+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CALL IT OFF NOW !!!!!!! This is ridiculous !!

CALL IT OFF NOW !!!!!!! This is ridiculous !!

People can't get out of their houses, never mind streets. !

Fans are ringing and texting me, "if we have any spaces on the coaches, as trains might not be running"

CALL IT OFF NOW or GIVE PEOPLE THEIR TICKET MONEY BACK, AFTER THE EVENT, IF THEY CAN'T TRAVEL

ACT NOW

Re: CALL IT OFF NOW !!!!!!! This is ridiculous !!

It's fine down here in London at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    It's fine down here in London at the moment.
    It's not London that is the problem, it's South Wales

Fans have £25 tickets which are frigging useless in a valley's house on a Saturday.

Yes... some clarification from our club would be welcome.
    My 7 year old and i have tickets but i am 50/50 on whether i want to do the drive. If it's better tomorrow then i will probably go for it but if it's not then i dont think the club should argue about refunds.
    If i don't end up going then i would be happy to swap for Derby tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1927 View Post
    Yes... some clarification from our club would be welcome.
    My 7 year old and i have tickets but i am 50/50 on whether i want to do the drive. If it's better tomorrow then i will probably go for it but if it's not then i dont think the club should argue about refunds.
    If i don't end up going then i would be happy to swap for Derby tickets.
    Unfortunately, ALL the ticket money goes to Brentford, so our club has no say in the matter. BUT morally it is wrong to take the money off fans who are unable to travel.

Plod all over the country are telling people to stay home unless journey is a necessity, a FOOTBALL MATCH, is not a necessity !!

They’ll surely have to refund people or come up with something.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Fans have £25 tickets which are frigging useless in a valley's house on a Saturday.
    Right or wrong, just saying I can't see Brentford calling it off with things as they stand down here

Right or wrong, just saying I can't see Brentford calling it off with things as they stand down here
    It's UP here

The weather forecast I saw for today and overnight shows more snow coming into the south and right across London through to Wales? Has this forecast changed

I am travelling from Neath to Cardiff for a pick up and then onwards so will give it a go if the game on is on but early heads from Brentford would be good?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    The weather forecast I saw for today and overnight shows more snow coming into the south and right across London through to Wales? Has this forecast changed

I am travelling from Neath to Cardiff for a pick up and then onwards so will give it a go if the game on is on but early heads from Brentford would be good?
    We're due some later, but every forecast so far for snow in London this week has been greater than the reality.

They can always burn them to stay warm!

Not even listed for a pitch inspection according to the EFL
    https://www.efl.com/news/2018/march/...h-inspections/

Brentford would no doubt understand the difficulties but their responsibility is to get their ground fit for football and take advice on the risks in the surrounding area unless there was no chance that our team was able to make the fixture. If someone suggested that last week's Bristol game was called off because areas around Bristol were flooded and impassable then I doubt there would be much interest from Cardiff City in doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Brentford would no doubt understand the difficulties but their responsibility is to get their ground fit for football and take advice on the risks in the surrounding area unless there was no chance that our team was able to make the fixture. If someone suggested that last week's Bristol game was called off because areas around Bristol were flooded and impassable then I doubt there would be much interest from Cardiff City in doing so.
    Agree with this. There have been numerous occasions where we have played matches where the away fans had little to no chance of making it.

Not sure Brentford give a fcuk about travelling Cardiff fans, not their problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Agree with this. There have been numerous occasions where we have played matches where the away fans had little to no chance of making it.
    I am sure it was Bradford but in the early 80s someone brought a game forward from an midweek evening kick to an afternoon kickoff because the floodlights were broken - the only game i missed that season home, away, friendly and cup!!!

Also got to near Gillingham one year only for the game to be called off because of snow

So yes away fans are secondary

Most Moscow Torpedo fans couldn't even get to their home game against us, but it went ahead��

Any spare tickets available from those not planning on going/unable to go?

People can't get out of their houses, never mind streets. !

Fans are ringing and texting me, "if we have any spaces on the coaches, as trains might not be running"

CALL IT OFF NOW or GIVE PEOPLE THEIR TICKET MONEY BACK, AFTER THE EVENT, IF THEY CAN'T TRAVEL

ACT NOW
    No traffic moving around Cardiff, I live by the Heath and they haven’t even cleared the roads going into it. Ridiculous, council knew this was coming a week ago ffs.
    How will fans get to the coaches?

It's UP here
    We get it mate.

Miss R taught you a few things on a computer. You can just type posts normally though..

As for travel, people I know made it home from north Wales last night took about 8 hours.

I'd imagine the M4 would be better.

I'd imagine people could make it to a pick up point for a bus.

Agree with OP, completely unfair to the travelling fans.
    In these exceptional cases, there should be some kind of central contingency fund where if people cannot get to the game due to an "act of god" they can get refunded, where the club, in this case Brentford, does not lose out either.

Out of interest Tony, I assume you have to pay full price for the coach if you don't travel?

pitch inspection 1pm today

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Agree with OP, completely unfair to the travelling fans.
    In these exceptional cases, there should be some kind of central contingency fund where if people cannot get to the game due to an "act of god" they can get refunded, where the club, in this case Brentford, does not lose out either.

Out of interest Tony, I assume you have to pay full price for the coach if you don't travel?
    Once we go over the Severn bridge, we have to pay the full price, same with Supporters Club.