+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Traffic cops, ambulance staff, hospitals , highways workers

Traffic cops, ambulance staff, hospitals , highways workers

It's at times like this we realise what a great bunch they are

Re: Traffic cops, ambulance staff, hospitals , highways workers

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's at times like this we realise what a great bunch they are
    Don't forget all the service lads & lasses that help out as well.

Feedback

What about everyone else who bothered to make the effort to get into work?

Also spare a thought for ALL the on call Undertakers who will be out endeavoring to safely bring your loved ones into our care.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    A lot of the (many) stories today about health workers describe them sleeping overnight in hospital and working double or triple shifts to cover for colleagues who were unable to get in. A bit more than making 'the effort to get into work'. They did that too.

I’m hearing some great stories about people in 4x4’s helping get health workers to work

My wife is a healthcare worker it is n`t a job to her it`s a vocation.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Bow down to the lady.

I think we feel we have a duty to the public. If we’re not in work to help the community, no one else will be.

A few years ago two of my colleagues spent three days living at the ambulance station because no relief staff could get into the Cotswolds. Luckily they were having an affair, so more than happy for time alone together?

Bloody heroes the lot of them.

Just listening to a care worker in the local shol still doing her rounds at 4pm, to vulnerable folk, probaly on lower money than nurses, fireman and policeman, made me feel very humble .

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Don't forget all the service lads & lasses that help out as well.
    Indeed mate

If highway workers get a mention, I'd like to also include the orange army.

Not pleasant working out on track in minus conditions.

Thank the Lord I left.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Too right

I have a psychiatric nurse who phoned me this afternoon .......we didn't have a meeting aranged.......she was just phoning to check I was ok and had enough medication for the weekend before she left work at 3 pm to get home ........top people

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Just listening to a care worker in the local shol still doing her rounds at 4pm, to vulnerable folk, probaly on lower money than nurses, fireman and policeman, made me feel very humble .
    My mother has a care worker who does her shopping every Thursday ......she phoned today to say she was so sorry she couldn't make it .......she was snowed in , in one of the Bridgend valleys !!

Im sure it's admiral however I guess they could choose not to go in , or were probaly sent home early, think the strain of the post was about those who had to be there, and have no choice.

Just been to pick up my wife ( she is a haridresser, worked till 7 ) the roads are hell, even the major roads, it surprised me a little, just a line of tyre tracks, posted on FB about it and one of our friends ( a nurse ) said " i am finishing at 10.30 and will have to drive home down that road "
    got to feel for her

There's much fawning nonsense to be found in this thread.

The primary reason all public sector wallahs, along with all the private sector wallahs, choose to do the jobs they do is for dough. Some may have and many pretend to have other more altruistic reasons which are more important to them than the filthy lucre, but don't be fooled because they are all money mercenaries first and last as pay and pension contributions is their true motivator.

Save your admiration for those volunteers who exchange their time and labour for no monetary gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

The primary reason all public sector wallahs, along with all the private sector wallahs, choose to do the jobs they do is for dough. Some may have and many pretend to have other more altruistic reasons which are more important to them than the filthy lucre, but don't be fooled because they are all money mercenaries first and last as pay and pension contributions is their true motivator.

Save your admiration for those volunteers who exchange their time and labour for no monetary gain.
    Fvck off you **** my wife has just offered to go in to velindre cancer hospital because staff from up the sticks can`t get in and we live in cardiff and cancer patients need looking after why don`t have a day off you fvcking wrong un

What a cûnt you are. Public sector workers aren’t mercenaries who do it for the pay; with a real-time pay decrease of > 20% in 8 years, most could earn a lot more in the private sector but choose not to because they WANT to help their communities.

You clearly have never had a worthwhile job that gives something back to the local population, that’s why you are so bitter and twisted!

You are one sad ****.

I'm not sure that you're right with that opinion. I have a number of friends in various roles in the public sector who are more than capable of earning a lot more money in private industry but decide against it as they feel they are doing their bit, looking after people, protecting people and genuinely making a difference. Yes they receive a wage (not a massive one) and a decent pension which they pay for.

Jesus Christ what a w@nker

Again you show yourself to be the stupidest and most ignorant man on this board.