+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mark Symonds 'The Alien' RIP

Re: Mark Symonds 'The Alien' RIP

Condolonces to everyone on here who knew Mark.

I didn’t know him personally, but always came across as a really decent guy. Condolences to his family and friends.
    RIP feller.

Sad news.
    Condolences to Mark's family and friends.

Oh no, I didn’t realise he had passed away. Mike M put him directly in touch with me when he first contracted bowel cancer which I was also suffering with at the time but further along with my treatment. We exchanged regular emails and kept each other updated on our treatments and supported each other. Last year he gave me his Euro 2016 fan number as I needed an extra one for one of my sons, I didn’t ask for it, he just offered it. I know he was pleased to have walked his daughter down the aisle last year. I wrote to him about a month ago but didn’t get a reply , he must have been seriously ill by then. Makes me realise how lucky I’ve been and how unfair life can be

RIP Mark, my fellow bluebird

Dont remember a single post by him, but a sad story. RIP

Condolences to the family. :(

Sad news, RIP.

Very sad news. As Matt days he always came across on here as a good bloke. RIP Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Oh no, I didn’t realise he had passed away. Mike M put him directly in touch with me when he first contracted bowel cancer which I was also suffering with at the time but further along with my treatment. We exchanged regular emails and kept each other updated on our treatments and supported each other. Last year he gave me his Euro 2016 fan number as I needed an extra one for one of my sons, I didn’t ask for it, he just offered it. I know he was pleased to have walked his daughter down the aisle last year. I wrote to him about a month ago but didn’t get a reply , he must have been seriously ill by then. Makes me realise how lucky I’ve been and how unfair life can be

RIP Mark, my fellow bluebird
    Indeed , may I wish you good health following your illness

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Long time MB poster Mark Symonds, who posted as The Alien, has passed away.

Mark was disagnosed with bowel cancer in 2015 and despite battling to overcome it he suffered set backs with secondary cancers in his pelvis and lungs and subsequent kidney failure.

After coming through all of that he continued to fight and was posting on CCMB as recently as January. A couple of weeks ago the cancer came back and though doctors gave him six months to live he sadly died in the early hours of today.

Thoughts to Mark's family.

RIP
    This is terribly sad news, I had noticed his absence recently and assumed he had just stopped posting. He was someone I enjoyed posting with. I think he was on the board as long as 15years ago.

My thoughts and condolences go to Mark's family and friends at this tragic time.

Awful news.

First Team

So sorry to hear that.
    A lovely man and we had some great conversations about our love of the City & cricket.
    Condolences to his family.

Mark was disagnosed with bowel cancer in 2015 and despite battling to overcome it he suffered set backs with secondary cancers in his pelvis and lungs and subsequent kidney failure.

After coming through all of that he continued to fight and was posting on CCMB as recently as January. A couple of weeks ago the cancer came back and though doctors gave him six months to live he sadly died in the early hours of today.

RIP

Awful news, my thoughts are with his family. Always seemed a top guy on here, so sad.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

RIP Bluebird ... your spirit lives on in your loved ones.

Very sad to read this, one of the regular posters from the old board and all 'round great guy, rest well Mark

R.I.P. Mark. Always enjoyed your posts on here

It was with great sorrow that I heard yesterday of the passing of Mark Symonds - "The Alien" on here.

As well as being a very well liked poster on this message board he was also well liked in his home town of Cwmbran and very well respected throughout the area for his professionalism and craftsmanship in his roofing business.

He will be sorely missed by everyone who knew him and, I'm sure, from everyone who enjoyed his posts on this message board.

R.I.P. Mark. A gentleman.

Thats some really sad news, Going to be missed on here. Condolences to his family.

RIP
    This is so sad :-(

Tragic news, thoughts with Mark's family and friends. RIP Bluebird.

RIP Bluebird.

Details of Mark's funeral have now been published for those interested

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/ann...deaths/deaths/

SYMONDS (The Alien) Peacefully at his home in Cwmbran, surrounded by his loving family, Mark Symonds. Beloved husband of Tricia, devoted father of Sarahjane, Carl, Amy and the late Emma. Respected father in law of Adam, Chloe and Mr John, dearly loved Bampi of Poppy, Archie, Jacob, Theo, Auden and Jorgie-Rose. Funeral Thursday 29th March, service 11.30am at Gwent Crematorium. Family flowers only, donations in lieu may be given at the service for Velindre Cancer Appeal. Enquiries to Peterson Funeral Home, Maendy Way, Cwmbran. Tel: 01633 483127.

I have been posting on and off since 1998 and although I never met him I certainly exchanged discussions with him on many occasions. Always came across as a friendly and open minded person. Strange to think that a poster / moniker has disappeared off the board, but sadly behind it a real person with real family and friends feeling the real loss. Awfully sad news.

Sad to see you leave Alien. Certainly a true blue. RIP.

Sad to hear this, a good poster on this forum for as long as I’ve been using it.

RIP

RIP Bluebird Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Second this.
    RIP
    RIP Mark