+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Traffic cops, ambulance staff, hospitals , highways workers

Feedback

Re: Traffic cops, ambulance staff, hospitals , highways workers

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Been reading about medical care professionals sleeping at the hospitals so they dont miss shifts.

Going beyond the normal conditions to earn their ‘wonga’ As you say and they don’t strike me as the type who’ve succumbed to the grab all culture of Thatcherism that you seem to indicate that we’re all part of in an earlier message.
    I was in Tesco this morning. The store manager and a few others slept in store overnight to make sure the deliveries got through.

There's a lot of dedicated staff out there in all sorts of lines of work.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    I was in Tesco this morning. The store manager and a few others slept in store overnight to make sure the deliveries got through.

There's a lot of dedicated staff out there in all sorts of lines of work.
    Can’t fault them

Feedback

Can’t fault them
    I can, there was no effing bread. How can I have a BLT without bread?

Staff waiting 2 hours at a pick up point for a lift to the royal glamorgan hospital after walking to said pick up point.

That's dedication, not chasing money.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    From experience, boyo. People work for the wonga before anything else. They do so to pay bills, go on hols and the like. That's an uncomfortable truth for some round here.
    From my experience mardy arse, not everyone is as shallow as you and I. Some people work for a myriad a reasons not to just chase 'wonga'.

Admit it, we're a couple of shallow wankers weaving our way through life with a bitterly cynical eye

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    From my experience mardy arse, not everyone is as shallow as you and I. Some people work for a myriad a reasons not to just chase 'wonga'.

Admit it, we're a couple of shallow wankers weaving our way through life with a bitterly cynical eye
    Spot on

Feedback

I agree, some people don't work for the money. However, given the large number of public sector strikes we've seen in the past 8 years, and they have pretty much all been due to pay and pensions, I'd say such individuals are few and far between in the public sector.

I agree, some people don't work for the money. However, given the large number of public sector strikes we've seen in the past 8 years, and they have pretty much all been due to pay and pensions, I'd say such individuals are few and far between in the public sector.

Nurses and health workers etc still need to put food on the tables for their children and pay their bills the same as you, you sanctimonious bellend.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Nurses and health workers etc still need to put food on the tables for their children and pay their bills the same as you, you sanctimonious bellend.
    Correct.

Wonder if TISS would wait 2 hours at a pick up point for a lift to get to work.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    so they go to work to earn money, just as Organ Morgan suggested. Lets not pretend they do it for the love of the job, they do it to earn the readies. Now that's not to say that some do go above and beyond what would be expected, but none of them would work for free.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Correct.

Wonder if TISS would wait 2 hours at a pick up point for a lift to get to work.
    I have done in the past, what is your point?

That standing in the cold for 2 hours for a lift to work to help people is going above and beyond.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    That standing in the cold for 2 hours for a lift to work to help people is going above and beyond.
    Is it really?

Everyone who works will be helping somebody somewhere no matter what their job.

Is it really?

Everyone who works will be helping somebody somewhere no matter what their job.
    Oh well, that's great then.

Personally and speaking as a public sector worker, I always enjoy a strike day as it gives me the opportunity to have the day to myself. Admittedly I don't get paid for exercising my right to illustrate my lack of salary rise for a number of years but the tax payer has been giving me ludicrous amounts of songs for what I do for years, thus a few days a year striking is an extra holiday. Cheers to you all.

Feedback

Personally and speaking as a public sector worker, I always enjoy a strike day as it gives me the opportunity to have the day to myself. Admittedly I don't get paid for exercising my right to illustrate my lack of salary rise for a number of years but the tax payer has been giving me ludicrous amounts of songs for what I do for years, thus a few days a year striking is an extra holiday. Cheers to you all.

That's straight from the university of life

so they go to work to earn money, just as Organ Morgan suggested. Lets not pretend they do it for the love of the job, they do it to earn the readies. Now that's not to say that some do go above and beyond what would be expected, but none of them would work for free.
    What on earth has all of that got to with the message Sludge posted to start this thread?

Surprised that you didn't pop over to Bristol to pay for your prescription while you were waiting.

Been reading about medical care professionals sleeping at the hospitals so they dont miss shifts.

Going beyond the normal conditions to earn their ‘wonga’ As you say and they don’t strike me as the type who’ve succumbed to the grab all culture of Thatcherism that you seem to indicate that we’re all part of in an earlier message.
    Some have more integrity than others. I note that you haven't answered my polite query made in the last post on page 1 of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What on earth has all of that got to with the message Sludge posted to start this thread?
    I took umbrage at Sludge's thread opener and a few that proceeded it as I was aghast at the suggestion that we should be grateful for workers performing the role that they're paid to do.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Don't forget all the service lads & lasses that help out as well.
    I guess it beats being shot at.

I interpret your words as an acknowledgement that you choose to 'work for a local authority in a front line service' first and foremost for the income it provides which trumps whatever benefit your role provides for fellow citizens. Credit to you for doing so because no-one else in this thread has been so candid.

As for the 'myriad of reasons' remarks - again, in spite of what they might claim, none of those reasons supersede their principal objective of tucking the folding stuff into their arse pocket, i.e. wonga and filthy lucre... terms I've used for the exact same but more polite terms as income, remuneration, etc.

Feedback

Why have you asked me this question and not levelled it at the posters who were discussing it first?

Feedback

Surprised that you didn't pop over to Bristol to pay for your prescription while you were waiting.
    Are you just bashing your keyboard today Bob?

Are you just bashing your keyboard today Bob?
    No, I can remember your claim that you go to England to get your prescriptions so you can pay for them from a few years ago - it was as ludicrous as your message in another place that the Assembly Government is to blame for the lack of food in supermarkets in the last few days.