's the stinger though, you may have paid for it��

Cheers butt��
    From experience, boyo. People work for the wonga before anything else. They do so to pay bills, go on hols and the like. That's an uncomfortable truth for some round here.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    From experience, boyo. People work for the wonga before anything else. They do so to pay bills, go on hols and the like. That's an uncomfortable truth for some round here.
    Been reading about medical care professionals sleeping at the hospitals so they dont miss shifts.

Going beyond the normal conditions to earn their ‘wonga’ As you say and they don’t strike me as the type who’ve succumbed to the grab all culture of Thatcherism that you seem to indicate that we’re all part of in an earlier message.