+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wolves and Villa matches called off.

Wolves and Villa matches called off.

Re: Wolves and Villa matches called off.

I'm surprised because the official reason for the Wolves v Reading postponement is a frozen pitch. I'd have thought that they would have under-soil heating at Molyneux.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I'm surprised because the official reason for the Wolves v Reading postponement is a frozen pitch. I'd have thought that they would have under-soil heating at Molyneux.
    Their Portuguese lads didn't fancy the cold more like

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Perhaps some good news here. I'd expect both to win theirs. I'd rather be 4 points clear of Villa having played the same number of games than 1 point ahead with a game in hand.

Poor lickle Wolvesalona - their quest for world dominance delayed by a bit of ice and snow. Not such a big club after all perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Poor lickle Wolvesalona - their quest for world dominance delayed by a bit of ice and snow. Not such a big club after all perhaps.
    The Germans encountered similar problems on the Eastern front, did they not?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Perhaps some good news here. I'd expect both to win theirs. I'd rather be 4 points clear of Villa having played the same number of games than 1 point ahead with a game in hand.
    Has to be good news for this reason and the fact that the remaining games are being condensed into a shorter period of time.

Less time to recover from knocks but also inconvenient for the better teams in rearranging, training and general preparation.

Would have been nice to see the Wolves superstars tip toeing on ice mind you.

The Germans encountered similar problems on the Eastern front, did they not?
    They did but one big difference is that the Germans were much more popular around these parts than Wolves are now.

Under soil heating only works in certain conditions. If it gets too cold, it may be ineffective.

Disappointed our game is off. Guaranteed away win.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Their Portuguese lads didn't fancy the cold more like
    Been on a bad run, so I completely agree.