+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Traffic cops, ambulance staff, hospitals , highways workers

Re: Traffic cops, ambulance staff, hospitals , highways workers

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No, I can remember your claim that you go to England to get your prescriptions so you can pay for them from a few years ago - it was as ludicrous as your message in another place that the Assembly Government is to blame for the lack of food in supermarkets in the last few days.
    Wow.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No, I can remember your claim that you go to England to get your prescriptions so you can pay for them from a few years ago - it was as ludicrous as your message in another place that the Assembly Government is to blame for the lack of food in supermarkets in the last few days.
    I knew what you were referring to bob. When I was working in Bristol I'd pick up my prescription. Why is that so hard to believe?

I will leave you work out just how serious I was regarding the empty shelves in supermarkets. As Abraham Lincoln said 'dont believe everything you read on the internet'

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I took umbrage at Sludge's thread opener and a few that proceeded it as I was aghast at the suggestion that we should be grateful for workers performing the role that they're paid to do.
    So you have a sense of entitlement even during atrocious weather conditions when many are affected?

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    So you have a sense of entitlement even during atrocious weather conditions when many are affected?
    Non sequitur

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I interpret your words as an acknowledgement that you choose to 'work for a local authority in a front line service' first and foremost for the income it provides which trumps whatever benefit your role provides for fellow citizens. Credit to you for doing so because no-one else in this thread has been so candid.

As for the 'myriad of reasons' remarks - again, in spite of what they might claim, none of those reasons supersede their principal objective of tucking the folding stuff into their arse pocket, i.e. wonga and filthy lucre... terms I've used for the exact same but more polite terms as income, remuneration, etc.
    You've interpreted my words correctly. It's a job nothing more, nothing less. If I described myself as anything else in relation to it I'd be dishonest.

Here's the thing though, I wouldn't judge everyone on your own low morals. There are a number who undertake their roles for altruistic reasons (I don't understand it eitherand prepared to act professionally and put in the extra effort to ensure they are there for others.

C'mon let yourself go and give those daft sods a nod of respect they deserve. You cynical misery guts.

X