+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Roads open or shut around Cardiff

Roads open or shut around Cardiff

Anyone been out? Doesn't look like the snow was that heavy. Banked up a bit in places, ploughs were out last night, but don't know if they were effective or not

Cardiff bus giving an update at 7. Arriva have cancelled most services or the day

Re: Roads open or shut around Cardiff

Be good to know, how can the a48 be shut towards the hospital? You’d think that would be a priority....

Thornhill road, Llanishen, to go over the mountain is passable, but don't know what the top of the mountain is like.

In saying that, 2 transit vans have got into difficulty as I am writing this. Stopped at the lights and can't get traction now to move.

Has the weather been bad .

Cardiff buses suspended and will be reviewed at 11 am.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Has the weather been bad .
    I’ve heard the word “treacherous” more times in the last 48 hours than I have in the last 40 years

Walked down to Llantrisant Rd earlier and it didn't look good.

Factory won't be opening today 😕

Baring in mind where the players of ccfc live, how on earth will they get out of their hoses today to get to London? Can’t see it happening from their mansions in the vale....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Baring in mind where the players of ccfc live, how on earth will they get out of their hoses today to get to London? Can’t see it happening from their mansions in the vale....
    Footballers have all got four wheel drives isn’t it? Surely the team will head down tomorrow morning anyway.

Don't think they'll be watering the garden today

I think their 21 inch winter tyres on their 5.4litre range rovers will help them.
    They dont drive cavaliers anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I’ve heard the word “treacherous” more times in the last 48 hours than I have in the last 40 years
    just ahead of 'plummeted ' . Why can't temperatures just 'drop', like in the old days ..

Drove from St Davids car park last night to Radyr, don’t know the feck I did it. Will never attempt it again.

Staying at a friends for the time being because it’s looking pretty impossible to get to Llantrisant.

Pretty sure anyone at risk would've stayed at the Vale overnight.