+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: just had a call out

just had a call out

My boss just phoned me,the alarm is going off in work.Can you attend he asked like fcuk i said.I told him i will go there in the morning.It is like a blizzard out there i would die to night.He said you are only a 10 min walk away.No way to dangerous.

Re: just had a call out

I'm a 15 minute walk from work, 20 on nights when I can't take a short cut, walked home lastnight early around 2am and it was freezing. There was hardly any snow, and nearer home no snow on the ground.

Got ready to walk over about 5 today and looked outside 5.30 and rang to say I wouldn't be going in, boss is good as gold said no problem, shit to lose 2 days pay but hey ho.. was a foot of snow walking to the shop an hour ago down my street..the route I need to walk off the main roads would be the same, and worse again by the time I was leaving at 6am.

Tell your boss to do one

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I'm a 15 minute walk from work, 20 on nights when I can't take a short cut, walked home lastnight early around 2am and it was freezing. There was hardly any snow, and nearer home no snow on the ground.

Got ready to walk over about 5 today and looked outside 5.30 and rang to say I wouldn't be going in, boss is good as gold said no problem, shit to lose 2 days pay but hey ho.. was a foot of snow walking to the shop an hour ago down my street..the route I need to walk off the main roads would be the same, and worse again by the time I was leaving at 6am.

Tell your boss to do one
    I did

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    My boss just phoned me,the alarm is going off in work.Can you attend he asked like fcuk i said.I told him i will go there in the morning.It is like a blizzard out there i would die to night.He said you are only a 10 min walk away.No way to dangerous.
    Too damned right

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    I did
    I've given up on overtime and I'm going back Monday now. **** it. Need a mini hibernation after a pacey start to the year.

I would have walked it if it’s only 10.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I've given up on overtime and I'm going back Monday now. **** it. Need a mini hibernation after a pacey start to the year.
    Work shy as ****. Typical rails boy.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Work shy as ****. Typical rails boy.
    Left that life over a year ago now

Call me work shy when your pulling heavy as **** cable 2,000 metres down track with sideways icy rain smashing you in the face, your hard hat and light has come off so you can't see **** all and can't dropthe cable to look for it so have to get it on the walk back... I was one of the unfortunate ones that always seemed to have to work. Left that to dig and refill holes in the pissing down rain.

Some right cushy numbers out there mind..I did habe the odd week of feet up all day or driving to reading to sign in and drive home..

So in short another easy number

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    So in short another easy number
    Get to bed

At a push you've sweated on a folder machine before you made the office desk

Went to work at 8,the stores had at least 10"of snow all over the stock light fittings and the snow was all over the pir'swhich set the alarm off.Iy was coming in under sheeting.

had a phone call this morning to ask if i was cleaning the ladies windows

we must have 1 foot of snow

I said i will be around in 10 minutes, she hasnt phoned back

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    had a phone call this morning to ask if i was cleaning the ladies windows

we must have 1 foot of snow

I said i will be around in 10 minutes, she hasnt phoned back