+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: With Brentford postponed our next games are Barnsley and Birmingham at home

With Brentford postponed our next games are Barnsley and Birmingham at home

No easy games in this division but we have to be looking at making it six wins in a row.

With some of the other teams playing three times in the next 8/9 days I reckon we could strengthen our position with two victories.

Re: With Brentford postponed our next games are Barnsley and Birmingham at home

I agree Mike. These 2 games become ever so important. No easy games as you say but we have to be looking for max points.

I’m a bit cheesed off as I was looking forward to my first trip to Brentford. But it’s a blessing really I suppose, it would have been a really tough game in those conditions and with out injury list. Another few days to get players fit is perfect. And whatever happens we’ll still be second going into Tuesdays game.

2 home games and Stiff Little Fingers next friday
    What a week to look forward to

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    No easy games in this division but we have to be looking at making it six wins in a row.

With some of the other teams playing three times in the next 8/9 days I reckon we could strengthen our position with two victories.
    Could be a blessing this, gives us 3 more days to get Morrison fit for starters!

Mind you, knowing our luck Birmingham will have a new manager by the time we play them for that new manager bounce!

Monk

It’s why I think Brentford being off is a blessing in disguise for the team. Fingers crossed for 6 wins in a row.

Whenever I think of Brentford I think of that game (I think it was between Christmas and new year) when about 5000 of us turned up and many got turned away. I was one of the lucky ones. Fantastic support, probably better than it is now and I think we were in the bottom division then.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    Whenever I think of Brentford I think of that game (I think it was between Christmas and new year) when about 5000 of us turned up and many got turned away. I was one of the lucky ones. Fantastic support, probably better than it is now and I think we were in the bottom division then.
    Seem to remember standing on an open terrace for that one ... may be mistaken.

Was it during the Eddie May era?

No, I think it was a bit later than that. Possibly Alan Cork or Lennie Lawrence?

I think there were two levels in the stand and I was in the bottom tier.

Brentford underestimated the amount of fans we’d bring but insisted we could just pay on the gate. There were queues going round the block.